Not happy. Not happy. Not happy.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

M

Meeshoo

Guest Shopper
Ok, I've got to start by saying this is NOT GemsTV's fault but I need to vent.

I've had a pendant on forward order for a few weeks, due to arrive today and I've paid the £14.95 for a Saturday delivery.

So, we wait in ALL day. At 4 o'clock and no delivery (which is unusual as DPD normally come at 8.00am) I phoned Gems. I spoke to a lovely lady who checked their website (as I had) and it said that it was loaded onto a delivery van at 7.31 this morning and was out for delivery.

The CS lady apologised and explained that DPD only deliver up until lunchtime so she could only email them and re-arrange delivery to my work for Monday. She also refunded the difference between Saturday and normal delivery.

I'm seriously unimpressed with DPD. Not on.

It's already been done tvshopper - see above - and it's showing on my order history.

You have my sympathy, Meeshoo. I know how annoying this is.

I hardly ever order from Gems TV these days, partly due to previous pricing issues but also due to the delivery service being so unpredictable. I can only order when I'm guaranteed to be at home as I'm not allowed to receive parcels at work (sucks but saves me a fortune). Needless to say, spending precious free-time kicking my heels at home waiting on the van is extremely irritating...having to get up extra early to shower so I don't miss the delivery is just one annoyance (I really enjoy a rare lie-in as I usually have to get up early for work). Worse still is when you've waited all day and it arrives as the last delivery of the day but according to the on-line tracking it's been on the van since 07.30 hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You can critisize the Post Office all you like but at least if you miss the delivery the item can be collected personally the next day...I did this all the time with TJC until they changed couriers and now, again, I hardly ever order.

If you don't mind my nosiness, Meeshoo. How did you come to forward order an item...haven't heard of this before, is it something new? Also, what's the pendant like...something lovely knowing your taste, I'm sure :3:

You have my sympathies as well Meesh. I had an order which hadn't appeared at the usual time and so alarm bells started ringing. I checked the DPD tracking detail and found it saying they had been unable to deliver and had left a card. The H*ll they had!

I searched DPD website and found this contact number......0844 824 0505........a helpful lady rang the driver direct and apparently his 'Satnav' had directed him to another nearby road!! New directions were passed on to him and he delivered on his way back to the depot.

I am keeping this number safe in case of any future delivery complications. :smirk: Hope all goes well with your delivery on Monday. xx

Sacha - thanks very much for the number. I'll be using that tomorrow me thinks!!!

Huggles - I ordered something two weeks ago but for a Saturday delivery. It's not a new service. If you have a Saturday delivery you can pick which date, up to about 3 weeks in advance I think, and you can also keep adding to it right up until the Thursday night/Friday morning so it's a good way to save on postage if you think you'll add to the order.

It's already been done tvshopper - see above - and it's showing on my order history.

Oh right, didn't spot that. When this happened to me with TJC they gave me free p&p and sent a jewellery polishing cloth by way of an apology in the post separately.

tvs

Oh right, didn't spot that. When this happened to me with TJC they gave me free p&p and sent a jewellery polishing cloth by way of an apology in the post separately.

tvs

I think that GemsTV have done all they could have done and I'm pretty sure they will be speaking with DPD because at the end of the day they're offering a Saturday service via DPD. If DPD let them down, they not only let GemsTV down but also the customer.

Yes GemsTV could have refunded the total postage but I'm happy with what they've done and I certainly don't want a polishing cloth!!!!! I'm NOT happy with DPD however. If they provide a Saturday service, charge through the nose for it, load the parcel onto the van, then they should bliddy deliver it. I waited in all Saturday for them not to show up. I will therefore be phoning DPD myself tomorrow to express my displeasure.

Hi Meeshoo,
I am so sorry about your non delivery!
I do hope that you get to the bottom of this and give the courier a good telling off!

Sapphireblue

Latest posts

Back