Ammolite

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I love Ammolite but am sick to death of sending my ring back, and now I can't even get a reply from Ken.

What happens it appears like a film over the top of the stone and that just goes cloudy.

I hate bad customer service and it appears from my experience that Koirite are now ignoring past customerrs.

I am interested in an item but something inside me is just not sure.

Is it as rare as they say I wonder??

Will the colours be as vibrant as on the screen??

Cloudy Ammolite?

I love Ammolite but am sick to death of sending my ring back, and now I can't even get a reply from Ken.

What happens it appears like a film over the top of the stone and that just goes cloudy.

I hate bad customer service and it appears from my experience that Koirite are now ignoring past customerrs.

Hiya Graham,

Sorry to hear you have been having problems with your ammolite (I was going to say ring but it made me chuckle, so must be rude! :eek:)

I have a piece of ammolite in a pendant but don't wear it all that often, just not my favourite piece. Have you tried Dave Bradford's cleaner? Maybe it is a reaction with the human skin natural oils and sweat? I turn silver black and green which is a pain. The girls on here have suggested I try Gemstv silver as it has no nickel in it, so I'm going to get a piece as an experiment.

The other thing is, my original wedding band is 9ct gold. I caused a very strange effect on the inside of it. The gold (or rather alloys in it) have tarnished. It has a rainbow colour effect which does not clean off with anything. It looks rainbow coloured, like when you see engine oil reflecting on the surface of a puddle, if you know what I mean? No jewellers could ever explain it and most had never seen it. Maybe it is something chemical from your own body? My hubby bought me a new ring set in 2000, new millennium, new rings! We were both very poor students when we first got engaged / married, I still keep them though as you can't buy sentimental memories can you!

Korite should be ashamed of themselves. They trade constantly on their good name, family business, customer care etc..... :mad:

This time I only wore it when I go out at night (thats not often) and it still happened.

I expect it is down to my weight and getting hot and stuff, but he always said it had a lifetime guarantee and now just wont answser.

Cloudy Ammolite

This time I only wore it when I go out at night (thats not often) and it still happened.

I expect it is down to my weight and getting hot and stuff, but he always said it had a lifetime guarantee and now just wont answser.

Hi Graham,

Even skinnies sweat! It's often just our own natural chemistry, so don't blame your weight. If you are not wearing it everyday, then it is less likely to be anything on your part which has caused the stone to deteriorate.

You are absolutely right that he always crows long and loud about the lifetime guarantee - Like a peacock with his chest out hehehe ! How many times have Korite ignored you? It is probably worth another shot, perhaps they could change the stone. I apologise if you have heard all this before and are fed up with it.

Let us know how you get on, maybe we can all do a collective letter to send to Korite? I would be very happy to lobby them and I'm sure others on here will too.

Good luck, Jackie :)

Will give it another go now, have emailed 6 times now :( fingers crossed.

Graham, I'm so sorry to hear about what's happened to your Ammolite and I will PM you with an email addy I had for Ken when he personally helped me out a few years back, although I don't know if it's still active. I'd hazard a guess that the protective spinel cover is faulty and hope you get it sorted ASAP.

I have several pieces, mostly AA and they are gorgeous. I admittedly don't wear them often, but I bought Sian a standard quality large Celtic design silver ring years ago that she never takes off (she can't now as it's stuck!) and working as a veterinary nurse and all that entails it still looks as good as new.

Gem Genie, All the AA and most of the standard I've bought has been stunning and exactly as I expected, but I have sent a couple of standard pieces back as they weren't colourful enough. I have said if they were the first I'd ever bought, I'd never have tried again and maybe that would have been a good thing, considering how much I've spent! ;) Ebay can be a good source and then you see a pic of the actual piece which is a bonus. A Korite piece occasionally pops up there and I have grabbed a bargain or two :D.

Here's a few of my AA that I've actually got around to photographing .....

Jewellery065.jpg

Jewellery074.jpg

Jewellery073.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back