Earrings

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Greenie

Addicted to bling
I haven't bought anything from the Jewellery Channel or Rocks & Co before, having only purchased from Gems TV, but I'm now looking for a pair of tanzanite round cut earrings. Please can you tell me if TJC and R&C accept earrings returns and are they sent to you so that you can see them properly (unlike Gems TV who package theirs in a thick plastic bag)?

Hi Greenie
TJC don't accept returns on earrings - they are not sent in plastic bags and Rocks and co do accept returns on earrings as they are sent in sealed plastic bags but not thick bags, hope this helps

No they are sent normally (i.e.just in a box) and you have to keep them whether you like them or not and that is why I no longer take a chance on buying earrings from TJC. :pPC:

I see they still haven't sorted that out then, must be missing out on sales, I would have thought they would have adopted the 'plastic bag' trick by now!

Personally, I don't understand why they don't actually let you try the earrings on and just cleanse them with an alcohol wipe when returned. Some fairly high-end jewellery stores in the US do this (and maybe the very high-end ones, but I've never tried anything on in those!), so it must be safe; knowing how litigious people in the US are, they wouldn't take any chances I'd have thought.

In my experience it is only this country that has this problem. any other country i visit lets me try on earrings, as you say you only need to cleanse them.

Davina

Personally, I don't understand why they don't actually let you try the earrings on and just cleanse them with an alcohol wipe when returned. Some fairly high-end jewellery stores in the US do this (and maybe the very high-end ones, but I've never tried anything on in those!), so it must be safe; knowing how litigious people in the US are, they wouldn't take any chances I'd have thought.

They do it here too, a friend and I tried earrings on in Tiffany & Co and they used wipes to clean them. ;)

I still think the bag idea is adequate for home purchases tho.

Personally, I would rather be able to try on earrings. I have very small earlobes and my ears are piereced low, so a lot of earrings tend to swing under the ear if that makes sense, especially if the posts are at the top. Without trying them on, I can't know for certain whether they will "sit" right, which results in my returning earrings to the channels that put them in bags to be on the safe side, when perhaps they would have been OK.

It puts me off buying earrings. I bought a pair of earrings a couple of years ago but in real life they didn't do it for me and I didn't like them. Luckily, shortly after buying them there was a product recall and I was asked to return them and they would give me a discount against a future purchase. At the time, I had not long bought an Iliana diamond ring, and there wasn't anything I particularly fancied, so they sent me a cheque for 20% discount retrospectively against the ring .... so I was a happy bunny.

Even thought it turned out well, I was nearly stuck with a £300 pair of earrings that I didn't like and so am put off buying anything other than plain studs.

It would be great if they would address this one day.

Hello there - had similar experience to Marble, bought earrings I liked about 18months ago, but they didn't sit right in my ears so never got worn. I have just had the posts removed and converted to shepherds hook, they look fantastic now but I could have done without the hassle and would have returned them at the time if possible. Will never take risk again with the more expensive items. The hygiene excuse is just that, they may think it's a good sales ploy but I would guess they lose more sales than they would gain if they changed the policy. Have complained directly but to no avail

Latest posts

Back