Bamix Swissline Silver Blender, etc.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BusyLizzie

Registered Shopper
For the first time in months I actually watched IW for a brief period and was quite impressed with the demonstration of this product. Anyone got one and is it as good as it looks or will it just be another gadget pushed to the back of the cupboard?

Silly question perhaps, but could it possibly replace my bulky Magimix Food Processor?

For the first time in months I actually watched IW for a brief period and was quite impressed with the demonstration of this product. Anyone got one and is it as good as it looks or will it just be another gadget pushed to the back of the cupboard?

Silly question perhaps, but could it possibly replace my bulky Magimix Food Processor?

I've got one Busy Lizzie. I didn't buy it from Ideal World, they are available cheaper elsewhere if you do a web search. It is good, but not as good as they say. Grinding, blending and crushing are fine and done in no time with the chopping blade, but I tried to make a cake using the blending attachment and the consistency was terrible. Not as good as the traditional food processor or my beloved Kenwood Chef. I have found also that when blending something on the stove, you have to make sure that your pan is really deep or you'll splatter the walls with the contents. The cream making out of skimmed milk does work if you use the same shape small container that they demonstrate with on the show, but it really doesn't taste like double cream. It's rather similar to the aerosol cream but even more full of air (if that's possible).

In short, the tasks carried out with the chopping blade are largely successful, but I am disappointed with the aerating and blending attachments. The mill is good but only for very small quantities.

Hope this helps somewhat.

Thank you very much Mam - think I'll save my money and stick with my trusted Magimix which has never let me down yet! Makes me wonder why I even thought of replacing it...........:33:

I bought a cheaper version of this some years ago off a shopping channel. A Thunderstick Pro I believe it was called. It had exactly the same blades and grinding jars etc but I never realised then it was basically a copy of the Bamix (which I'd never heard of until recently).

It was very useful but wouldn't replace a food processor despite what they say.

Anyway....it blew up in the end :cheeky:

Latest posts

Back