Proof that clearance prices are anything but!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Huggles

Registered Shopper
http://www.gemstv.co.uk/shop-detail.jsp?product=ULR1823&category=clearance&colourScheme=9

Come on Gems TV...explain this one, whydon'tcha? It's in the clearance section which boasts 60% off regular prices.... my foot :taphead:

I really like this ring and remember it going for less than £50 in TV games. They really do take us customers as fools and now I have proof! I wonder if they'll change it once they spot this thread or have the guts to reply to my query.

That's ridiculous! They do that all the time though - there should be a law against it. You should watch TJC instead Huggles, they have GENUINE clearances, in fact they have one on today and there have been some great buys. Unlike Gems and Rocks & Co, they don't try to con the viewers and spout rubbish all day!

Ahaaaa...they've changed it!!!!! Before it was £55.77 now £77.47. That was why I thought I'd found proof. Now it is priced at £77.47 and the previous price has been removed. It'd be nice if they could get a spokes person to post on this thread explaining why this is a clearance price...I think I'll have a long wait.

Obviously they've read your post Huggles and realised they've been caught out! They really do think the public are stupid don't they!

Well done you I hope this acts as a warning to potential buyers to stay well clear of this bunch of con artists!

i posted something a long the same lines, i bought a ring for £45 back in july, and in the clearance section on their website its going for £68.00!!! beggars belief really! lol

Talk about deceptive advertising...do you think the ASA should be contacted? I mean they may want to clear this stuff, in which case they aren't deceptive, but to say 'Save up to to 60% on clearance jewellery' when they've clearly increased prices is a bit much.

Talk about deceptive advertising...do you think the ASA should be contacted? I mean they may want to clear this stuff, in which case they aren't deceptive, but to say 'Save up to to 60% on clearance jewellery' when they've clearly increased prices is a bit much.

Huggles if I was you I'd certainly try the ASA. It's very easy to make a complaint as you can complete a form on their website. It costs nothing and would be worthwhile to see if they can help. It's wrong to try to deceive in this way and for them to go and change the ring you posted about, it's obvious that they read this and know they are in the wrong. Go for it!

Unfortunately, I didn't get a screen shot but it was so ridiculous I'm sure Gems TV would explain it away as human error...somebody inputing the wrong data. The galling thing is most of the jewellery is at prices Gems TV have decided as 'clearance'...they can sell it for whatever price they like...but I do object to the 'save up to 60%' promotion as it implies these items have sold for much higher prices...now that is deception.

Latest posts

Back