Which one would you have?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Klosblue

Costs nothing to be nice!
I thought Tony Diniz was bad but his wee bro is even worse today!! Head in hands etc. he stated he doesn't know anywhere in the world where you could replace this Tanzanite!

So, have a wee look at these rings and the Tanzanite/Diamonds/Gold weights and the prices etc and tell me which one you'd have:-

1. First pics are of this - Rocks & Co - Final price £1427
http://www.rocksandco.com/index.php?task=jewelleryItemDisplay&action=display&sku=909 658

2. Second pics are of this - TJC - Final Price £1399
https://www.thejewellerychannel.tv/popups/viewdetail.aspx?StockCode=627625

It's a no brainer imho. By the way Mr Diniz, you don't know where to find Tanzanite to replace this? Well follow these easy instructions - pick up tv remote control and turn to channel 650. There you will not only replace it but better it by far!!

Attachments

• Rocks Tanzanite 1 pic.jpg
    Rocks Tanzanite 1 pic.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 285
  • Rocks Tanzanite 3 pic.jpg
    Rocks Tanzanite 3 pic.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 284
  • Rocks Tanzanite 4 pic.jpg
    Rocks Tanzanite 4 pic.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 285
  • TJC Tanzanite 1 pic.jpg
    TJC Tanzanite 1 pic.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 290
  • TJC Tanzanite 4 pic.jpg
    TJC Tanzanite 4 pic.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 293
T for Text.......

Hiya Klos, I saw that Octagon cut Tanzy ring on air and it was a beautiful colour blue. TD was at pains
to say this hour's collection came from a 12 year old private collection in India that he had persuaded
the owner to part with!

Also from the Sky EPG I can see that tonight at 8pm TD has a 'Text and Talk' hour............got your mobile handy poppet?? :tongue2:

It was a very rich colour but when you compare carat weight and particularly gold weight then TJC hammer them into the ground! Of course maybe Rocks & Co charge a premium price for the double glazing? I think it's sacrilege to put a stone that size and of supposed world class quality (!!) into less than 3g of gold (2.91 to be exact). It's difficult to compare as they are totally different cuts but it was just that I was watching the TJC one and flicked over for a nosey at Rocks and there it was - both on at exactly the same time. Mind you, TJC sold another 6 while Rocks were trying to sell that one! Oh well never mind, Jerilee said there were 2 buyers on the phone when the clock ran out - once again at the very last second - surprise, surprise!

Oh Sacha you shouldn't have told me about the "Text and Talk" hour - mind you they've probably got my number barred! Maybe I'll text and ask "one of the world's best gem cutters" why a large majority of their stones are windowed. Mind you, they won't address that question on here so I can't see them answering on TV can you?

Hi Klosblue and Sacha,

I saw the same rings on TJC and switched over to R&C to see what they were up to.
I did chuckle at his comments and thought just switch channel! It' so simple!

During his session with VB. TD was cracking his knuckles at the low prices being offered! VB was a bit concerned about the noise he was making!

Sapphireblue

Oh Sacha you shouldn't have told me about the "Text and Talk" hour - mind you they've probably got my number barred! Maybe I'll text and ask "one of the world's best gem cutters" why a large majority of their stones are windowed. Mind you, they won't address that question on here so I can't see them answering on TV can you?

Its a very good and relevant question though Klos and it would be interesting to see if they duck it!

Are you sure he didn't mean that? :tongue2:
Sorry, I couldn't resist the edit!

Cheeky! mysmilie_1436

Actually I did think when I typed the post that it could sound a bit ambiguous. :mysmilie_738.gif:

Maybe just ask innocently if it's a good thing to see straight thru the stone, then see what b*s* they come out with in reply?

:cheeky:

Here's another TJC ring. On air this Tanzanite was less blue, more purpley blue and a gorgeous tone and saturation.

Once again, it beats the Rocks and Co price hands down. Rocks and Co's pricing is consistently double what you pay elsewhere. If they carry on like this, they'll have a quick demise. People will wise up.

Attachments

• TJC Tanzanite Ring 1.jpg
    TJC Tanzanite Ring 1.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 250
There has been some beautiful tanzanite around recently. I'm late to this thread, but I did see the Rocks&Co tanzanite ring that Klos started the thread about. I must say that for me it was a perfect tanzy, just the colour I love (not too dark) and it seemed well cut. Now, their prices are another matter...........

I think it's sacrilege to put a stone that size and of supposed world class quality (!!) into less than 3g of gold (2.91 to be exact).

This question of feeble gold weights is one of my strongest objections to this ( and some onther) channels.
Quite how any ring, particularly, is going to last any time at all with these pathetic amounts of gold is beyond me....it gets me even angrier when the presenter witters on about heorlooms and passing down the genrations... HOW, pray, would that be possible without major reconstruction work to render the item wearable for more than a year?
This low gold weight is a major drawback for me in the majority of bracelets sold ... and this is rife through all the channels, it is very unusual to see a bracelet with a weight above six or seven grammes of gold ....not sufficient to last for any length of time. It would be funny, were it not so misleading, that all the channels are so keen to tell us that the stuff they are pushing is "not costume jewellery", this is "the real deal".... well, yes, in the matter of composition, but in too many cases the plastic, wood or dodgy alloy stuff is likely to stand up to longer wear ! How pathetic is that??!!

There has been some beautiful tanzanite around recently. I'm late to this thread, but I did see the Rocks&Co tanzanite ring that Klos started the thread about. I must say that for me it was a perfect tanzy, just the colour I love (not too dark) and it seemed well cut. Now, their prices are another matter...........

I agree about the colour Jacqualina but I thought it was windowed? The pics show it too unless I'm mistaken? Either way, the price was totally ludicrous when you see what you can get for the same money from TJC.

My latest tanzy from RocksTv is 3.57 cts with 0.37 cts of dimaond and is in 6 grams of gold - how can 3 grams be acceptable???

The gold weights are very poor across the tv jewellers, you are all absolutely right about that. My Brother is a jeweller, a proper one who crafts his own collection as well as offering other brands like Thomas Sabo. He is not a fan of shopping channel jewellery but he is certainly happy that people buy it. He gets a lot of repair work from these! He also says it is a shame when you see a reasonable stone, so carelessly set, in a piddling bid of gold that has no chance of longevity. He says it can be like molecules flying in formation it is so thin! I agree that all this talk of heirlooms is stupid, as is referring to the durability of tanzanite.

Rant over!

Inge x

The gold weights are very poor across the tv jewellers, you are all absolutely right about that. My Brother is a jeweller, a proper one who crafts his own collection as well as offering other brands like Thomas Sabo. He is not a fan of shopping channel jewellery but he is certainly happy that people buy it. He gets a lot of repair work from these! He also says it is a shame when you see a reasonable stone, so carelessly set, in a piddling bid of gold that has no chance of longevity. He says it can be like molecules flying in formation it is so thin! I agree that all this talk of heirlooms is stupid, as is referring to the durability of tanzanite.

Rant over!

Inge x

Couldn't agree more. In fact, over the years I've re-set most of the best stones I've bought!

Latest posts

Back