Well worth the wait!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

M

Meeshoo

Guest Shopper
It takes a lot to make me go "OMG" and "WOW" when I open a package. A definite keeper.

Some background - I originally had this in my basket on a forward order when they were first aired. GC had ordered a couple of pieces, including this one, and got it very quickly. When I saw her photos, I was really disappointed because the stones were very pale. As mine hadn't been shipped I cancelled the order. However, I've always kept an eye on it and was drawn back to it time and time again. When I found out it was the last in stock I realised it was now or never.

I have to say that I've struck lucky because the colour saturation and grading is very good and I think, looking at the link, that I've got the one in the picture. It just goes to show that sometimes, even if it's the last in stock, it doesn't mean it's the runt of the litter.

http://www.gemstv.co.uk/Shop/productDataSheet.jsp?productid=URP4653&menuselection=3&colourScheme=9

Okay, onto the photos - this is a real bugga to photograph (for some reason green gemstones are THE hardest)! IRL I see vibrant Emerald greens and this flashes with colour and brightness. The top I'm wearing in photo 1 is actually an Emerald green colour so you can see that the colour isn't true to real life. Anyway, imagine bright, vibrant, emerald green and you're on the right track .....

Attachments

• Garnet Tsavorite Pendant 1.jpg
    Garnet Tsavorite Pendant 1.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 280
  • Garnet Tsavorite Pendant2.jpg
    Garnet Tsavorite Pendant2.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 297
  • Garnet Tsavorite Pendant3.jpg
    Garnet Tsavorite Pendant3.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 277
Glad you got a good one as you said mine was so disappointing, but i can see how much nicer your colour grading is wear it in good health x

Lovely pendant Meesh, just shows that perserverance and patience pays off some times :) Enjoy wearing it.

I suppose this helps take the sting out of the delayed delivery, Meeshoo. The best things are worth the wait and this pendant looks great.

Very nice.......

Its very pretty Meesh, many thanks for posting the pics and am pleased it all worked out very well
for you in the end. Did you have a word with DPD? :smirk:

Very nice. Bet you're glad you didn't cancel it now! Good to see Gems still have the occasional wow factor pieces.

I'm glad that you've got a nice one. It is really good when you open a box and go WOW! It doesn't happen often and with me I never seem to like things straight away, they grow on me! I too have had some really nice items lately, well cut and good colour, no windows etc. In fact, my last three or four orders have all been good.

I like the chain with your pendant - did that come with it? It suits it.

Its very pretty Meesh, many thanks for posting the pics and am pleased it all worked out very well for you in the end. Did you have a word with DPD? :smirk:

Actually as it happens I didn't - I've had the nightmare week from hell at work and time has just passed me by so I didn't get a chance! However, GemsTV know about it so hopefully they will register their displeasure.

Very nice. Bet you're glad you didn't cancel it now! Good to see Gems still have the occasional wow factor pieces.

Sooooooooo glad I didn't cancel it!

I'm glad that you've got a nice one. It is really good when you open a box and go WOW! It doesn't happen often and with me I never seem to like things straight away, they grow on me! I too have had some really nice items lately, well cut and good colour, no windows etc. In fact, my last three or four orders have all been good.

I like the chain with your pendant - did that come with it? It suits it.

No it didn't unfortunately. In fact I wear this chain with most of my pendants as it's my favourite. It's a 14k w/gold bead chain. They are tough to find but fairly sturdy.

Beautiful pendant, Meeshoo .... and brilliant you got the one in the picture.

Meeshoo, that is bl**dy gorgeous and congrats on such a stunning purchase. Amazing shade of green. I've never sen Tsavorite in the flesh, so to speak, but as I'm a January baby, perhaps I should be doing some research. Do you have any other Tsavorite pieces?

Love the bead chain. My girls were given pendants with bead chains a few years ago (in silver :() and they are still on the go.

Thank you Calvin. I do have some other Tsavorite pieces and have just looked for photos but don't seem to have any - I'll try to take some at the weekend. If you're looking at Tsavorite then make sure you get one that is a rich green (some people prefer blue undertones and other yellow) but it shouldn't be too light otherwise it's really a grossular garnet rather than a Tsav.

Edit: Here are some lovely ones. I prefer my Tsavs not to be too dark so my favourite on this page is the pear cut top right. It's probably not the best one on the page but I love the colour. http://www.swalagemtraders.com/search-gems/results.php

Last edited:
Thank you Calvin for asking the question and thank you Meeshoo for answering it.

...... I get soooo confused when looking at the colour of gemstones. As a rule of thumb is it usually better to look for a deeper colour if looking for a good one?

Looking forward to seeing your Tsavorite photos. Please have you got any Demantoid Garnet rings in your collection .... and photos?

Posted before your edit.

Hope you don't mind but I've just taken some more photos in daylight and they're a better representation of the colour.

Fluff - yes I do have demantoid garnet and a photo somewhere so I'll dig it out.

GarnetTsavoriteDaylight3.jpg

GarnetTsavoriteNeckshot2.jpg

that pendant is stunning and looks to be a great size too! tbh i have given up watching gems but if they are starting to get nice stuff in again, and that pendant is gorgeous, i will have to start watching it again.... oh dear, poor CC is screaming just at the thought of it lol

that pendant is stunning and looks to be a great size too! tbh i have given up watching gems but if they are starting to get nice stuff in again, and that pendant is gorgeous, i will have to start watching it again.... oh dear, poor CC is screaming just at the thought of it lol
Just to say a big 'hi' to Becca, lovely to see you posting again.
Now get buying from Gems mysmilie_1436 we loved reading your posts in the past. xx

hiya Sacha xxx

dare i look at gems? even worse... dare i buy from them? lol i dont know if i can afford to buy atm as i have just been investing heavily in winter boots (when i was a gal u got black and brown boots this year you seem to need the whole rainbow!).
hmmm... ah well the dogs dont really need feeding again this year and the boy hasnt been tidying his room so i can easily cancel his christmas. Gems here i come!!!!!

Latest posts

Back