PS confused?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

gemcherub

Registered Shopper
I have used the personal shopper many times and on one occasion i gave the item code number and was told it had been scheduled to go on air so she needed to call and have it released, she called me back and i bought it no problem, but on one occasion she called to release the item then called me back and said sorry the won't release it because it is due on air in less than 24 hours!
So today Vicki Brown shows a Rhapsody Paraiba ring due to come up in the hour then 5 minutes later said sorry it has been sold by the Personal shopper?
Now i was told they couldn't sell/release items due to go to air within 24 hours?

The rules seem to change Gemcherub. I arranged last week with ps to have a pendant scheduled to go on air and I was given the time it was going to be shown (2pm) as I had to be out in the morning. I got home well in time but was still waiting at gone 4pm for it to be auctioned and when I phoned ps again I was told terribly sorry but someone texted in for it during the morning and the presenter brought it forward, so I lost out. :mad: The explanation given was that the presenters are on commission and will alter the schedule if they think they can sell an item. So that doesn't work either and I've given up now with the ps service. :pPC:

Gosh i didn't know the presenters were on commisson, no wonder Derek G moans so much about it being quite when he does the 12-4 shift lol!

Yes I was surprised to hear that too Gemcherub. However it does explain why the presenters are constantly begging for requets, but that doesn't work very well ether as I missed a necklace that didn't sell earlier and have since sent in 2 requests and both have been ignored. :rolleyes: :pPC:

Know the feeling Sue. Yesterday I emailed and emailed and was ignored! Oh well, if they don't want to sell ................. :grin:

Hi all, I have had good experiences from both the ps and emails to the studio.
I also was told that items could not be released for 24 hours. Perhaps they have changed their order processing system!

For those who missed the PT today with VB it's a stunner and better than any of the recent tat aired by R&C and TD!

6ct PT
0.75 ct diamonds
6 grams platinum

Price I think just below £3.5k

Sapphireblue

Attachments

• 633437  PT Stunning.jpg
    633437 PT Stunning.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 147
Thanks Sb but it wasn't that Paraiba it was a smaller one in the 12 pm hour i was talking about!
But that one was WOW X

Know the feeling Sue. Yesterday I emailed and emailed and was ignored! Oh well, if they don't want to sell ................. :grin:

now I know why they tell you when they can sell a piece!

I get fed up when they say ... 'if I havent mentioned your text/email its because we dont have the item in stock' ... how long though, are you supposed to sit and wait and see if they mention something?

its bloomin annoying!

The thing is Faerie that it was due to be auctioned and they said "if you want something bringing up the schedule let us know". I did and they didn't! After 1.30 hours I got bored and turned over anyway!

I get fed up when they say ... 'if I havent mentioned your text/email its because we dont have the item in stock' ... how long though, are you supposed to sit and wait and see if they mention something?

its bloomin annoying!
Well that's the whole point Faerie, if they bothered themselves to say they didn't have *it* I wouldn't have been so bliddy annoyed. :pPC:

the fact that the presenters get paid commission answers a lot of questions, but it brings up a whole lot more too!!

It would be interesting to know, if they do get paid on comission, who decides then what extra (requested) pieces they will show... anyone ever noticed if they bring more expensive items to air? but then how would we know?

It seems to me though, when I ask for specifics, I never get what I am really looking for .. if I ask for a cluster ring for under a specific amount, its always a whole lot over

if theres an (for example) under £100 hour, if you mail in and ask eg 'will you have a white gold bracelet for sale in the under £100 hour?', to me this means, you got white gold under £100? ... they say on air they will have what I am looking for ... then show a bloomin Iliana with 5cts of diamonds (have sat up until after 1am in the morning to have this happen to me!!)

and when they say 'I know you have a budget of £1000, and this is slightly over your budget (sometimes by at least £500) but it would be worth it .. ' is that the presenter being greedy? looking for more commission?

I know this post has veered away from the original topic .... but, if they ask for texts live, you go to the bother (and sometimes cost) to send one in.. and then they dont even bother answering

as for the PS service ... only had a good result once and that was when Jim answered my email .... had posted on the forum before about all the negative points I found with the service
I used to hear quite a lot though that they thought they had something in stock but PS had sold the last one ... or that they hadnt sold them all on air, they would bring something back, but now there are none left ... (does that mean the shopper then sold the last pieces, and how does that work if its late at night?)

I wish they would decide on a set of rules and stick to them ...

dont know about the rest of you but, if I have my heart set on something and they told me a time and then sold it out from under me, I would be fuming too ... its disappointing enough if you dont get in there in time on the live auction but for that to happen is soo unfair ...

dont they get that we love sparkles, they make us happy, when we get messed around we turn over, buy from elsewhere ?????

Latest posts

Back