Woo Hoo! Look look look!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

RubyRose

Registered Shopper
Take a look at this, ladies and gents! I feel like a proud parent!

Here's the 4ct loose tanzanite I bought from tjc back in June finally set into a ring! After speaking to various jewellers in the Jewellery Quarter in Brum, I found one who inspired confidence, and he's created this lovely, chunky, contemporary setting. The metal is Palladium with ten little diamonds inset in the shoulders. He got the proportions just right to set off the stone. I love it so much, I couldn't have wished for anything better! (Apart from more elegant fingers!)

Here's hoping the images work!

tanz01.jpg

tanz02.jpg

tanz03.jpg

tanz04.jpg

tanz05.jpg

Congratulations RR, I'm so glad you've now got the ring of your dreams. I love the way the diamonds are set into the band of the ring, like little stars! Wear in good health.

Lovely ring i'm so glad your happy with it i love the way the diamonds have been set a very nice contemporary design, wear it in good health x

Hi Rubyrose, your ring looks lovely and sets of the tanszanite so well
I hope that you have lots of enjoyment wearing you ring.
Kind regards
Sapphireblue

Congratulations on your new addition RR....

That's very nice RubyRose, its a whopper of a Tanzanite and needs good broad shoulders to sit on!
Love the randomness of the diamonds, excellent idea - one of my most worn Gems rings is a gold band
with tiny scattered diamonds.

Many congratulations on your new 'baby' am sure you will get much pleasure and satisfaction from wearing it.

That's gorgeous RR!! :flower: A wopper indeed and I love the swiss set diamonds in the shoulders. Enjoy. Sx :pPC:

What a lovely ring you have there RR.......so different to the tanzy designs that are available 'ready to wear':)

It's a stunner for sure.......Enjoy!!!

Lovely stone and I love Palladium ( I have a couple of bits set in it too). The diamonds are lovely, well set and really set the Tanzanite off beautifully. The claws look well made too, a feature that often puts me off an item when they look cheap and poorly finished.

I think that you and your jeweller have made a very inspired choice, congratulations! Wear it and love it,

Inge xx

Well Mummy Rubyrose you have every right to be proud of your new "baby" - it's lovely! Very unusual and so unique. Well done on taking your time and getting something exactly to your taste. I hope you have many years of pleasure wearing it.

rubyrose, that is just beautiful. I love the setting - it looks very substantial. The brushed effect on the palladium is gorgeous - never seen anything quite like that before. VERY jealous!

What's palladium like to wear? That band looks so substantial - but is it lighter than gold or platinum would feel?

Ruby Rose..congratulations on creating your dream tanzy ring, i love your design and it sets off the large stone perfectly! It must be very satisfying to have exactly what you wished for. Enjoy wearing it so much. x x

That ring is just fabulouuuuuuuuussss RR! No wonder you are chuffed to bits :clapping:

Thank you for the lovely comments, everyone!

rubyrose, that is just beautiful. I love the setting - it looks very substantial. The brushed effect on the palladium is gorgeous - never seen anything quite like that before. VERY jealous!

What's palladium like to wear? That band looks so substantial - but is it lighter than gold or platinum would feel?

The jeweller said it was a lighter metal than platinum (and much less expensive) therefore you get a lot more for your money, so to speak. The band is very chunky and not hollow at all, so it feels quite heavy. It's very smooth, VERY comfortable to wear. Also, it is hallmarked - I didn't realise they'd started hallmarking Palladium already, but obviously they have! It's a nice metal. I could have had it polished, but we agreed that the textured finish sets off the diamonds better.

RubyRose - did your jeweller also tell you that it's hypoallergenic, doesn't tarnish and will eventually get a patina just like Platinum? Your jeweller suggested a great finish on yours because any patina that develops will just look like the natural texture of the ring. Very good idea indeed.

It's a great metal and the only difference between Platinum is that it's very slightly greyer. Do you know if your jeweller rhodium plated it? I've got some palladium earrings that have been rhodium plated over the top to make them super white so if ever you feel your ring is looking greyer than you'd like in a few years time, that's an option and it's reasonably cheap to do (same as you'd do for white gold). BTW hallmarking for Palladium only came in this year.

Congratulations RR. I'm happy you've got what your heart desires!
The Tanzy is excellent. The Jeweller did a good job of setting the Diamonds in the Palladium. Lovely combination and stunning design.
Wear it with style.

RubyRose - thanks for your very full answer, and thanks too to Meshoo for her great knowledge.

I'm very interested in the idea of palladium. I was looking at precious metal prices on Cooksons' website, and it is so much cheaper per gram than platinum and gold - and if it is less dense you'd get a bigger look for the same metal weight.

I suppose that now it can be hallmarked we might start seeing more jewellery designers using it - and would this mean the price going up (if they push it as 'platinum like') or the price coming down as more of it gets used? Something to look out for, methinks. I really like the look of it and hope to see more.

Latest posts

Back