New website

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

J

JohnBennett

Guest Shopper
Hi everyone,

Just a quick note to let you know that we are just uploading our new website.

We've changed the site to make it much easier to 'browse' through what we do - you can easily 'filter' the jewellery that is displayed by colour, type, collection or price range.

We'll be adding more changes over the next few days.

I hope you like it! As always, if you have any questions please let me know. I'm leaving for India this afternoon, so it may be Tuesday evening before I am able to respond.

Kind regards

John Bennett

Looking forward to seeing the changes John, sounds exactly what I was hoping for!
Wishing you an enjoyable, productive & safe trip! :flower:

Hi John

I really like the new website - love the layout, colours, everything. HOWEVER - lol, there's always a but.... this one isn't only a little one, and it's just something that jumped out at me. The model with the short black hair (very pretty), however, she does have a VERY RED part of her left eye, and it just didn't look very appealing. I know that's a wierd thing to pick up on, but I just had to say something. Sorry.

I DO think that the whole website is so much more attractive now though, well done.

Oooh yuck, see what you mean Dingbat :Eeeew: surprised that wasn't airbrushed/photoshopped out......it has to go. :pPC:

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the comments. The frontpage will change every week in line with our weekly emails. But I'll see if we can do something about that image in the meantime!

John

Also, are we still lacking a search button? And it's only a little thing, but when you click on an item and then press the back arrow it takes you back the first page or the gemstone, not the page you were on.

Just little glitches...am now off to peruse the lady with the red eye, poor love!

Hi John

The model with the short black hair (very pretty), however, she does have a VERY RED part of her left eye, and it just didn't look very appealing. I know that's a wierd thing to pick up on, but I just had to say something. Sorry.

Lol Dingbat! I thought you were being picky when I read your post but.......Yeuchhhhhhh! You're so right! :grin:

The old search did two things - search by stock code and the to be able to search by a particular gemstone in a particular metal etc.

The new navigation of the site does that second function of the search from the main site - you could look for 9k yellow gold rings that have emerald, for example. And now you can further refine it, for example, by price range.

We're working on putting a stock code search back in, hopefully before the end of the week. But in the meantime if you go to www.colouredrocks.com/BS614 where BS614 is the stock code, that will take you directly to it.

It would be great if you could let me know if there is anything else that you used the old search for. In other words, will what I have outlined above be okay, or is there some other functionality we need to look at?

Kind regards

John

Hi John,

It's also quite handy to be able to look up the details of items which are no longer in stock. For example, if you buy a one-off ring or the last of a particular item, you might want to have a look at the on screen details and specification or be able to direct someone else to it. If it is out of stock, you curently get a "item not found" message.

With the old system you were able to insert an "a" before the "i" in the address bar at the top of the page and bring up the details of out of stock items that way. I'm not sure if this will still work now.

Hi Perdita ... if you use this link
http://www.colouredrocks.com/i-rv736
you should be able to change the item number in the address bar and bring up details of out of stock items.

John ... one little annoying thing for me is the page numbers are only at the top of the screen, so after looking through. for example, the first page of YG rings you have to scroll back up to the top again to be able to click onto the next page. It would be useful if they were at the bottom too.
Does that make any sense at all? I doubt it! lol

Hi everyone,

Perdita, I'm trying to make it so the colouredrocks.com/STOCKCODE/ link will always work, regardless of whether there is stock. If there is no stock, we'll just change the 'Add to basket' to a 'Sorry, Sold Out'. Hopefully be done later this week.

Fluff, you're absolutely right about the page numbers. We will add these to the bottom also.

Many thanks,

John

sorry i think its a great idea to update sites but when you cant find what your looking for it becomes extremely fustrating. i cant find any loose gems stones anymore. maybe i just a bit comp iliterate.

John, any chance of a keyword search feature? It is very useful being able to search by gemstone currently, but a keyword search would give more flexibility - for example you could search for "trilliant tanzanite 18k".

It would also be useful to be able to search all types of jewellery at once, without first having to select rings, pendants etc.

Keep up the good work - and I'm glad to see that the misspellings of "neckware" (sic) etc. on the old site are gone!

Now you can only have 20 items per page before you had the option of 40 (I think) so now it takes you longer to look through, also is there now no link back to rocstv? it used to display top left what was being auctioned and you could click on it to go direct to the site! or am i just being lazy?

Thanks for all these great comments.

Gemcherub, the ability to choose to view more pages is coming very soon. MissMagpie, there aren't plans at the moment for a plain text search, but we can look in to it.

We did initially have an 'All Jewellery' link, but this caused some performance issues because it was having to look at the entire product database every time you made a choice. We took this out while we could see how the site performed with lots of users on it. But I think in doing so, Mags3224 is right - there is no easy way to see loose gemstones. We'll get on to that one straight away! Sorry.

John

John ... would it be possible for you to work your magic so we could see a 3D image as well as the larger photo on the design details page? Very useful, especially for rings.

John, any chance of a keyword search feature? It is very useful being able to search by gemstone currently, but a keyword search would give more flexibility - for example you could search for "trilliant tanzanite 18k".

It would also be useful to be able to search all types of jewellery at once, without first having to select rings, pendants etc.

Keep up the good work - and I'm glad to see that the misspellings of "neckware" (sic) etc. on the old site are gone!

Me too!

I really like the new site. It looks brighter and has a more 'modern' feel to it. And thanks for taking all our suggestions and criticisms on board John.

John - I played around with the new website last night and couldn't get the search by colour to work. Hope that helps.

Completely agree with fluff about the page numbers being at the top of the pictures - really frustrating because you have to go down the page and then back up again to click for the next page.

p.s. any news on the login issues?

I love the new look website :clapping: but - the link to the Auction itself isn't very clear, it looks just like the other links and I had tolook carefully to find it - as it's a main part of the whole thing, a more prominent button would help a lot. Also, you can't see what's being auctioned while browsing the rest of the site now...This is very useful, because you might be browsing, then glance at Now Being Auctioned and see something you like. This has happened to me, so I'd recommend replacing it please! :1:

Latest posts

Back