Eureka c*ap

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

cheesecake

Registered Shopper
Just been watching the Eureka hour for the second time in 2 or 3 days and what a load of rubbish!!! I swear, not a single demonstration seemed to work and I was just baffled it got to air.
Apart from the completely naff names for everything, nothing seriously seemed to work and I was just sat agape at the screen.
And as for using a Bissell machine to demo the carpet cleaner on, tut tut naughty naughty, Bissells literature says never to use other cleaning fluids as they can damage your machine!!! Tut Tut.

Load of old carp seriously.

Just been watching the Eureka hour for the second time in 2 or 3 days and what a load of rubbish!!! I swear, not a single demonstration seemed to work and I was just baffled it got to air.
Apart from the completely naff names for everything, nothing seriously seemed to work and I was just sat agape at the screen.
And as for using a Bissell machine to demo the carpet cleaner on, tut tut naughty naughty, Bissells literature says never to use other cleaning fluids as they can damage your machine!!! Tut Tut.

Load of old carp seriously.

Oh f...k! I've just ordered a load of that! I thought the stuff looked quite good, though I was a bit sceptical about the "gum"...looked more like a melted slice of proccessed cheese, which obviously isn't going to be that much of a problem to remove. Thought I might try the range as I'm sick of spending money on stuff that doesn't work....eg, Cillit bang, Oxyclean, vanish, astonish etc. The only thing I've ever sworn by was EGR one of Yes 661's offerings...it was a fabulous product, but you can't get it anymore, no wet wonderfoam seems to be the only product from that range that survived, and that was pretty useless too. I shall try the stuff as soon as I get it, and if I'm not blown away by the results I shall be sending it straight back and will be demanding that my p&p costs are covered too!

I had to LOL at your post, I too thought the 'gum' was cheese hehe.
I hope I haven't upset you but I would rather you had a heads up and tested straight away when it arrives. Maybe I was just wrong, I hope it works for you anyway.

Cillit Bang done sod all for me too, best degreaser for the kitchen I found is a cheapy supermarket own cleaner with grapefruit in.

The thing with this tv demonstrations is that they're using them on "fresh stains", and everybody pretty much knows that if you tackle a stain immediately you'll pretty much get rid of it, even with plain water. What most of the people buying these products are hoping, I think is that this "miracle product" is going to get their stainless steel hob looking fab, after years of looking dull or that stain on the carpet/upholstery that's been there for years is going to zapped into oblivion, and never seen again, and in my experience this rarely happens. I usually buy my cleaning products from the high street, and whilst they're relatively inexpensive, the cost does add up, if they're blinking useless and you have to try something else, which is equally useless and so on!
Like I say, I'm not going to waste any time putting these products through their paces, and if they don't make a significant difference to my cleaning, they're going straight back the next day!......but I hope they work...fingers crossed!

I wholly agree. I remember buying some Bosun carpet cleaner from QVC many a year back after watching the demos and it did absolutely nothing to the carpet, plain water and washy up liquid did more, we were so heartbroken, this is back in the days before we got wise :p

Well, so far...so bad! I ordered the special 4 pack at £19.99, which has yet to arrive, but stupidly ordered the all purpose stain remover for a whopping £14.99 which is supposed to remove stains from every surface imaginable...well if you can stand the smell to start with, then you're a better person than me! It REEKS! It's like mega concentrated acetone, and it's unbearable, I could even smell it halfway down the hallway, and I'd been using it in the kitchen! As for cleaning results, well it improved the state of my cooker top, but not by any means amazingly so, and for that price for a single bottle, then I do expect miracles...so yes, that one's going back forthwith. Will keep you posted with regards to the other stuff, but if the smell's anywhere as bad as this I can't see myself using it..Can only hope, I guess!

The other stuff has just arrived, and I've just tried the glass/window cleaner....WOW! I am impressed with a capital P! It's fantastic, will let you know about the other stuff. Now it's arrived, I can pop off the post office to return the useless "remove the stains from society"..but if the other stuff in the set's as good as the glass cleaner, then it's money well spent!

Latest posts

Back