I hope its my imagination

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

savage4x

Registered Shopper
Only joined the forum today and as anyone following R&C forums will know, i've had some frank and interesting conversations. I mentioned the many problems I had with TJC and nobody replied to that, fair enough, it was primarily about R&C.

So i started looking under TJC forum. I read through the first few threads and found that they were all positive. Surely i can't be the only person in the UK/Eire who had some problems. The odds might be better on winning the lotto

ive watched it a good bit and the presenters shreik, owl, and go epileptic as much as any of the presenters on R&C do, which is one of the regular criticisms of R&C. Why not TJC?

I also noted that that many of the forum links were directly advertising and giving info about TJC. It also seems to be one of the main sponsors of ShoppingTelly.com. Are these just coincidences?

I am not a conspiracy theorist (I beleive men really landed on the moon) but find the coincidence of nobody criticising them at all hard to fathom, given my very poor experience over a couple of weeks. and their amount of advertising a little hard to swallow.

As with previous posts this is not personnell. i genuinely can't beleive how positive they get written up

You might like some background:

Rocks and Co were prolific advertisers on this forum until a few months ago. TJC took over advertising after that! I can understand how it looks but you're reading too much into things. Why don't you PM Graham (the Site Owner). He can confirm all of this if you're concerned. As far as I'm aware, NOBODY who posts on this forum (or owns the Site) has anything to do with any of the channels or stands to gain by being complimentary or otherwise. This is purely a consumer forum where people speak as they find.

The forum crashed in 2008 I think and posts before that were unfortunately consigned to the big internet ether in the sky. If you did have access to them you'll have seen that in 2005/2006 there was a massive hoohaa with TJC. They've pulled their socks up since then though.

They've NEVER had excellent CS. When Kavita was the CS Manager (and that's going back to 2005/06), it was much better but has never really been good.

The reason you're seeing relatively good reviews on here is that actually they're much much better than they were AND their products are generally good quality. People tend to be happy if they receive good quality.

I hope that helps ............ btw are you sure it wasn't women who first walked on the Moon? :giggle:

We (me included) have had a few problems with TJC. I have posted about in on here under TJC section.

Welcome to the forum savage4x.

I've been reading your opening posts and you seem to have made an
interesting.gif
start here!
Nothing personal intended. mysmilie_1436

In a way I can see where you're coming from, you've built up a good relationship with R&C before committing to purchase from them and had a poor and disappointing experience with TJC's customer service and subsequently cancelled your order. Then you come across this shopper's forum where all experiences and comments seem to indicate the very opposite of what you have found!

Well......there have been good and bad reports on all the jewellery shopping channels over time and currently R&C are rather out of favour (after an encouraging start last year) and TJC are back in.....after being criticised to the max in previous times. Just go back to the second page of posts and you'll see some fairly recent unhappy experiences with TJC.

Btw if you find yourself being logged out after a short period of inactivity just click in the 'remember me' box next to where you enter your username and password.

Finally, we all really do hope that your new purchases from R&C are perfect and that your fiancee loves them.

Last edited:
thanks for all those responses, i will definately post when i receive the ring, pictures, certs etc included. my natural sceptiscism is still to the fore, we shall wait and see

Contented TJC customer

TJC may not be perfect but their jewellery is good value, especially the Iliana and Rhapsody ranges. Gold weight & diamond quality are way above R&C, valuations prove the point. I like TJC presenters, one or two are sometimes over enthusiastic with the selling pitch but nothing compared to R&C!

I find it easy to see why you might feel suspicious but this really is an open and honest forum. I joined primarily because many of the friends I have made on RocksTV are members and wasn't surprised to see some negativity about GemsTv, having had some fairly pants stuff from them in the past. I personally have never used TJC or Rocks and Co - Rocks and Co turns my stomach and TJC tends to have beautiful high end pieces which are beyond me. Nobody is afraid to post a negative on any area of this site, which is why I love it so. I find it deeply reassuring that everyone is positive about RocksTV as I buy a lot from them, but know this is not 'fixed' - it is genuinely how people feel.

I hope you enjoy your time here and that your jewellery is lovely when it arrives.

Nikki x

Only joined the forum today and as anyone following R&C forums will know, i've had some frank and interesting conversations. I mentioned the many problems I had with TJC and nobody replied to that, fair enough, it was primarily about R&C.

So i started looking under TJC forum. I read through the first few threads and found that they were all positive. Surely i can't be the only person in the UK/Eire who had some problems. The odds might be better on winning the lotto

ive watched it a good bit and the presenters shreik, owl, and go epileptic as much as any of the presenters on R&C do, which is one of the regular criticisms of R&C. Why not TJC?

I also noted that that many of the forum links were directly advertising and giving info about TJC. It also seems to be one of the main sponsors of ShoppingTelly.com. Are these just coincidences?

I am not a conspiracy theorist (I beleive men really landed on the moon) but find the coincidence of nobody criticising them at all hard to fathom, given my very poor experience over a couple of weeks. and their amount of advertising a little hard to swallow.

As with previous posts this is not personnell. i genuinely can't beleive how positive they get written up

In short yes it is your imagination.

Sponsors of ShoppingTelly.com include Rocks TV, Gems TV and The Jewellery Channel.

There is NO CENSORSHIP on this forum.

Over the past few weeks I have offered Rocks and Co the opportuinity of publishing press releases, it would appear from their silence that they have rejected this offer, that is their chioice.

