Santa Rosa tourmaline.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

meerkat

Registered Shopper
Hi all

I haven't watched Rocks(or been here) for several months, until the last couple of days. Tonight I saw Santa Rosa green tourmaline...as someone with an interest, but no great knowledge of gems, I thought it a beautiful colour, and clarity.

Is it a genuine rarity, or am I just being fooled by its prettiness? I ask as most of the posts seem to be saying that many of the gems are badly cut, and of dubious quality etc....

The same question goes for the AAA Ceylon sapphire...is it worthy of the grading?

Thanks

Ange

Hi all

I haven't watched Rocks(or been here) for several months, until the last couple of days. Tonight I saw Santa Rosa green tourmaline...as someone with an interest, but no great knowledge of gems, I thought it a beautiful colour, and clarity.

Is it a genuine rarity, or am I just being fooled by its prettiness? I ask as most of the posts seem to be saying that many of the gems are badly cut, and of dubious quality etc....

The same question goes for the AAA Ceylon sapphire...is it worthy of the grading?
Thanks

Ange

Haven't seen the fancy named Santa Rosa Tourmaline but in all honesty, if it follows Rocks and Co's previous history it will be a highly treated gemstone, sold at an over-inflated price with us being told that it's "rare" and there were only 2 gems ever mined.

In terms of the "AAA" Ceylon Sapphire? I've only seen 2 being sold on air and so have based my assumptions on that (so am happy to proved wrong). The grading is in their imagination. Put it this way, to be a Ceylon Sapphire, it should come from Ceylon - if it doesn't then they have to say that the colour is "similar" to Ceylon Sapphires, which I don't think they do. I'm making an assumption that this material is also berylium treated - if so, would you grade such low grade material? No no no! Another case of trying to mislead the general public.

If you want to see a proper Sapphire, pop into the Drop and the Bling section!

As Genstone Gav logs into this forum everday maybe he will be able to tell us.

Thanks Meeshoo. I have no intention of buying, but the SR tourmaline was a beautiful colour, especially in the elongated pear cuts.

Not sure where the drop and bling sections are, but will have a look!

Thanks Meeshoo. I have no intention of buying, but the SR tourmaline was a beautiful colour, especially in the elongated pear cuts.

Not sure where the drop and bling sections are, but will have a look!
The Drop is only available to VIP memebers meerkat so you will not be able to access it.The bling section is in The Drop........it's well worth becoming a VIP member though,for a small donation you then have access to The Drop which is a huge forum in itself full of useful advice and loads of fun too :)

Thanks Sweetpea. Not sure I want to shell out for a forum I only visit once in a blue moon...maybe when the recession is over. :tongue2:

Latest posts

Back