Ring mounts!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

gemcherub

Registered Shopper
Every time Vicki sells a ring mount she says "we have left the prongs wide open so you can set any size stone in there" What? the one she sold this morning looked like the stone needed to be atleast an 8mm round, so she thinks you could set any size stone in it then just pull the claws in NO can you imagine if you tried to set a 5mm diamond in it it would just drop straight down or even through it lol some of the mountings just had a great big hole in the bottom!

She has just sold about 6 different styles and didn't once measure the setting!
look at this one she didn't even say it was for a square stone it maybe obvious to some people but some poor soul may have no idea just listening to Vicki saying any size stone will fit it!
Sorry i took the grab as the game was ending so there are words across the grab lol

Attachments

• Untitled tjc2.jpg
    Untitled tjc2.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 206
Yes TJC should make it clear that there is a very small margin of adjustment to the the size of these mounts, I bet loads get returned. :rolleyes: Del made me chuckle the other day when he was about to show one by shouting out Ladies!! I'm mounting!! :D From the sniggering that followed I can imagine some of the comments from the gallery. :D :pPC:

Yes Derek made me laugh the other day, Jamie the producer made a mistake with the graphics and Derek pointed it out then said "don't worry Jamie i'll clear up your mess" Derek started laughing so i can just imagine what Jamie was saying in his ear lol

Just what I was thinking! While I think it's a good idea to sell mounts surely it's obvious to anyone that they should be saying something along the lines of "this is suitable for a 6mm round stone" for example. The other thing would be the depth surely? If anyone is buying a mount for a stone they have at home, they would need to be very good at guesswork!

you also have to guess the ring size as Vicki couldn't get it on her finger!

Attachments

• Untitled tjc 3.jpg
    Untitled tjc 3.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 166
OMG!!!

Since there's less than a 0.5mm tolerance when setting a gemstone into a calibrated setting, this is disgraceful selling.

Someones been reading the forum Vicki is now selling a ring mount that will take a loose stone from 6mm-6.2mm round!
Thats strange yesterday they would fit any stone but today theres only a 0.2mm tolerance!:grin:

Someones been reading the forum Vicki is now selling a ring mount that will take a loose stone from 6mm-6.2mm round!
Thats strange yesterday they would fit any stone but today theres only a 0.2mm tolerance!:grin:

Well i'm glad TJC do listen to us, as most other channels wont take any notice!

Well i'm glad TJC do listen to us, as most other channels wont take any notice!

Very true they have even added it to the graphic details now so well done to TJC for that credit were credit is due but as for all the people who bought them yesterday who were told any stone will fit i don't think they will be to happy!

I know....but at least TJC have come to clear the air with detailed mount dimensions. This is what I call proactiveness! Good Job TJC! The bottom line is You listen to us......even though the earlier buyers will not be too happy.

Latest posts

Back