A Room with a View!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Klosblue

Costs nothing to be nice!
Well, I had never seen so many windowed stones before Rocks & Co came along, but this has to take the biscuit! It's not a window - it's flipping Patio Doors!!

Note to any Rocks & Co employees, Directors or Affiliates who may read this -This is CONSTRUCTIVE criticism to show how poorly cut the majority of your gemstones are. Now, you can either accept the evidence which I have put before your eyes or you can chose to ignore this and continue to use the same gemcutters who are obviously not very good at their job or you can act on this and change your cutters/suppliers so that you can match the quality with the prices you charge for your jewellery.

Oh and it may be worth having a good look at others threads and other opinions here afterall you won't take heed of anything I say since I am so "negatively disposed"!!

Attachments

• Rocks Aquamarine 1.jpg
    Rocks Aquamarine 1.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 397
  • Rocks Aquamarine 2.jpg
    Rocks Aquamarine 2.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 360
  • Rocks Aquamarine 3.jpg
    Rocks Aquamarine 3.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 349
Good grief!! That is a shocking example!!:YIKES: Klos I have noticed that many presenters (and not just on Rocks & Co, but they are by far the worst culprits) try to flannel around these hideous windows by saying stuff like 'look how clear this stone is....you can see the gold/my finger
straight through it..... blah blah blah :rolleyes: We all know that clarity and glaring windows are two very different animals, but unfortunately I suspect that many viewers who don't know the difference are taken in by this patter and buy these horrible gems at vastly inflated prices. :pPC:

I have noticed that many presenters (and not just on Rocks & Co, but they are by far the worst culprits) try to flannel around these hideous windows by saying stuff like 'look how clear this stone is....you can see the gold/my finger
straight through it..... blah blah blah :rolleyes:

They don't honestly say that do they PPC.....do they? That's appalling, I'm genuinely shocked!
(I'm a relative gem newbie but even I'm not that stupid! lol)

Oh and it may be worth having a good look at others threads and other opinions here afterall you won't take heed of anything I say since I am so "negatively disposed"

....not to mention 'not real', eh Klos!!! Grrrrrrrrrr!!!

That is a shocker of an example, and as you guys say, that these kinds of stones are being sold as beautiful top quality examples is just disgraceful. After all, you wouldn't sell a plate with a ruddy great crack in it and say these things would you, or describe the crack as some kind of enhancing feature that makes the set super exclusive!!!!!

From one negatively disposed abrasive person to another I can honestly say that that is one of the worst examples I've seen! The stupid thing is, if the cutter had cut for beauty rather than size, that probably would have been a lovely, saturated 1.5-2ct gemstone instead of a 4ct polo. You could sell a beautiful 2ct Aqua for more than £149 - so where's the sense?

I feel really sorry for anybody who ends up with something like this. What a waste of money. Poor customers. Shame on the lapidarists.

Sue - spot on!

From one negatively disposed abrasive person to another I can honestly say that that is one of the worst examples I've seen! The stupid thing is, if the cutter had cut for beauty rather than size, that probably would have been a lovely, saturated 1.5-2ct gemstone instead of a 4ct polo. You could sell a beautiful 2ct Aqua for more than £149 - so where's the sense?

I feel really sorry for anybody who ends up with something like this. What a waste of money. Poor customers. Shame on the lapidarists.

Sue - spot on!

The thing is, there are lots of people out there who are not informed about what to look for when buying gem set jewellery. They see something that looks nice, and if they have the money they'll buy it.

I'd never heard of 'windows' until I joined this forum. I didn't know that it was a bad thing. I didn't know that the gold on a ring could be so thin and hollow until I bought a ring from R&C - pretty though it was.

You learn as you go along (needless to say I'm glad I've found this forum).

A

Last edited:
The thing is, there are lots of people out there who are not informed about what to look for when buying gem set jewellery. They see something that looks nice, and if they have the money they'll buy it.

I'd never heard of 'windows' until I joined this forum. I didn't know that it was a bad thing. I didn't know that the gold on a ring could be so thin and hollow until I bought a ring from R&C - pretty though it was.

You learn as you go along (needless to say I'm glad I've found this forum).

A

Totally agree and we've all been in that position at one time. Some of my early purchases make my toes curl now!!!

Same here Meesh. :eek: Now I'm fully aware of it I will sometimes accept a stone with a small window if the quality and design of the piece and of course price, appeals to me enough, but even when I was totally ignorant about it I would NEVER have bought the virtually transparent stones that R&C wax lyrical about. :rolleyes: It really annoys me that they can get away with it so blatantly when they are being so deliberately misleading about the quality of what they are selling. :mad: :pPC:

Couldn't have put it better Sue. I will occasionally accept a slightly windowed OR native cut stone IF everything else is making my heart race but I most definitely wouldn't spend good money on a piece like the one KB posted.

Same here Meesh. :eek: Now I'm fully aware of it I will sometimes accept a stone with a small window if the quality and design of the piece and of course price, appeals to me enough, but even when I was totally ignorant about it I would NEVER have bought the virtually transparent stones that R&C wax lyrical about. :rolleyes: It really annoys me that they can get away with it so blatantly when they are being so deliberately misleading about the quality of what they are selling. :mad: :pPC:

I'm the same Sue, My recent PT from Gems has a window, but i kept it purely because it was a great price, lovely colour and all round a lovely ring. The thing that galls me with Rocks&Co is that they still want to charge silly prices for gemstones with windows any double glazing company would be proud of:wonder2:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back