Calortec heaters

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

norbitonite

Registered Shopper
Anyone who's thinking about buying these, please be aware that Ellis is talking nonsense when she's converting the room sizes from metric to imperial. For instance, she keeps saying that a 10 square metre room is 33 feet by 33 feet, when in fact it is 11 feet by 11 feet approximately. 33 feet by 33 feet would be approx 100 square meters.

I'd hate anyone to order and then be disappointed.

Ellis is correct. 10 meters converts to 32.8083ft

Yes, 10 metres does. But 10 square metres does not convert to over 1000 square feet, which is what the floor area of a 33 feet by 33 feet room would be. She (and, I think, you) are confusing 10 square metres and 10 metres squared. The room size that one heater will cover is 10 square metres, meaning that - if it were a perfectly square room - it would have walls about 3.16 metres long. That converts to 10-11 feet.

if i had a room that was 33ft x 33ft i think id be able to aford to turn the central heating on cos id live in a mansion

Ellis was going on about heating your house at 21 degress centigrade - who has their heating that hot?

With my Central Heating on 18 - 19 it is nice and toasty.

I must admit I thought these were very good, although a little pricey for me.

We have Warm Air Central Heating, which to be honest is not the best in the world but as this is not my House, we have no option. It's also only partial heating as there is only one vent upstairs and a Radiator in the Bathroom.

I really was taken with this concept of Heating and also the idea that if we ever did move we could take them with us.

I will now go back and dream about it.

:)

Has anyone on the forum actually bought one of these heaters? If so, do they live up to the hype?
According to the demo, they seem to defy the laws of physics. The appear to produce more energy (in the form of heat) than they take in (in electricity).
I would hate to buy one and find out it is no better than a £50 Dimplex panel heater.

Calortec radiators

Has anyone on the forum actually bought one of these heaters? If so, do they live up to the hype?
According to the demo, they seem to defy the laws of physics. The appear to produce more energy (in the form of heat) than they take in (in electricity).
I would hate to buy one and find out it is no better than a £50 Dimplex panel heater.

Please note they are not heaters but electric radiators! And I can assure you that what is demonstrated is very correct.
They give you a fare better comfort than heaters + they are very economical in use!!

Peter

Peter,
Thanks for your response.
I assume you purchased one of these radiators and it works as advertised on Ideal World i.e. after the electricity supply is switched off it continues to accumulate heat.
Robert

Anyone who's thinking about buying these, please be aware that Ellis is talking nonsense when she's converting the room sizes from metric to imperial. For instance, she keeps saying that a 10 square metre room is 33 feet by 33 feet, when in fact it is 11 feet by 11 feet approximately. 33 feet by 33 feet would be approx 100 square meters.

I'd hate anyone to order and then be disappointed.

I despise metric.It's rammed down our throats.I'm sure it's a generational thing,but I'm only mid 30's and I can't visualise what the hell a meter or kg or kilometer is and I don't want to.If they give temperatures in C and F then other measurments should be given in the two formats or are we supposed to march in step like good little Europeans? I wouldn't have a clue if Ellis is right or wrong ,only that she annoys the hell out of me.

Sorry to bring this one up again, but I was still contemplating buying a couple of these (from Argos) and in the course of my research noticed this elsewhere on this site.

Surely these are no more than the old fashioned storage heaters which you turned on at night to build up the heat when electricity was cheaper and then used the stored heat during the day. They were pretty useless if I remember correctly!

Latest posts

Back