Ubisurfer launched Wed 23rd Septemeber

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Simon Sims

Registered Shopper
Just wanted to say i see Ideal World will be selling the Ubisurfer Netbook on wednesday 23rd @10pm and midnight for £149.99 + p & p. Ubiserver website here: http://ubisurfer.com/

Well i have one and cannot recommend it enough!
It is a great little machine that you can take with you and surf on the move and it comes with free internet for the year - 30 hours a month!

Just remember it is not a powerful netbook, but it does let you surf via a grps vodaphone signal and has some basic features like paint, office software and it is linux based.

Also please remember to update your Ubisurfer when you get it as the company has released an patch update as a lot of people were having problems.

link here: http://www.ubisurfer.com/html/aug21patchinstructions.htm

If anyone has any questions or wants any help setting up etc, please feel free to pm me.

Simon

Thanks for the info Simon it looks a neat thing am going to watch the programme now when it airs thanks again for the heads up

I'm definitely interested in getting a Ubisurfer. Being a technophobe your offer of help is very reassuring. Thanks Simon.

These netbooks are only available from Ideal World and Maplins.

Bought mine from Maplins as i did not know Ideal World were selling it at the time of purchase.

I wonder whether they will be doing their easy pay thing on this item?

It's item number 155303 on IW and the first 2 months are unlimited usage which makes it even more appealing. Don't know whether they'll offer flexi pay but I think I'll still get one anyway.

It's item number 155303 on IW and the first 2 months are unlimited usage which makes it even more appealing. Don't know whether they'll offer flexi pay but I think I'll still get one anyway.

i would wait to see Wednesday evenings programme as i have a feeling as it is their launch of the Product they will do easy pay:hi:

Anyone purchase a Ubisurfer before it sold out?

Great value on esay pay.

Sold out within the first hour of it's premier on Ideal World too!

I had a feeling it would sell out so I placed my order before it was on air. Also went for a carry case.

I bought my case on Ebay for £6.95 delivered, it is black/red neoprene with a zipper!

You'll love the Ubisurfer - Bling It On
Do't forget to update your Ubisurfer when you get it.

Simon

I was looking at this on Maplins website - it was slagged off on the reviews page so decided against it, I'll be interested to read what I/W customers think of it when they've had a little play.

I was looking at this on Maplins website - it was slagged off on the reviews page so decided against it, I'll be interested to read what I/W customers think of it when they've had a little play.

The think with the Maplin's web page is you have to bear in mind the people who bought the machines had the original software on them. Since August 27t Datawind have released an update that resolves the problems mentioned.

IW customers will also have to upgrade the software when they get thier machines otherwise they will also have problems. My earlier post links to the page for downloading the patch and instructions on how to install them.

I love my machine and think it is so cool, but bear in mid it is basically a mobile device for viewing webpages etc. Although it s capable of other tasks it will not replace your laptop, netbook.

I contacted Datawind Customer Support regarding the issue of the patches and was told that any Ubisurfer made after 25th August would come with the patches already installed. They also confirmed to me that the ones Ideal World had for sale were made AFTER 25th August therefore the patches should already be installed on them. Still awaiting the delivery of my Ubisurfer which I'm looking forward to receiving. :)

When it buggers up let me know how you got on with datawind customer services :)
total insult

Datawind customer services are the pits. They do not answer phone calls or emails. They are totally hopeless. I had the old pocketsurfer which is now useless because they could not be bothered to answer any of my contacts even when threatened with Trading Standards.

Ubisurfers are probably ok until you need help and then you're left with a useless gadget on your hands. Avoid at all costs and buy a proper netbook.

Latest posts

Back