Tom's Woo Woo!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Klosblue

Costs nothing to be nice!
Just saw this being sold. Sarah Coutts was the presenter and she claimed the price was going so low that they'd need to hide and hope management wouldn't see it - oh yeah!! However as she stated several times (too many), Tom (producer) is a bit "woo woo" today so he's dropping the prices really low! :puke:

Well I have a wee suggestion for you Miss Coutts - I think you hiding is probably a good idea. Not from "the management" but from the poor sods who bought this awful looking, colourless, windowed piece of Paraiba which is doing an excellent job in impersonating a piece of glass! :wait2: Unless of course it's going to change colour in the post and then the buyers just might see a hint of those "swimming pool blues" you talked about!!

By the way, isn't it very strange how someone always seems to buy the last one at the last second? :33:

Oh she's just been saying that there's been a lot of multi buying today. People buying more than one of an item. Don't worry dear, that'll be Tony!! :grin:

Attachments

• Joke Paraiba 1.jpg
    Joke Paraiba 1.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 308
  • Joke Paraiba 2.jpg
    Joke Paraiba 2.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 283
KB I love your posts!!! You've made me laugh out loud with this one!

Another truly phenomenally bad piece of jewellery pretending to be something it quite clearly isn't! Let's hope Tony Dimwit has bought the stock. That'd save some poor sod from the horror of opening the box.

I was flicking between R&C and TJC last night ... R&C had a 5.5ct Tanzanite (cushion cut) & diamond pendant on ... ended up being about £2,999 I think. Anyway, I switched over & TJC were selling an IGI certified cushion cut Tanzanite and it was around £3,999. I was tempted to text in and suggest that rather than buying his own stock back from R&C, he could maybe pick up some real bargains from t'other side ...

Made me chuckle happily to myself for a few minutes last night anyway!

Am I right in thinking that the presenters on R&C have categorically stated in the past a price that Tony Dimwit (plagiarising Meeshoo here ... but Dimwit is too good not to reuse!) buys Tanzanite at? Just wondering, cos Sarah-Lou on TJC was saying last night that they aim to sell at around £300 per ct, sometimes less depending on quality etc. And this piece last night worked out at £220 per ct.

Sorry ... gone right off topic here.

That doesn't really resemble Paraiba does it?

Am I right in thinking that the presenters on R&C have categorically stated in the past a price that Tony Dimwit (plagiarising Meeshoo here ... but Dimwit is too good not to reuse!) buys Tanzanite at? Just wondering, cos Sarah-Lou on TJC was saying last night that they aim to sell at around £300 per ct, sometimes less depending on quality etc. And this piece last night worked out at £220 per ct.

Hi Marble. All of the jewellery channels say that "on the High Street" Tanzanite tends to be sold at around £1000 a carat. However, Rocks & Co presenters have actually said that Tony pays £1000 a carat or sometimes it's $1000 a carat because they can't make their mind up if it's pounds or dollars! I sat and listened to Kay Little stating categorically that Tony pays this ludicrous amount of money which would mean that they sell every Tanzanite piece at a loss!! Emmm I don't think so! If he's buying Tanzanite at the same price Joe Bloggs can buy it for (and probably more than Joe Bloggs pays), then he's an idiot! Why would any company spend time and money trying to sell something at a loss? If he's paying £1000/$1000 a carat just for the Tanzanite, then they have to pay for it to be designed, set and imported to the UK then he'd be out of a job in no time.

In my opinion, none of the other channels can touch TJC for Tanzanite, Diamonds etc. Actually, they can't compete with them for anything these days, even Silver which TJC excel in just now.

Thanks ...I was sure I had actually heard them say, or read it here, an amount per carat in the £/$1000 region that Tony was actually paying.

Ol Gemstone seems to have gone very quiet of late,I'm wondereing if he and Don Kogen are somewhat embarassed about the way this channel is being run at the moment?

Ol Gemstone seems to have gone very quiet of late,I'm wondereing if he and Don Kogen are somewhat embarassed about the way this channel is being run at the moment?

He was reading this very thread just 2 minutes ago.

Hi all,

Your comments made me laugh!

I bought PT about 4 years from the Gemstone Gav and Don Kogan.
I still have little booklet explaining the launch of PT.
I remember PT was sold with a colour chart graphic so that you could see where the PT colour was on the chart (deep green to purple blue colour) Low to high prices.
I purchased a few rings, swimming pool blue, teal blue, and neon blue.
I can't believe the tat that is presented a top grade PT. It's very pale and washed out.
I feel very sorry for anyone who purchases PT from R&C.

Sapphireblue

Thought a little bit of info might be in order ..........

You can buy top grade Tanzanite for £300-350 per carat. This includes loose and jewellery set. If you buy for more then basically you've been well and truly ripped off.

What makes me chuckle is that there's this urban myth that Mr Dimwit propagates that Tanzanite is £1,000 per carat! :headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:
No way Jose!

He was reading this very thread just 2 minutes ago.

And what a pity that absolutely NO notice is taken of feedback on here. We represent their customer base. In this day an age, the customer is ALWAYS right. If you fail to deliver what the customer wants then you'll fail long term.

Latest posts

Back