I'm hopping mad..discraceful intimidating action

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mirabelle

Registered Shopper
Well you can certainly tell Katherine is no longer in customer services!!!

I've just received a phone call from Charlie (One of the new CS ) saying the call was to remind me of a couple of items in my basket that expire tonight at midnight..as if i didnt know that already, I always wait for the one P&P
friday-sunday..I am still within my time frame to checkout, so after this call I was left feeling hounded, intimidated and humiliated..

If this is going to be the way forward for Rocks CS, making intimidating calls to put pressure on people to checkout.. I personally am shocked and appauled at this...and getting new CS to do it is even worse...

I am quite aware of the rules and regulations after all..

So as a protest at this appauling action and behaviour."! wont be checking out today as I had planned to.. I wont be bullied into buying!!!
I am not alone in letting things go past the 10 days either!!!!! ive done it a few times admittedly..

But in my opinion intimidating bullying reminder phone calls is not going to make me purchase the items quite the opposite infact...
although Charie was polite on the phone It was still a bullying intimidating action done on Rockstv's behalf.

Steve, Sarah, John, I do hope you read my post, as a long standing customer of Rockstv I feel that your customer service will no longer be Rockstv's assett
with this attitude.... the reminder emails are enough!!!

a vey upset Mirabelle :-(

(now awaiting the back lash from my post)

Hmmmmmm
lets hope that this isn't the shape of things to come. I have felt let down by Rocks' customer service over a number of months, but just thought that maybe I was unlucky & I hoped that they would still maintain their outstanding levels of customer care in the majority of cases (as their standards of customer service seem to have slipped to the same as other companies).

I have found the emails helpful in the past, as for this new phonecall thing it could have gone so differently if Charlie had said something like 'please check out between # & # to get one lot of p&p all weekend, & the items will be removed from #'

& as for the backlash??? you are entitled to your own opinions

Thanks Pepsi for your input...Dont know whats happened to the thank you button its gone!

Mirabelle x

Oh, no! That's awful, Mirabelle. I would be upset if that happened to me.

I honestly thought the wonderful Rocks TV would not go down the slippery slope. Please, Steve and Sarah, don't let it happen!

If you are still within your time frame for checking out baskets then i would take the call with a HUGE dose of salt! We all know the timeframes allowed and Rocks allso know the P+P Fri-Sun procedure too! I would email Steve or John asking if this will be a regular practise in the future, and if so i would vote with my feet. Ironically i was just looking at building a weekend order, my first in a little while, but seeing this post re CS i think i will reconsider.

Last edited:
Hi Mirabelle,

I hope you don’t mind me responding to this, but Steve is out of the country and Sarah and John are in meetings. I am sure that they will respond later on.

I’m very honoured that you appreciate the work that I have done in Customer Services, but I stepped out of the role of Customer Services nearly six months ago, and don’t feel that the standard of service has slipped. All the team, both old and new, have been doing an excellent job and providing the exact levels of service that Steve, Sarah and John expect.

I apologise if you felt the telephone call was intimidating, this was never our intention. Now we are growing, we have been making these calls on a daily basis and have been doing so for a month. We would never want to put any pressure on any of our customers, providing excellent standards of Customer Services is paramount to the whole team’s ethos.

The sole purpose of these calls is purely out of courtesy. We have a substantial number of customers who are very grateful for these calls as they have either forgotten that they need to check out or they are have had technical issues, which have meant they were unable to check out. We would never want a customer to be disappointed that an item has been automatically removed after the 10 days and then it has sold out, as we know how upsetting this can be.

I hope this goes some way to explain our reasoning behind these calls and I do hope that you do accept our apologies for this as we never intended to upset anyone.

If you do have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact me, my email address is [email protected] although I will only be available until Wednesday I’m afraid. Alternatively, Sarah is more than happy for you to email her directly and her email address is [email protected]

Many thanks,
Katherine

Mirabelle, I do understand why you are upset at the phone call. I think I would be a bit put out if I got that phone call but I would just have explained that I was waititng to check out later today in order to get the one P&P and have it delivered on Tuesday.

It sounds like Rocks are just trying a change of tactics in order to try and get people to checkout and not just leave things in their basket. It must be very frustrating for Rocks when they have people wanting an item but they can't get it because it is in someones basket and they know that there is a high chance that the basket will never be checked out.

What is it they say "you can't please everyone all the time"

I very much doubt it is anything to do with Katherine leaving, after all Jayne has been head of CS for quite some time now.

You asked about the "thanks" button, it had to be removed as it wasn't compatible with the upgrade that Graham had to do on the forum to get it back up and running.

Hi Mirabelle,

I hope you don’t mind me responding to this, but Steve is out of the country and Sarah and John are in meetings. I am sure that they will respond later on.

I’m very honoured that you appreciate the work that I have done in Customer Services, but I stepped out of the role of Customer Services nearly six months ago, and don’t feel that the standard of service has slipped. All the team, both old and new, have been doing an excellent job and providing the exact levels of service that Steve, Sarah and John expect.

I apologise if you felt the telephone call was intimidating, this was never our intention. Now we are growing, we have been making these calls on a daily basis and have been doing so for a month. We would never want to put any pressure on any of our customers, providing excellent standards of Customer Services is paramount to the whole team’s ethos.

The sole purpose of these calls is purely out of courtesy. We have a substantial number of customers who are very grateful for these calls as they have either forgotten that they need to check out or they are have had technical issues, which have meant they were unable to check out. We would never want a customer to be disappointed that an item has been automatically removed after the 10 days and then it has sold out, as we know how upsetting this can be.

