They're at it again!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Klosblue

Costs nothing to be nice!
I just turned over to see a Tanzanite ring, in what was admittedly an unusual and very nice design, about 1.4 carat round cut with diamonds. The final price was £479. It wasn't their usual AAA Tanzanite and looked as if it was windowed but not as bad as most I've seen.

Tony said "Don't get this insured for this price. I think you should be insuring it for 10 times this price because you could travel the World and wouldn't get it again for this price". So, basically he was saying that the ring would cost you £4790 to replace!! Now, three things here, firstly if the ring would cost £4790 to replace why are they selling it at a tenth of that price? Secondly, they constantly tell us that Tony pays £1000/$1000 a carat (they can never make their minds up about the currency) so how do they work out that this 1.41 carat ring would cost £4790 - if the Tanzanite cost £1410 at top dollar are they then saying it costs £3380 for the diamonds, gold and setting?? Finally, why on earth are they advising that someone has this ring specified on their insurance (which at £4790 they would have to do) and pay a substantial extra premium for it when in the event of a claim they would only get it replaced at the genuine replacement value if they had a valuation certificate or if they didn't have a valuation they would get the price they paid on producing a receipt. Either way imho they would be paying a lot of money to insure something which was worth nothing like the £4790 they had it covered for!

You can buy beautiful Tanzanite lose stones from TJC for example, which look far superior, for less than £1000 so you're not going to tell me that it would cost more than 3 times that to have it set?

Once again this is totally misleading information.

They obviously think they're beyond reproach. I thought it was against regulations to suggest how much something was worth? If that's the case then Tony's sailed very close to the wind.

A 1.41ct Tanzanite - even the very very very very very best would never ever ever sell for over £1,000 let alone £4,000.

Perhaps Tony Diniz - who quite clearly doesn't know how to buy gemstones at the right prices - should speak with Steve Bennett. Last week, on RocksTV, they were selling 3ct stunning Tanzanite rings set in 18k gold and platinum (good gram weight also) for £500 and less. So how can Rocks and Co justify their ludicrous pricing?

The sooner they're taken off the air the better. I've never said that about a jewellery outlet before but their selling technique/patter is absolutely disgraceful.

Tony was rabitting on again, later, in their coloured diamonds hour, about he could have sold them at a far, far, far higher price to someone else. Now they were being sold below the price he would have to pay to buy the diamonds!!!!! C..o..m..e....o..n people, were we all found under a cabbage leaf?????

Latest posts

Back