Your appear to have the same opinion as Gavin Linsall of this forum:
"A large part of ShoppingTelly.com is the forum and in my opinion, it is dominated by several negatively disposed members whose abrasive nature actively discourages the participation of new posters and by default, a balanced forum."

I totally disagree with both yours and his opinions and think this is a 100% ballanced forum.

I think if you do a search of threads relating to TJC you will find both good and bad posts. The vast majority of posters, will post up good and bad experiences, praise where praise is due and critique where necessary also.

In short yes it is your imagination.

"A large part of ShoppingTelly.com is the forum and in my opinion, it is dominated by several negatively disposed members whose abrasive nature actively discourages the participation of new posters and by default, a balanced forum."

I totally disagree with both yours and his opinions and think this is a 100% ballanced forum.

Funny that isn't it?!!

If I was going to buy something from a company I'd never bought from before and found a forum with critical comments regarding that company but negative comments regarding another company which I had postive dealings with, I would join the forum and ask what peoples problems had been.

I'm confused by you attitude, why you felt the need to join and start posting with all guns blazing regarding the attitude and comments of existing members and indeed the loyalties of the forum itself. It is not the first impression that I would want to give anyone.

I hope the ring that you have ordered from R&C if everything you expected it to be and there are no problems.

What a crying shame that Gavin doesn't step up to the plate and sort out the criticisms instead of making snidey personal remarks that are obviously aimed at myself and Klosblue. :down: At least both she and I have the guts to say what we think in the open.

The negative press is Rocks & Co's own doing. Rocks & Co appear to only want good press. To get that it has to be EARNED. It's NOT a right. Look here and try to spot one happy customer who has actually received an item:

http://www.shoppingtelly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15994

Why are we abrasive? Because of the way Rocks and Co have treated us! This is a company who never apologies when its employees log on, trying to pretend they're customers and then attack forum posters. What on earth does that say about the company? Did YOU Gavin ever come on here to apologise? No. So I guess that this type of behaviour is fine by you? Do you honestly think it will shut up dissenters of Rocks & Co? No. It just makes things worse.

Why should we be complimentary when we haven't been given cause to? Why shouldn't we speak as we find? Rocks and Co have ignored all feedback right from the start. Customer care is dreadful, presenters (with the exception of John, Ruth and Lee) are absolutely phenomenally dire, internet buying is a joke and the amount of goods that are never delivered due to "quality control" is outstanding! The lack of accurate information - especially with high end gems - is omitted to the point of embarrassment and your so called "experts" spout RUBBISH. Need I go on? All of this feedback has been given and has been ignored.

Gavin you worked at GemsTV long enough to know that there was a loyal customer base who criticised but also gave positive feedback where it was due. Look at the RocksTV forum. The same thing is happening there. They have great customer service, products at the right prices and when they get things wrong, they apologise and put everything right. Then compare it to your forum. Enough said.

The lack of positive feedback for Rocks & Co is indicative of the lack of care and attention it gives to its customers. Whingeing is pathetic. Instead of saying that this forum isn't a true representation of Rocks & Co., turn the mirror on yourselves and learn from your mistakes. A bit of humility wouldn't go amiss!

From one "negatively disposed member with an abrasive nature" to another - Well done for a great post Meeshoo! :giggle:

Well said, Meeshoo.

I joined the forum purely because I enjoy watching all the jewellery channels and it's fun to chat about them and exchange views and experiences. I have no issue with R&C because I haven't bought anything from them - that's only because many of their products appear over-hyped and over-priced, not because of anything anyone's said on here. And I've praised TJC, simply because I've been v happy with their products and prices and even their CS (mostly). Believe me, Savage, if TJC do anything to p*** me off, I will be straight on here moaning about it!

I've only been on the forum for a few months but it appears plain to me that everyone is simply being honest and outspoken. If you prefer a bland diet, you've come to the wrong place!

I can only say that most of the posts on this forum bear out my own experiences. I have had both bad and good on all channels,perhaps not R&C,a lot of bad there,and TJC's CS is a bit iffy .
It's a bit of fun to bitch and I really feel it's done honestly with a lot of humour.I often lol and that always makes the day a bit brighter.

Just what I was thinking!
Gavin, instead of whingeing about the negative feedback, please look at it as a way of learning and improving. Nobody has a personal vendetta against you. I kept the faith much longer than most on this forum, but the number of non-deliveries I've had is getting to be ridiculous, even an apology would have softened the blow. I'm still waiting for an order placed on September 11th. I've not heard a word about it, no email, no phone call, just silence. Now maybe I'm classified as a negatively disposed member, but can you honestly blame me for being p***ed off? I'm sorry, but if you can't see anything wrong with treating a customer this way, quite frankly you don't deserve my custom.

I personally have liked the feedback on this forum, and although i don't post often, i have found people on here to be pretty genuine.
It is thanks to members such as Meeshoo that i got my fab diamond studs from TJC, and whilst yes their CS can be abit off sometimes, their items are good quality.
If rocks and co are getting bad comments at the mo, then i imagine it is because they are not keeping their customers happy, as they have previously had praise posted on this forum too.

Hi Savage4X

"thanks for all those responses, i will definitely post when I receive the ring, pictures, certs etc included. My natural scepticism is still to the fore, we shall wait and see"

I was wondering if your ring arrived and your initial impression?

Did you like the ring? Did you keep it?

We are all waiting for you to post some pictures!

Kind regards
Sapphireblue

Latest posts

Back