Happy delivery

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Emza

Registered Shopper
Hi all

I mentioned before the canary aquamarine ring and multi gem bracelet I'd been unable to resist, and they've arrived.

I'm very pleased with both - I can't believe the ring was only £14.95 - the yellow beryl looks just lovely. It really glows. The silver band is pretty substantial as well, and solid rather than hollowed out like some you see.

The bracelet is fabulous. I can't stop looking at it. The only niggle I have is that some stones are bigger than others, or at least set higher than others. But it's hardly noticeable when the bracelet is on, and you can really only see it from the side in any case. I wish I knew for sure what all the stones are. I think Derek said that the dark pink-red stones at one end were rubellite, but I think they must be rhodolite.

I'm starting an evening class in jewellery at the School of Jewellery in Birmingham tonight. Maybe one day my expensive hobby will enrich me, or at least be cheaper for me than it is now!

Love to all, Emma

Attachments

• bracelet1.JPG
    bracelet1.JPG
    21.5 KB · Views: 201
  • bracelet5.JPG
    bracelet5.JPG
    20.3 KB · Views: 229
  • bracelet6.JPG
    bracelet6.JPG
    27.5 KB · Views: 225
  • ring1.JPG
    ring1.JPG
    31.2 KB · Views: 214
  • ring4.JPG
    ring4.JPG
    11.9 KB · Views: 210
Wow Emza.....they are gorgeous!!

Fab photos really show off all the colours and as you say the yellow.....erm.....canary aquamarine really glows.

Well done you......enjoy :)

What a very pretty bracelet and ring Emza. I had to do a double-take on what you'd paid for the Beryl - wow, what a great price. Both pieces look great on you.

Good luck tonight starting your new course and please let us know how you get on. You're going to save heaps of money once you start making your own jewellery!

Love that bracelet Emma, can I ask what the length is please?? I was so disappointed I had to send back the silver/plat multi sapphire as it was too long. Will look out for your one if it's shorter. :pPC:

Hi Emza I love both your ring and your bracelet. Like PPC I'd be really interested in knowing the length too as I have skinny wrists and anything bigger than 7.5 inches just falls over my hand! I'm glad you love them - well done you! Oh and good luck with your course.

i love bracelets with stones all the same size like tennis bracelets - when you get the odd stone that niggles, it never goes away whenever you wear it. that said, if you're expressive with your hands like me, nobody will notice as the items whirls around in a flash of colour lol!

two nice pieces there. enjoy in good health.

Hi Emza, must say what excellent photos you take! The beryl is such a good colour and so sparkly..have never heard it called canary aquamarine before. Your bracelet is beautiful too with a lovely colour arrangement. Good luck with your course..wish i was in Birmingham for that! Will you let us know how you get on?

Thank you for the pics, Emza - I've just ordered that bracelet too, it came on again today and I couldn't resist any longer! I'm pretty sure the pinky-red stones are rhodolite garnet, not rubelite. The beryl looks lovely too.

Ooh, please tell us all about the jewellery course! How exciting!

Thank you all. I'm still wearing it and loving it. The length is 7 3/4", nearly 8", so fairly big. It drapes nicely on my wrist (but I'm not dainty by any means!)

The jewellery course will be very good, I think. The chap teaching it is a regalia jeweller, so makes MBEs and OBEs and mayoral chains and that kind of thing. Last night was mostly introduction to tools, workshop safety, etc., but he did show us how to do saw piercing, and I had a go on a piece of copper. I only broke two blades trying to turn corners <ahem>! One of the girls had been on his summer course, and showed off a bracelet she had made, and he demonstrated the technique. I was staggered - it was one of those very ornate looking chains they would describe as 'byzantine' on QVC (and charge an arm and a leg for) - and it's made of jump rings all of the same size. I had no idea.

(I can't do it though! I had a go tonight and couldn't remember how he moved from the initial set of linkages to the weavy stage. I'll ask him next week.)

What I *really* want to do is learn how to set stones. Of course. :grin: I am thinking that may take a loooong time to get to, and much longer to get good at.

Emma
who failed her driving test today

wow emma, your course sounds so interesting..if rather challenging! My mum did lots of courses and ended up a goldsmith but I am not sure I could do it justice myself. Thanks for writing about your course, it really is interesting to read about and i wish you all the best with it..especially when you get to the stone setting stage!
PS, sorry about the driving test..fingers crossed for you for next time! xx

The jewellery course will be very good, I think. The chap teaching it is a regalia jeweller, so makes MBEs and OBEs and mayoral chains and that kind of thing.

What I *really* want to do is learn how to set stones. Of course. :grin: I am thinking that may take a loooong time to get to, and much longer to get good at.

Mayoral chains? He doesn't work for Rocks & Co, does he? :grin:

Thank you for telling us about it - please keep us updated. I'm eager to know about the stone-setting too.

PS Commiserations on the driving test!

Latest posts

Back