Alexandrite loose stone now set

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

gemcherub

Registered Shopper
I had a Rhapsody Santa maria aquamarine ring from TJC that i have never worn so i bought a loose Alexandrite stone also from TJC and had the stone swapped over (after getting some advice as to whether this would work from our gem expert :grin:) i collected it today and i am one very happy bunny.
So now i have a 6.5 gram platinum ring with 1.33ct Alexandrite and 0.14cts of vs diamonds. (and a loose SM aqua :giggle:)
I have tried to take a photo of the colour change which we all know is impossible i tried in normal lighting and with a candle (nearly burnt my blooming hand :giggle:) the colour change in unlike any of my other which are purple this one is like a deep raspberry pink.

Attachments

• Platinum Alexandrite 003.jpg
    Platinum Alexandrite 003.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 290
  • Platinum Alexandrite 007.jpg
    Platinum Alexandrite 007.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 295
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 288
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 277
  • Platinum Alexandrite 017.jpg
    Platinum Alexandrite 017.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 275
That's lovely GC....pleased for you that you have got the perfect ring that you will wear:)

By 'eck that flame is a wee bit close innit??:whew2::grin:

Hi Gemcherub.
What a beautiful ring. I have never seen a stone like it I especially like the pinky colour, really really pretty. Enjoy wearing it and wear it in good health. xx

A nice bit of recycling GC! Many congrats and I'm glad it fitted!

Looks lovely. x

:wow: Cherub, it's gorgeous, and you can really see the colour change.

Hi
Your ring is lovely, bit of healthy envy, I hope you enjoy wearing it.

Sapphireblue
ps did anyone buy the ruby ring for £1.95 tonight!

Wow Gemcherub what a beauty! I don't have an Alexandrite but I'd have that one. The colour change looks fab.

I'm just having to wait until dear Meeshoo crocks it and leaves me her Avatar one in her will - along with a few coloured diamond rings, her new blue sapphire one, a rubellite, oh and that rich coloured kunzite she showed us, oh and .......................................................................................................................!!

I'm not greedy you know, I'm just giving them a good home :giggle:

ps Only kidding Meeshoo me old mate - I'll be gone long before you!

Wowie Gemcherub .... I adore Alex and that is one stunningly beautiful ring!! :clapping: :clapping:

If you tire of it and want to give it a very good home I know just the person ..... and it's not Klos. :wink2:

it looks divine and the colour change looks worth a candle burn!

Well done - am very envious!!!

n xxx

Great colour change.....

Wowie Gemcherub .... I adore Alex and that is one stunningly beautiful ring!! :clapping: :clapping:

If you tire of it and want to give it a very good home I know just the person ..... and it's not Klos. :wink2:
Yeah so do I..........moi....:blush:

Very nice indeedy Cherub, I don't know how to describe this new colour....bit of Rubellite, bit of deepest pink sapphire,
bit of amethyst...well you know what I mean! I can imagine it was a slightly apprehensive?? step to swap gemstones in a Platinum ring, t'would be for me anyway, so.. many congrats for taking the plunge....it all worked out beautifully.

Now, whatcha gonna do with the SMAqua........before our Klos gets ideas about it?......:smirk:

Hey you! I asked first and Gemcherub thinks I'm nicer than you anyway :giggle:

Now, whatcha gonna do with the SMAqua........before our Klos gets ideas about it?......:smirk:

Awww shame on you Sacha! I was going to ask Gemcherub to give the SM Aquamarine to you! Oh well she'll just have to give it to me now instead :Happy1:

I would dispute both of those points Klos :giggle:

........ and besides :sad: I lost my Rocks Alex ring last week :sad: so I think I am much more deserving.

Yeah so do I..........moi....:blush:

Awww shame on you Sacha! I was going to ask Gemcherub to give the SM Aquamarine to you! Oh well she'll just have to give it to me now instead :Happy1:

........ and besides :sad: I lost my Rocks Alex ring last week :sad: so I think I am much more deserving.

I turn my back for 5 minutes! :28: kids :giggle: lets all share :60:

That's a beautiful classy ring Gemcherub and the colour change is fab, lucky lady. :flower: :pPC:

Oh no! How did you manage to lose it? You didn't have a wee visit from Argeylurgy did you?!!

Well, in that case, being the lovely person that I am, I will gallantly step aside and you can have it. Not sure Germcherub will agree but hey, the thought was there :wink2:

Latest posts

Back