does iw know theres a recession on

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

cheekygityorks

Registered Shopper
being one of gordons browns millions of unemployed of late i do watch more ideal world than i used to. but certain products have left me bemused and the latest one has sent me over the edge.

64 quid for a frying pan?
1000 pounds for a food mixer?
160 quid for an iron
650 quid for a polti steam mop

am i missing the point or are times a changing?
when i first started buying i thought greased lightning was posh now it seams products are a changing

Last edited:
hello cheekygit and welcome to the p**s-take parlour... you'll be pleased to hear you can get a pack of 3 scarflaces and a wonder clip for £29.99 so life's not all bad. ;)

Yes Myra knows times are 'hard out there' and she does her bit to cheer us up with scarflaces that are cheaper than a jacket potato and coffee :clapping:

Of course we cannot do without these wonderful lengths of material in a recession, unlike food, so she's being really good to us :smirk:

well i found the forum by accident, during a boredom moment i was searching for gossip on the ideal world presenters as to which ones were gay, no idea where the smilies are but hello folks too

and no im not against ideal world i much prefer the presenters to qvcs

Welcome, cheeky. This is a great forum - if you have a question about a product, there'll be people who can give you advice or share their experience on it. There are people with lots of expertise about jewellery, who know about gems I've never even heard of, about what's good value, what's not. There are folks who know ALL the gossip ... you know who you are ...

But most of all, this place is FUN! I've sat here sometimes laughing so hard I can hardly breathe, with tears pouring down my face.

being one of gordons browns millions of unemployed of late i do watch more ideal world than i used to. but certain products have left me bemused and the latest one has sent me over the edge.

64 quid for a frying pan?
1000 pounds for a food mixer?
160 quid for an iron
650 quid for a polti steam mop

am i missing the point or are times a changing?
when i first started buying i thought greased lightning was posh now it seams products are a changing

They sell lots of cheap tat too. :)

Many of their target audience probably aren't affected much by Gordon Brown's world recession. You only have to listen to the phone callers, and emails they read out, to realise their average shoppers are elderly woman who are probably living off a nice private pension, and disabled women living off DLA and Income Support.

I know many of you will say you're neither of those things, but I did say that described their average shopper.

And who is going to admit to buying a polopancho balaclava thingy for £9.99.. Free P&P if you take one off their hands.
Must admit I've been tempted.. decisions decisions.

have you seen the husky poncho?
I haven't, and there's no picture on the website, but judging from the description - a standing husky poncho - it will be the perfect on-trend companion piece to my wolf fleece jacket. I also have a dolphin fleece, but I'm saving that for the office Christmas party, to wear with my white Itsacrap pants and my most luric Scarflace. I will, of course, be carrying a Bogof Bag, with my Tena Lady pads and the Nappy Rash cream I use where my thighs rub together in the clear pouch clipped to the outside.

I have to confess, whilst I have not bought a pollopancho, I am working at home today. The gas board is putting in a new main so I had to have the heating off all day and was I thinking what a good idea a QVC Slanket or a JML Snuggie might be, so I can be all wrapped up at my desk and yet still type. I'm sure, though, if I wait long enough Moira C will bring out the Itsawranklet in a range of attractive prints and at only twice the price of the Slanket.

Myra's a saint :angel:

She'll even fix your scarflace for free when your horse tramples on your end and squashes it......you can't say that about many companies :emo:

Did you know they are made in the UK and she lives in a windmill with 7 children?
Saint, I tell ya :35:

Myra's a saint :angel:

She'll even fix your scarflace for free when your horse tramples on your end and squashes it......you can't say that about many companies :emo:

Did you know they are made in the UK and she lives in a windmill with 7 children?
Saint, I tell ya :35:

Too true Anna. I'm eagerly anticipating her itsaonebigfootmuff to go with my slanket, polopancho and fixable scarf.
You're never stuck for fashion when you shop with IW.

Itsaonebigfootmuff? - oooo I like the sound of that......if you're reading this Myra, can you make us one of these, pretty please :flower:

Did you know you can't actually buy a coffee and a jacket potato for the price of £6-66 which is scarily the cost of the barf-lace.......well unless you eat where I do where a coffee and a spud is about £5.20 :p

But none the less, she is helping this economy and making sure everyone can have one of those disgusting, hideous, pap things.

eeeerrr..................ta?

Gets coat...

:welcome: Cheeky, you'll just love it here. So much helpful advice to be had, and great product reviews. By the way, if you're looking for something to beat the recession blues, you can't go wrong with 2 bars of soap they were selling this morning for the steal of a price at JUST £29.99 :thumbup:

Latest posts

Back