Karl From CS is a God!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

donna255

ShoppingTelly Supporter
My first order in a long time and of course turned into a nightmare.

Two lovely little rings and the £5 discount made me jump.

All well until I try to checkout, then hit verify your card bit. Yes I had done it long ago and had no idea of my password etc. Tried what I thought was right, came up error told me to try again so went back to checkout page and redid same thing. Phoned Gems and spoke to CS who put the order through for me and said to contact my bank.

Then the nightmare begins. Trying to get through, but did nice man reset my visa verify password so I could get in and redo my own password. I spot that the first two attempts online did go through so three payments being taken!!!!
I was told to contact Gems, which I did to speak to the wonderful Karl. He informed me that the bank should have given me the codes and their fax number, that way he could send it off to them straight away and get my money back. So off once more to Santander or Alliance and Leicester. Took forever to get to speak to a real human and get the details required.

Back to Karl who had a template all ready to send to A&L, filled in details and faxed off straight away. So instead of having to wait a min of ten working days for the charges to drop off by debit card should have the money back in five at the very very latest.

Thank you Karl!:bow:

Hi Donna255..

There is a way around this verisign malarky....If you know your planning to buy........ make your order by phone then keep adding to it via the web...this prevents your card being charged due to the verisign on the web taking your money off your card account available balance immediately.

This is a pain I know but just start an order with anything, as you can always delete it later on and your card wont be charged then till they ship out your order.

Gems need to look into this verisign taking the money, as other sites dont... and that contradicts their phrase of "Your card will not be charged till we ship your order to you"!!

hope all this makes sense!

love,
Mirabelle xx

Thank you Mirabelle.

I did whine that the last time I was asked to verify anything was like 10 months ago. But is seems more and more online retailers are joining up to the scheme and it will soon be wide spread. The bank told me this one.

But you live and learn, hey I did

My first order in a long time and of course turned into a nightmare.

Two lovely little rings and the £5 discount made me jump.

All well until I try to checkout, then hit verify your card bit. Yes I had done it long ago and had no idea of my password etc. Tried what I thought was right, came up error told me to try again so went back to checkout page and redid same thing. Phoned Gems and spoke to CS who put the order through for me and said to contact my bank.

Then the nightmare begins. Trying to get through, but did nice man reset my visa verify password so I could get in and redo my own password. I spot that the first two attempts online did go through so three payments being taken!!!!
I was told to contact Gems, which I did to speak to the wonderful Karl. He informed me that the bank should have given me the codes and their fax number, that way he could send it off to them straight away and get my money back. So off once more to Santander or Alliance and Leicester. Took forever to get to speak to a real human and get the details required.

Back to Karl who had a template all ready to send to A&L, filled in details and faxed off straight away. So instead of having to wait a min of ten working days for the charges to drop off by debit card should have the money back in five at the very very latest.

Thank you Karl!:bow:

Abbey with Santander are as much of a nightmare too! in as much as the bloke i was talking to got fed up with me keeping asking him to repeat himself, he threw the phone down on me! (and i was only ringing as i had ordered an item from gemstv via the web, and had to use that verify thing, it too took my money immediately - and this caused a major mess up with my delivery) that was using electron, but i had absolutely no problems when i used a solo card! xxx

Sainsburys and other companies get over this by verifying your card for 1p. This verifies the card as genuine whilst only authorising a 1p payment thus causing no hassle for the cardholder when forward ordering. I told Gems about this months ago but apart from acknowledgement no further action has been taken.

Very much like the Scott and the possible Q and A section here. No answer was the stern reply! I wasn't expecting a response in a hurry - I know such things may require legal advice, etc. but two months with not a single word is stretching it, if not downright rude.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

argeybargey, gems used to take 1p from your account. I remember the first order I did way back it was explained to me they did this. But I think this new thing is the banks wanting it to stop fraud. Which is good, but not if you cannot ****** remember your details its been so long since an etailer asked for them.

Infact Karl told me the banks could refund people normally within a few days but insist on hanging on to the money for 10 working days at the least. That was why he was faxing them and said the money could be in my account again in 24 hours if A&L did they job.

Whilst Banks very often are the scoundrels, they're also very easy to blame - just like computers. xxxxxx

Eek - Donna - looks like you have a Doppelganger
8.gif
xxxxxx

Latest posts

Back