Ceramic Watch Review & Help Needed!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

M

Meeshoo

Guest Shopper
They've arrived and now I have a different problem ........ I love them both!!!

I'm so surprised as they're a million miles out of my comfort zone! They are mahoosive - but exactly the same size! They weigh a ton so if you like light watches these definitely aren't for you!

So, I now need your help deciding which to keep. I can only keep one.

The one with the silver dials on the face:
- I like the style of this BUT when it's on, you really can't see the numbers on the small silver dials. It's impossible. I've got 20/20 vision and so I know it's not my eyesight! The lettering which is black just disappears into the silver. That's the only negative and not a deal breaker.

The one with the red hands:
- I love the red hands and all the dials are easy to see but I dislike the winder protector. I think it can be removed which would just leave the screws top and bottom which would be ok. Again, not a deal breaker though.

The straps are both very long (I think one is 8" and the other 7.5") and I'll need to get my hubby to adjust the one I keep by quite a significant amount but it looks easy enough.

One other question .......... I'm sure I'm being thick BUT if I try to get it so that the little date dial shows 19, it doesn't show Saturday - how on earth do I adjust all 3 dials so they're right? Surely I don't have to keep spinning the time round to change the date/day until goes right?

Attachments

• Ceramic Watches 1.jpg
    Ceramic Watches 1.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 214
  • Ceramic Watch 2.jpg
    Ceramic Watch 2.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 203
  • Ceramic Watch 3.jpg
    Ceramic Watch 3.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 203
  • Ceramic Watch 4.jpg
    Ceramic Watch 4.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 203
  • Ceramic Watch 5.jpg
    Ceramic Watch 5.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 199
Hi Meeshoo, I prefer the watch with the silver dials. It looks nicer, I think. I don't like the sticky out metal bit protecting the winder on the other one. I don't know why, as they are both the same size, but I think the one with the silver dials looks better on your wrist. It could be that the strap is slightly tapered whereas the other one has metal bits at the side.

Last edited:
Meeshoo I don't know if this would apply to your watch but I've got a fake Rolex and to change things such as the date I have to pull the winder out a certain amount then pull it out all the way to change the time. I'm not sure if that description makes much sense :giggle: I love the all white one.

Yes it does MOMAD - thank you. I've just phoned GemsTV CS cos it was driving me potty. Apparently to get the right day you have to keep adjusting the time but to get the date you pull out to the first notch but then twist towards yourself!!! Seeeemples when you know how lol! :grin:

Yes, they are both lovely. I prefer the inside of the one with the red hands and the outside of the one with the silver dials lol. However, if I had to choose I would go for the one with the silver dials on the face. I don't like the metalwork on the other one, or the screws on the piece around the face (sure it has a proper name, but I can't think of it) - bezel?? Yes the numbers etc on the one with the silver dials are far more attractive IMVHO.
Let us know what you decide please.

i have too agree wwith DB prefer the face of the one with the red hands but dont like the screws that are showing on the bezel keep them both then you wont have to choose

I like the silver one i with the numbers round the bezel as i'm not keen on the screws around the bezel of the one with the red hands x

Thank you all for your comments.

My preference would be to have the red dial face in the silver one's bracelet but since I'm definitely NOT keeping both, I think I'll go with the majority and opt for the silver one. Like Nessarose has said, it looks more classy I think and less "fashion" if that makes sense. I can see it'll be more wearable overall. I also prefer the way the strap tapers rather than the bulky look of the red dial's strap - well spotted Greenie! The other thing (and you'll see it in the picture below) is that the red dial one has a considerably thicker face depth wise and is slightly more uncomfortable.

SCW - yes, you can remove all the links if necessary. See the picture below. However, I have fairly narrow wrists (about 6.5") and these watches are very heavy so you might find that it'll stretch your arms to your feet! :giggle:

Attachments

• IMG_4410.jpg
    IMG_4410.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 154
Apologies, coming a bit late to this thread Meesh, :clock: but I shall go with the flow as I immediately preferred the silver dial watch, the strap is more 'dainty' and looks nicer on your wrist. Mind you I spent more time looking at your ring....
now that looks a 'beaut'. :nod:

Apologies, coming a bit late to this thread Meesh, :clock: but I shall go with the flow as I immediately preferred the silver dial watch, the strap is more 'dainty' and looks nicer on your wrist. Mind you I spent more time looking at your ring....
now that looks a 'beaut'. :nod:

Thank you Sacha. It's one of the rings I wear most. Platinum and diamonds. Here you go.......

Attachments

• Diamond Trilogy1_1_1.JPG
    Diamond Trilogy1_1_1.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 179
  • Diamond Trilogy3_1_1.jpg
    Diamond Trilogy3_1_1.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 189
  • Diamond Trilogy in sun.jpg
    Diamond Trilogy in sun.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 170
  • Diamond Trilogy 2.jpg
    Diamond Trilogy 2.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 213
SCW - yes, you can remove all the links if necessary. See the picture below. However, I have fairly narrow wrists (about 6.5") and these watches are very heavy so you might find that it'll stretch your arms to your feet! :giggle:

the weight will not be a problem i`m used to carrying heavy bags of shopping lol so my arms have got used to it and thanks for the pic

Lovely...thank you

Thank you Sacha. It's one of the rings I wear most. Platinum and diamonds. Here you go.......
Wow Meesh, that was a treat, loved the artistic shots....now where's my bit of bamboo? Fabulous setting for that trilogy, love the clarity of the diamonds......deffo not TV shopping methinks!

Again sorry for the delay, been watching 'Strictly'...:ninja:...that result was a bit of a travesty!

Noooooooooooo! An update!

I decided to wear the chosen one around the house this morning. OMG it's soooooo heavy - and it's the lighter of the two at 137g. Honestly it's SOOOOOOOO heavy. Ok, maybe I'd get used to it over time but it actually makes my wrist ache! Hubby (wise as ever) said he'd prefer not to have a wife with one arm stretched to her feet. Point taken. What a waste of my 10% voucher. :(

With great regret they're both going back. :( On the hunt for a smaller, lighter version now.............

Thats a shame Meeshoo i know what you mean about waisting the 10% voucher its a real bummer when you have to send the whole delivery back! hope you find a lighter one soon x

Latest posts

Back