POTD - Polti Vaporella 4500R

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Zaney

Registered Shopper
Hello Everyone,

This is my first post although I've lurked for a while.

Does anyone have one of these Polti steam generators? Are they really as good as they seem to be?

Any views would be very welcome.

Zaney

Bought something similar yonks ago - OK but doesn't clear limescale of taps, sinks etc. and will not remove grease stains from cookers, ovens and the like. IW and others represent grease with coffee water - quite misleading.

Hi, I have a Polti 2400 steam cleaner, got it about 10 years ago from John Lewis. Mine does clear limescale, mostly. If it is seriously encrusted you need to use Viakal or similar. After that, regular amounts of limescale come away with ease. The same with a greasy cooker. If the cooker is in a really bad state, then use your oven pride - or similar. Again, once a week after that and it is a breeze. It really does freshen up a suit and unless actually stained, it keeps the dry cleaning bills down. It is fabulous for windows and shower doors too.

I agree with Lilo Lil, that they demo stains in a very misleading manner and if your item is genuinely in that condition, it will not shift it all. I get irritated that these people are allowed to get away with fake stains and claims that it will all just disappear with the steam and one wipe of the cloth.

I don't know what the cost of this one is, mine was about £260 and I have used it continuously. It is a big item to store, so if you are just tempted by the demo's, you need to think of where you will store it and whether or not you will really get it out and use it regularly. My sister-in-law has one and it never gets used, so she says it isn't one of her better purchases.

Hope this helps a bit,

Inge :)

If you go for a proper a brand like Polti then it will do a good job of cleaning...some of the simlar brands are not as good as the Polti.

Alan

I bought one of the originals from QVC about 14 years ago...it does limescale no problem, as for greasy cookers/surfaces it's like the proverbial hot knife through butter...it cost about £250 back then, but given the amount it's saved over all these years on bleach/ disinfectant and window cleaner, not to mention elbow grease, I'd say it's more than paid for itself and wouldn't hesitate to replace it when it gives up the ghost.

Thank you all for the good advice. I have ordered one - can't wait to try it!

Zaney

Latest posts

Back