Poor Quality Chain

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

tvshopper

Registered Shopper
Today's delivery - an 18ct white gold chain - £85...with so many kinks in it I can't believe how any retailer could send out something of such poor manufacture -

http://image75.webshots.com/175/6/54/16/2543654160100286295kiVUBR_ph.jpg

This just shows half of the kinks - they go up the entire length of the chain. Best bit is near the other end where someone has obviously broken the chain and it's been rejoined GOING IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION :down:

Rang up as soon as I got it - how Quality missed this one I'll never know as the faults are immediately apparent.

Told CS how shocked I was that such a shabby item could be sent out...he said that he'd 'never heard of this' and when I took umbrage, he said "I'm not accusing you Madam" Damn right you're not!!!

Honestly, you'd have thought that someone had taken all the broken bits of chain and joined them up (very poorly!) just to create THIS chain...:sad:

tvs

Last edited:
Doesn't look good does it?
Have you had your money back? And a decent response as to how it got through QC?

I only ever got one chain from them and it went straight back, dull colour wasn't in it.

Today's delivery - an 18ct white gold chain - £85...with so many kinks in it I can't believe how any retailer could send out something of such poor manufacture -

http://image75.webshots.com/175/6/54/16/2543654160100286295kiVUBR_ph.jpg

This just shows half of the kinks - they go up the entire length of the chain. Best bit is near the other end where someone has obviously broken the chain and it's been rejoined GOING IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION :down:

Rang up as soon as I got it - how Quality missed this one I'll never know as the faults are immediately apparent.

Told CS how shocked I was that such a shabby item could be sent out...he said that he'd 'never heard of this' and when I took umbrage, he said "I'm not accusing you Madam" Damn right you're not!!!

Honestly, you'd have thought that someone had taken all the broken bits of chain and joined them up (very poorly!) just to create THIS chain...:sad:

tvs

Try this link for the image - that one above I added doesn't appear to be working now -

hi TVS i tried to look at the image - it keeps coming up as forbidden! lol A year ago, i bought a 9ct gold extender for a gold necklace i have. When it arrived, i was really shocked, it was so fine, not at all what i was expecting, or wanting, it was way too skinny for the gold chain that i wanted it for. Any way, i had an idea, had another necklace that it would work with very well, so went and got necklace, and went to attach extender, and the ring clasp of the extender broke! the spring pinged out - and it was useless - I didnt return it, i still have it! £4.85 worth of broken chain - i didnt sent it back, as it would cost over £4 with those special delivery bags. I also got a chunky 22" silver chain, the chain is substantial, but it is rather rough, when you pull your hand down it, it is not smooth, and it catches on fleece/woolly tops. Ups and downs and swings and roundabouts with some of their jewellery - xxx

Hi PG,I too bought one of those extenders,I was really disappointed with the weight and quality of it. I was returning the item anyway so sent it straight back.

The chain is appauling quality, I am sorry that CS treated you with contempt. You were right to complain and I hope that you get your refund swiftly. They bang on about high standards of their workmanship, so I feel that customers have a right to expect more.

I also have the feeble extender chain. I bought it for a fine trace chain but it is even thinner than the trace chain. I didn't wear it in the end as I was worried it would fail and I would lose a £300 necklace because of a £4.95 extender.

Inge x

Okay so I returned my chain and asked for a replacement - I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt that this was a one-off naff item - but it's now been a week since I returned it Special Delivery and I've not heard a damn thing!!!

They do have my email address, so you might have thought they'd acknowledge receipt, but I would have hoped that by this time a replacement was on it's way...

Been on hold to CS for 30 mins now....Oh hello! They've answered. He tells me it can take 30 days - when I express surprise at the length of time, he gets snippy with me and says "That is what it says in T&C but it may take quicker than this!" Yeah, right. Wish I'd never asked for a replacement now and just got me bleedin' money back.:headbang:

tvs

Last edited:
Did you get the name of Mr Snitty? He deserves a rocket up his backside by the sounds of it. Do keep us posted TVS, sorry you are having a rough ride with them,

Inge x

I've emailed them and asked for a refund instead of replacement - but no reply. Why do these people NEVER acknowledge ANYTHING????!

Now I'm going to have to ring Mr. Snippy again to make sure they received my email. Oh NEVER again will I buy from these people!

tvs

I'm not defending GemsTV BUT I know that their warehouse is behind at the mo (because I've been waiting for a refund). So if the warehouse is behind, it means that your returns parcel may not have been opened yet. All parcels are opened in date order. Then your returned item is inspected and a replacement sent out. At the moment this is probably taking 2 weeks. You'll know when they've received your parcel because the code on your order history turns to R for refund. If they haven't got to your parcel it still shows as shipped. Unfortunately they don't acknowledge returns by email or phone call (even if a replacement is needed).

It's a shame that the CS person didn't tell you a "realistic" time frame and stuck to the "30 day" refund policy. I don't think Gems (even at their worst) have taken 30 days for a refund.

Sorry that you're not happy but I'd get on the phone and ask to speak with one of the managers because they'll get you sorted quickly I'm sure.

Last edited:
The awful CS continues. No reply at all to my email via the site asking for a refund, so I called today to be informed that it's not showing as received and I need to give them the Tracking ID. I go off to find that.

After checking the Royal Mail website, which shows it as delivered on 28/9 and signed for, I call them back and get what is quite possibly the most "I can't be a*sed" Agent in the whole world.

First off - before I've even had a chance to say that I'm at RM website looking at the receipt - she tells me that Royal Mail's website is not working properly. I point out that I'm there now and can see the receipt. "Oh right...when does it say returned? 28th? When was that? I don't know what day it is.." I tell her that it's the 6th. "Oh it can take a week after delivery to refund you"...I point out that it's over a week. "Oh it can take longer than that...it'll be done this week".

She STILL hasn't asked me for ANY account details whatsoever, or the Tracking ID....so I decide to do her job for her and ask her if she needs my account details. "I can look at your account if you like," she drawls "but it doesn't show as returned here til it's refunded. So not much point really."

Cheers. Just like there is 'not much point' to ordering anything from your Company - EVER.

tvs

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back