Coloured Tanzanite????

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

P

Pinkpussycat

Guest Shopper
Anyone watch this show at 10 o'clock?? Distinctly underwhelmed here. :emo: Mainly wishy washy green with no (apparent) other colour play and windows Everest would be proud of. :34:Where was all the pink they were banging on about in the promos :dunno: I only saw one pair of studs that were nothing to get excited about. What a bliddy let down. :rolleyes: :pPC:

Yeah, I thought so too. Rocks & Co had cheaper pink tanzanite recently! (Yes, really!!!)

I thought the pink tanzy studs were pretty, but £999 for two half-carat stones? No way!

I thought the pink tanzy studs were pretty, but £999 for two half-carat stones? No way!

Good grief!! :YIKES: I lost interest :sleepy: is that what they went for, did anyone actually buy them!!?? :YIKES: :pPC:

They'll probably come back at a much more realistic price anyway MissM so you may get them yet. ;) I bought a ring in October and although I loved it I sent it back cos I felt I couldn't justify the cost......and it came back on air in the early hours this morning and I re-bought it for £300 less!! :disco: :pPC:

The pink tanzy studs were doing quite a good impression of kunzite...the green was reminicent of green sapphire. Maybe they look better in daylight?

There was the most stunning pear cut tanzy pendant of nearly 12 carats. Wow.

They'll probably come back at a much more realistic price anyway MissM so you may get them yet. ;) I bought a ring in October and although I loved it I sent it back cos I felt I couldn't justify the cost......and it came back on air in the early hours this morning and I re-bought it for £300 less!! :disco: :pPC:

Well done PPC - now that's what I call a result. What was it? Piccies please :grin:

OMG Sue - PHENOMENAL! Please please please post piccies when you get it. WOW!

What are the stats on the centre diamond (colour/clarity)?

Not sure on the spec Meesh as it wasn't mentioned in detail but I'm assuming the diamonds are the usual Iliana grade or do they also use lower grades stones as well in Iliana?? I have obviously seen the ring irl but I'm going to ring TJC tomorrow and ask for more specific details. I'll try and take a pic when it arrives but you already know the quality of my photos.....:YIKES: :D :pPC:

Not sure on the spec Meesh as it wasn't mentioned in detail but I'm assuming the diamonds are the usual Iliana grade or do they also use lower grades stones as well in Iliana?? I have obviously seen the ring irl but I'm going to ring TJC tomorrow and ask for more specific details. I'll try and take a pic when it arrives but you already know the quality of my photos.....:YIKES: :D :pPC:

I would have assumed it was an Iliana grade too Sue but the specs made me ask the question because there's a random "I" in there. I can't see that being the clarity grade so I wondered if it was the colour - which would put it out of the normal Iliana range. As you've seen it though, if it lacked performance you'd never be getting it again so I bet it's yummy!

Oh and by the way? Your photos are good!

I would have assumed it was an Iliana grade too Sue but the specs made me ask the question because there's a random "I" in there.

Lol well spotted Meesh I hadn't noticed that so I will deffo ring and ask. :D The price was £1699 this time round, do you think that is reasonable?? :pPC:

It's about right Sue, although does to a large extent depend on the colour and clarity. The centre is under a carat (just) so that pushes the price down and you can get some great bargains when something's in the high .90s. If this was £1999 before then it was definitely expensive at that point. To buy a loose certified pear cut of .90ct, I in colour and SI2 in clarity (to be on the safe side) you're looking between £1450-1800. Add in the gold and pinkies (which surprisingly won't cost much) and £1,699 is fair.

I'll tell you what I would do to make it look bigger - I'd replace the shank with a knife edge design. That would give the illusion of the central pear being bigger than it is.

Last edited:
Cheers Meesh, I could never be arsed to look into all of that so I appreciate your time and effort hon in doing it for me. :hail: :D Tbh from memory the stone didn't look like the usual high grade Iliana and combined with the high price that's why I sent it back. And now today I'm already having 3rd thoughts because I already have a beautiful pear cut solitaire in excess of 1ct which I hardly ever wear so why am I buying a smaller, lower grade stone!!?? :YIKES: The pink diamonds are very titchy and not a strong colour either. :thinking2: Methinks it's going back again even before it's got here. :YIKES: My dosh keeps going back and forth as well .......sometimes I could slap meself. :rolleyes: :pPC:

Latest posts

Back