I hope this goes some way to explain our reasoning behind these calls and I do hope that you do accept our apologies for this as we never intended to upset anyone.

If you do have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact me, my email address is [email protected] although I will only be available until Wednesday I’m afraid. Alternatively, Sarah is more than happy for you to email her directly and her email address is [email protected]

Many thanks,
Katherine

Hi Katherine,
Thanks for your input hun, and yes i know you've not been a part of CS for a good long while...and Jayne is fantastic...
But i still stand by what ive said, this telephone calling is intimidating and i still feel the majority of Rocks customers will not take kindly to being badgered..
I know rockstv is expanding and good luck with all that..
But this phone call approach to checkout is not the way forward, and as you say this approach is only a month old.. i think you'll find I'm not on my own in saying this approach to customers could be Rockstv's downfall.:(

Again sorry you are leaving Katherine! :)

Mirabelle

Hi Mira ... I'm so sorry you were upset and felt intimidated by this phone call. Maybe a quick look at your order history (if one is available) might've made the person think twice before ringing you.

I have to say I would really resent receiving a call of this nature. I always check out my basket but tend to leave it until the last possible minute just in case I see another "I can't live without this" item and can take advantage of the one P&P.

Reading Katherine's response I can sort of understand the reasoning behind the phone calls but I would still wouldn't like being on the receiving end and, I'm sorry to say, if it happens to me it could possibly put me off buying in the future.

Please Rocks ... stick to email reminders.

Last edited:
Hi Mirabelle,

Sorry I am coming in late to this but i have been in a meeting most of the morning.

I am absolutely mortified that you are so upset with us. You are absolutely right to be annoyed as we have made a cock up here!!

You should not have had a phonecall this is a mistake on our part, the CS call is supposed to be a gentle polite reminder for customers with over a certain £ amount in their basket and is designed to keep track of our one of a kind pieces which are expensive and very in demand.

So far we have taken a really relaxed view of our basket limits and have allowed customers to keep items in their baskets for long periods of time. This has caused us a lot of problems as we have had thousands of items which have been put into baskets and never checked out meaning that they can't be sold on the web and auction for over 10 days.

We try very very hard to keep all our customers happy and i do apologise that this has caused such a problem. I have had a meeting with our customer service team and everyone is very aware that CS calls are only to be made on specific occasions. Please rest assured that this won't happen again.

If there is anything I can do to make you feel happier about this please let me know

Regards

Sarah

Katherine/Sarah - a suggestion for moving this forward?

Not everybody appreciates a "reminder" phone call. From my point of view, I work in a highly pressurised environment and therefore any phone calls at work are an unwelcome intrusion. Similarly, when I'm at home, I'm at home and don't expect phone calls there either! The emails are enough (when I can actually get in to the Site to check out!!!). That's just my opinion and probably reflects 50% of your customers. The other 50% probably don't mind a phone calls so .........

How about having a tick box where somebody can indicate their preference to you? That way Rocks doesn't lose sales by potentially upsetting somebody and everybody wins?

Hope that helps.

Mirabelle - I'm wouldn't like a call either but why don't you ask Rocks not to phone you unless there's a problem with your order etc? Chin up hun. It's not good to see you upset as you're normally such a cheerie soul.

My lovely friend Mirabelle please don't take this the wrong way as I know people react differently to things, but I would actually have welcomed a reminder phone call a couple of times when I had something in my basket and did in fact forget to check out in time and subsequently lost it.

As you know, it's only recently that I have ventured back into the chat room which has meant me buying a lot more than I intended again but that's another story! Prior to this, I would pop on to the site occasionally and if I saw something I liked, I'd buy it. At the time I would have great intentions to go back in and add to my order for the combined P & P, but a couple of times I totally forgot and therefore lost the items. Had I received a quick call to remind me then I would have gone and checked out.

It may be different if you're a regular as you are, but for the more occasional customers and old and senile like me, I personally would welcome a call if I had forgotten.

Hope you're feeling better today Mirabelle x

Hi Mirabelle,

Sorry I am coming in late to this but i have been in a meeting most of the morning.

I am absolutely mortified that you are so upset with us. You are absolutely right to be annoyed as we have made a cock up here!!

You should not have had a phonecall this is a mistake on our part, the CS call is supposed to be a gentle polite reminder for customers with over a certain £ amount in their basket and is designed to keep track of our one of a kind pieces which are expensive and very in demand.

So far we have taken a really relaxed view of our basket limits and have allowed customers to keep items in their baskets for long periods of time. This has caused us a lot of problems as we have had thousands of items which have been put into baskets and never checked out meaning that they can't be sold on the web and auction for over 10 days.

We try very very hard to keep all our customers happy and i do apologise that this has caused such a problem. I have had a meeting with our customer service team and everyone is very aware that CS calls are only to be made on specific occasions. Please rest assured that this won't happen again.

If there is anything I can do to make you feel happier about this please let me know

Regards

Sarah

Hi Sarah,
Thank you for your post and explaination, I was mortified too to receive this call out of the blue,and for my husband to answer the phone when it rang I was left shame faced, my hubby wanted to know what was wrong with me.

I've been so upset all morning,I needed to let off steam here, however I do accept and thank you so much for your apologies Sarah and the reassurance it will not happen again!...
I will put this unfortunate and unintended incident behind me and move on
and put it to rest here and now.

Yours sincerely

Mary (Mirabelle)

Thanks, Sarah and Katherine - good to know that Rocks TV are, after all, still showing the same level of consideration for customers for which you've become famous. I don't know any other channel that would have responded so courteously.

Mirabelle requested this thread be closed now that things have been sorted out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back