Extraordinarily Annoyed

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

tvshopper

Registered Shopper
Many of you saw the deplorable state my chain from Gemstv arrived in with kinks going the length of the chain and, at one point, going in the REVERSE direction. Here's the reminder pic -

After equally deplorable contact with CS regarding a refund, one was finally received on Friday last...with NO refund of my P&P.

Charming David just told me this is because Quality inspected it and found NO FAULTS. :mad: Nice to learn that Gems is doing their bit by employing those with visual challenges in the QA department.

Now I have to email over my picture to PROVE my case. Bravo Gems! You take the Award for Worst Customer Service by Any Channel Ever.:clapping:

tvs

Duh - well the kinks in the chain could very well have been caused by the way it was packaged, which presumably would have been AFTER it was inspected.

That's deplorable CS. Yes, sure there are probably a minory of customers out there who extract the Michael by "inventing" faults in order to get their p&p refunded, but most people in the world are honest and surely Gems should have worked out by now that it is better for business to treat people as repected customers rather than crooks?!

Buy your replacement chain from Rocks TV...

That's shocking! I'm so glad you took a photo to prove it's their shoddy merchandise. Imagine some new buyer who wouldn't even think to take photographic evidence!

What a sad state of affairs when a company has to lie to save refunding a few £'s postage!!

Duh - well the kinks in the chain could very well have been caused by the way it was packaged, which presumably would have been AFTER it was inspected.

That's deplorable CS. Yes, sure there are probably a minory of customers out there who extract the Michael by "inventing" faults in order to get their p&p refunded, but most people in the world are honest and surely Gems should have worked out by now that it is better for business to treat people as repected customers rather than crooks?!

Buy your replacement chain from Rocks TV...

They are saying here that they've inspected my RETURNED chain and found no faults. :angry:

Odd you mention rocks.tv cos I did buy myself a cheap chain from them and they couldn't have been better.

But this chain I ordered from Gemstv was 18ct costing £85 - it was to have been part of a present for my Mum. I bought her an 18ct Intial pendant and this was the chain for that. When they told me it was going to be up to30 days to get my replacement (I had opted for a replace first) my concern was that it would be too late, so I emailed them to refund.

I just now wish I'd never bought anything from them...I wish I'd gone somewhere else...ANYWHERE else...

tvs

hello tvshopper - really sorry to hear about your awful ordeal with a chain, that you can see, is obviously not up to scratch. I wont buy a chain from gems anymore, i bought an extender, which was so thin, it wasnt up for the job! and whats more, when i went to open the bolt mechanism, to see if i could attach it to a necklace, the said bolt, just exploded, and a tiny little spring emerged - totally useless! I thought the extender would be reasonably thick, not so thin and scrawny, that it cheapened the look of trying to make your necklace longer. Also bought a silver chain, linked, quite long, it would be nice, except, i cannot wear it with a jumper, or a t shirt material type top, because the chain is so rough, it catches on things, even catches on my hair - its like having a chain of sandpaper about your neck, not a smooth necklace - i didnt send it back, as i didnt send the extender back, because of the hassle of returns; and like i have said in a few posts before, i dont know what is happening with gems, but certainly the standard in some of their jewellery is slipping - i have had a few disappointments in the past, and it does put you off buying again. i do hope it all gets sorted £85 is a lot of money, and i always thought that the customer is right. xxxxxx

Are you sure they didn't think it was suppose to be a kinky chain? Their latest selling idea The Kinky Chain.

I would contact them again and tell them you have photographs to prove there was a major fault in the chain.

I got a reply this morning - they've now decided, based on my photo, that the chain did indeed have faults.

How fortunate then, that I took photos. BE WARNED. TAKE PHOTOS OF YOUR FAULTY ITEM BEFORE YOU RETURN IT.

Otherwise, if the sight challenged folk in Quality decide that there are NO faults - despite what you may say - you won't be getting a refund.

How awful to assume that all your Customers are out to scam you...but then again, the customer's you have, are the customers you deserve.

Good luck with them.

tvs

I got a reply this morning - they've now decided, based on my photo, that the chain did indeed have faults.

How fortunate then, that I took photos. BE WARNED. TAKE PHOTOS OF YOUR FAULTY ITEM BEFORE YOU RETURN IT.

Otherwise, if the sight challenged folk in Quality decide that there are NO faults - despite what you may say - you won't be getting a refund.

How awful to assume that all your Customers are out to scam you...but then again, the customer's you have, are the customers you deserve.

Good luck with them.

tvs

Steady on TVS. I was totally sympathetic until that point. It's one thing to have a go at a channel, but not its customers of which I am one.

Come on TVShopper, apologise to Argeybargey please. I don't know Argey personally but as with a huge majority on here is very honest, and a great poster!! xxxxxxx

Hi Maz,

It's sweet of you to worry about it, but don't fret. I suspect it was probably just an ill-considered remark thrown out in frustration.

Argey xxxxx

Hi Maz,

It's sweet of you to worry about it, but don't fret. I suspect it was probably just an ill-considered remark thrown out in frustration.

Argey xxxxx

hi - sometimes when i am on a rant, i type quick, and my fingers cant keep up! lol - but afterwards, when i read it back (usually after i have had a coffee or three!) i think, PG what where you on! lol. And sometimes I say things, and afterwards i think - "WHY did you say that??".

I do rant, its not meant to be taken personally, but i think i have gotten to that age, where i could join the grumpy old gits on the tv! I find myself shouting at the telly quite a lot! I dont think TVS meant it quite the way it comes across - i can understand it was a frustrated remark borne out of exasperation - and havent we all wanted to kick ourselves at some point over a purchase made with gems? I have regularly in the last 7 months! lol xxxxx :grin:

Steady on TVS. I was totally sympathetic until that point. It's one thing to have a go at a channel, but not its customers of which I am one.

What I meant here is that if you treat all your customer as if they are somehow con-artists trying to fleece you out of £6.95, then the only customers you'll have left are the ones who are equally contemptous of your channel and who, i've no doubt, will continue to buy - but will no longer give you the luxury of understanding when you sometimes get things wrong. They'll see their suspicions justified. Perhaps this has already started - it certainly would explain why their CS staff are so aggressive. They can't seem to see the good in anyone.

This was the FIRST time I had ever returned an item after all these years - was I treated respectfully? Did anyone think "Hang on, this lady has been shopping with us since we first started and this is the first time she's returned something, so it's odd to think that Quality sees nothing wrong with this return, when this long-time customer is insisting something IS" :taphead:

No they didn't. They treated me as if I was a fraudster: I was given NO benefit of the doubt - I had to PROVE my claim. :12: And if I hadn't taken those pictures, I wouldn't be getting my money back. Simple as that. And I ask the question: would YOU buy from a Company like that?:28:

tvs

Latest posts

Back