Is this normal?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

the-valleygirl

Registered Shopper
HI all,

I havent been buying from gemstv for a while, but just recently I have been tempted by a few items. All arrived really quickly, excellent and I was really pleased. Then Monday I placed an order and I expected it in the same time as the other few orders placed recently. So I was expecting it to arrive today. Nothing showed up, I checked on website, and it says order in progress, so it hasn't been shipped yet. Which means that I wont get it before the weekend, and I really needed it before then! But, I guess things happen....and it isnt the end of the world. But then, I remember what all the presenters say about our cards not being charged until item is ready to be dispatched. I was on the phone to my credit card company on another matter (thats a long story why!) but they said that the gemstv payment had gone through! and before today! I guess what I am wondering is, Is this normal? Has anyone else had this happen?

That's weird. I don't know if this helps:

1. I know that they have a backlog in their warehouse (hence my parcel going on the missing list for a while) so that might be why shipping has taken a bit longer.

2. Did your credit card say that the money was actually taken OR that an authorisation had been applied for? I believe but am not 100% sure, that when you place an order (especially online), the system does a check with your bank for an authorisation for that amount. The authorisation stays live for, I think, 5-7 days. If it's not claimed after that time, it deletes automatically but the authorisation means that the bank take it off your available balance. Does that make sense?

Hello, not wanting to come across as a know it all, i had a few problems several weeks ago, and had to contact my bank - I have an electron card. I was told by my bank, that authorisation on money taken by a card payment is held for 3 working/banking days; and if the money hasnt been claimed by the company by the end of the working day on the 3rd day, the money automatically returns to your card. Hope this helps, as i had similar problems, i had ordered via web, the order was meant to come 2 days after, and never did, money had been authorised on my card - but not claimed. So i had to wait 3 days, and re submit the order - it turned out ok - got the item in the end! xx

That's weird. I don't know if this helps:

1. I know that they have a backlog in their warehouse (hence my parcel going on the missing list for a while) so that might be why shipping has taken a bit longer.

2. Did your credit card say that the money was actually taken OR that an authorisation had been applied for? I believe but am not 100% sure, that when you place an order (especially online), the system does a check with your bank for an authorisation for that amount. The authorisation stays live for, I think, 5-7 days. If it's not claimed after that time, it deletes automatically but the authorisation means that the bank take it off your available balance. Does that make sense?

Thanks.......

They guy on the phone said it had gone through, but he might have meant that authorisation had been applied for.....who knows!

But just got in from work and logged in and it says order has been shipped, so will hopefully receive it tomorrow. Shame I couldnt have got it earlier in the week like I planned though! hey ho! thats life!

Latest posts

Back