TJC delivery problems driving me crazy

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

MissMagpie

If it sparkles - grab it
Following glowing reports on this forum, I've starting watching and buying from TJC, but I fear my relationship with them may be short lived for one reason and one reason only.

Unlike EVERY other delivery company used by EVERY other channel, the company used by TJC WILL NOT deliver packages to a neighbour (even if she hears my doorbell and pops her head around the door to intercept the delivery). This is a nightmare as I'm out a lot and away a lot, and never know when the deliveries will arrive. I know have a whole stack of cards and I'm expecting FIVE deliveries on Tuesday, some of them going back about three weeks, because this is the only day I can sure of being in all day.

Please, please TJC, can we have more flexibility about deliveries?

Even the Royal Mail have stopped me from signing for neighbours parcels now, he said new rules :(

Miss M I totally agree and I actually wrote to TJC to complain. Even if they come to your door, you open it, they then insist you show them your driving licence! If somebody is opening my front door, I think it's safe to assume that I trust them! Of course if they're wearing a balaclava then maybe not!

When I challenged the courier company over their policy othey said it was TJC rules. It's not. It's the courier's rules. Apparently this is a "secure" service but it's hopeless. It's not user friendly and unless you phone before 4pm on the day of the failed delivery you have to wait a minimum of 48 hours for re-delivery.

Miss M I totally agree and I actually wrote to TJC to complain. Even if they come to your door, you open it, they then insist you show them your driving licence! If somebody is opening my front door, I think it's safe to assume that I trust them! Of course if they're wearing a balaclava then maybe not!

When I challenged the courier company over their policy othey said it was TJC rules. It's not. It's the courier's rules. Apparently this is a "secure" service but it's hopeless. It's not user friendly and unless you phone before 4pm on the day of the failed delivery you have to wait a minimum of 48 hours for re-delivery.

They'd have a hard job seeing mine, I don't have one!!! :laughing:

BTW, which courier company is it TJC are using?

It's DX Sazza, a very well established company. I have the opposite viewpoint because I've had no problems with it at all. I first encountered them as a company when I was in the bank 11 years ago, DX were the couriers that they used to pick up and deliver our documents every day. :pPC:

If you're at home when they call then it's a good service Sue. The problem is when you're out (and you never know when deliveries are going to arrive with TJC), the process of getting something redelivered is a nightmare.

I always phone their CS Meesh to verify the delivery day and they are very helpful. I have had to rearrange a couple of deliveries and it's been fine. Wonder if it depends on where you live, I know that shouldn't make any difference to the service but maybe they have more couriers available in London?? :WHO KNOWS: :pPC:

I shouldn't have to phone to find out what day they're delivering, rearrange delivery etc. I just want them to leave the package with a neighbour if I'm out (which I often am). Other channels let you specify when you place the order whether or not you are happy for the parcel to be left with a neighbour, so if you DON'T want it left with a neighbour that's fine too. The fact that TJC are making it more difficult than it should be to receive packages is putting me off shopping with them.

I've had no problems at all with deliveries and my delivery man is very friendly and helpful and does leave my parcels with my neighbour when I'm out. However, I am shocked at tjc's delivery costs and this has really put me off ordering again. During their last clearance I ordered about five or six items and they all arrived in the same parcel. P&P costs? Something over £17! Now that really is taking the p!$$!

The complications with their delivery service is the reason why I stopped buying from TJC. I still watch now and again, but I won't buy from them because of the problems I had with producing identification and delivering to my work address. Shame really as they have some really lovely items and could easily be tempted.

However, I am shocked at tjc's delivery costs and this has really put me off ordering again. During their last clearance I ordered about five or six items and they all arrived in the same parcel. P&P costs? Something over £17! Now that really is taking the p!$$!
Yes this is my only gripe too. :angry: :pPC:

Well this looks like regional variances play a part in how successful your delivery is or isn't as Sue suggested. In the North West I can tell you, it's diabolical. DX stick to the rules, need to see ID, won't leave it with anybody who doesn't have your ID and it's been agreed with DX beforehand, can only redeliver outside a 48 hour window from the first point of delivery etc.

However, reading above, some do leave with neighbours!

I love TJC items on the whole but not knowing when something will be delivered (and that's TJC's fault because you can't "book" a delivery day or track it successfully on their website) and then having to guess what day it will be to enter in a delivery address is annoying. It makes the process hit and miss and as Miss M says, we shouldn't have to phone to find out when delivery will take place.

I've got an order outstanding (made last Thursday) to go to my work address. We've just realised that my hubby is going into hospital on Wednesday so if delivery is after Wednesday, there's no way my ID (or me) will be at work! I just know it's going to be a PITA.

I'm in the North West too but I have not been asked to produce ID.

In fairness I have only had one delivery from TJC and it wasn't an expensive item,maybe they ask for ID for the expensive stuff!:thinking2:

TJC delivery

Hello there

My friend and I, also neighbours, are regular buyers from TJC and rarely experience any problems, maybe we are lucky in usually getting the same courier. We have established a good relationship and full level of trust with him. I guess they have to be very careful in the times we live in and at the end of day it's their neck on line if a problem should arise. Perhaps if you could get company address next time you speak to courier, they would accept your request to leave with neighbour if you put it writing? TJC jewellery is certainly worth waiting for!

Pink Sapphire - we're all experienced jewellery buyers from TJC but their latest delivery service leaves something to be desired - but it looks like it's coming back to what each individual driver will do. The drivers in my area WILL NOT leave a package unless they see some ID (even if they come to your house). I have contacted DX's CS who say that they are a "secured" service and therefore insist on ID. They will not bend the rules. It's incredibly inflexible.

On a different note, my Postman will always put Recorded Deliveries through my door, ParcelForce will leave parcels with neighbours or post them through my letterbox etc. DX will do neither.

Hi all,
I have had many deliveries from TJC and I don't have any problems at all.
I have had the same courier for many years and I have never been asked for any form of identity
Sapphireblue

I haven't had any problems either and haven't been asked for ID. It's always the same lady who delivers so she knows I am who I'm supposed to be though. Before I came off work sick I would get the delivery to go to my hubby's work - again no problems. I've had to re-arrange a couple of times, once because I was in bed and didn't hear the door (before 9am) and another time when there was nobody at hubby's work. Each time I just did it on their website and got delivery on the re-arranged date.

I think a lot of it is down to the delivery person but let's be honest here, if you were delivering and were held responsible for anything that went wrong, would you break the rules if you weren't 100% sure of someone? I used to trust everyone until I learned the hard way, over and over again! My back's still like a watering can with all the holes from the stab wounds!!

I do agree that TJC should have the facility for you to leave a neighbour's details in the event of you not being home though. Providing the neighbour signs for the parcel there shouldn't be a problem.

Latest posts

Back