Steam Generator Iron

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

norfolk dumpling

Registered Shopper
I've been watching the demos for the generator iron ( I know - sad or what) and am a little bit tempted. I recently had a Centigrade coat delivered from the "other side" and whilst I love the coat it arrived very creased. I've tried ironing it and it is a little better but at the time I thought if I could steam it it would look much better. Has anyone tried one of these irons and do I really need the special ironing board (extra 40 quid) to get the best results

Hi - I used to have one of these irons!! I used it every week for about 6 months then it started leaking!! There was water everywhere. They did take it back and I got a full refund - i've now got one that fits on my Polti. I never used a special board - just my regular one. TBH I loved it until it started leaking hot water and I did ask for a replacement but they refunded instead.

I've been watching the demos for the generator iron ( I know - sad or what) and am a little bit tempted. I recently had a Centigrade coat delivered from the "other side" and whilst I love the coat it arrived very creased. I've tried ironing it and it is a little better but at the time I thought if I could steam it it would look much better. Has anyone tried one of these irons and do I really need the special ironing board (extra 40 quid) to get the best results

I had the silver iron they're advertising at the moment and it was rubbish. The steam seemed to be escaping from the tube and it scalded my wrist so it went back.
I think they're a good idea but in reality I find them a pain in the b*m as they're quite cumbersome. They iron well though.

I love my tefal steam generator iron, really makes light work of ironing. Because it does generate a lot of steam, it does need an ironing board with a mesh type bottom to let the steam out. In fact, after using it yesterday, I noticed for the first time that the floor underneath was slightly damp from this excess steam. I've never noticed before as I use it on carpet. Also, the ironing board needs to be quite large which helps you speed through your ironing. wouldn't go back to regular iron.

Hi all
I bought one of these irons a few months ago!

I have a Polti and Steam Iron attachment which I don't use. too fiddly and you have to wait for the pressure valve to release.
I have a Tefal steam iron that was OK and costs a lot of money and fizzle out after a couple of few years. So I bought one of these cheap steam irons.

For the price, it one of the best I have used. I don't expect it to last forever. I refuse to pay over the odds for a steam iron.

I have taken out creases men’s and ladies suits, silk skirts, silk dresses, lace curtains (very good|) curtains, shirts and denims etc
I use the iron every day. I have one of those ironing boards that is mesh based. This allows the steam to pass through and speed up ironing.

It is cheap and you pay for what you get!

I hope this helps

Sapphireblue

I've just got myself a steam generator iron, a fairly good one but in a sale. I used to have a karcher steam cleaner with iron attatchment and it was so good. When it finally died I got a steam press and hated it, burned me so much and I tried hard to get better at it but it was taking me twice as long and actually marking my skin. It went back and I got myself a £15.99 iron and had that for over a year, also around 6 months ago I got a massive mesh board from Costco, that and my basic iron was really good, I was able to still do shirt sleeves on one side only the mesh board makes that much difference. Invested in my much wanted steam generator last week and used it twice, still getting used to it but I'm stunned at the difference compared to both the karcher and basic. Got my 9y/o lads school trousers, lay them flat and was able to to steam them through all the layers and this was on medium steam. Like the steam press but NO BURNS. Goodness knows what I'll iron on high as thats super hot and fast and I'm only using half my water tank on a family of 5 clothes. Exceeded my expectations.

I really feel too a mesh iron board makes all the difference with ANY ironing system that uses steam.

I have the opposite tale to loujareth, did not get on with steam generator iron, love my steam press.

I so wanted to get on with the steam press vampyre, I persevered for 3 weeks, doing sheets and allsorts to teach myself but I just didn't gel to it. I'd have invested in some cotton gloves, as recommended by lovely ladies on 'other' shopping telly section at the time but just hated the fact it was taking me twice as long. I'm thinking theres a definate marmite effect with iron sytems, generator/press - love/hate. :)

Latest posts

Back