tanzanite illiana vs rhapsody?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

cat

Registered Shopper
Hi all

just looking for advice i am in the market for a tanzanite cushion cut ring, i would like the tanzanite to be a blue rather than a violet color. I wonder is it worth paying extra for rhapsody - do you get a deeper color as some presenter say its aaaa but some say vivid to intense so the stone may be no better than illiana which is aaa minimum? Has anyone got a rhapsody tanzanite and what is their oppinion. I think TJC seems the best place for tanzy but would welcome any advice, its my first time on this forum eventhough i regularly read the posts and yee guys really know your stuff.

Thanks in advance :)

cat

Hello Cat and welcome to the forum. Afraid I'm not qualified to help you but it must be quite a nice
dilemma having to choose between Illiana and Rhapsody.

Am I right in thinking that Rhapsody pieces are usually set in Platinum, so I suppose you would possibly be looking at 18K WG as the alternative? I have noticed a variation in the saturation of blue tones in the Illiana range, whereas the Rhapsody always seems pretty intense......(and often in bigger carat weights?) I s'pose
it all depends on the size of stone you want and your budget. Wishing you good luck in your quest. :)

Hello Cat and welcome!

I have a Tanzanite rhapsody round cut ring 1.5ct and it's lovely. The colour saturation is vivid. I think my ring is very beautiful, of a very high quality set in platinum.

Go with your heart!

Sapphireblue

Hi Cat and welcome to the forum.

I believe TJC put their best stones into their Rhapsody Collection although the Iliana Collection is really good too. The diamonds in Rhapsody are normally VS quality and in Iliana they are SI quality. I would say you are definitely buying from the right place though as TJC are sightholders and do really have the best Tanzanite.

Good luck in getting your perfect ring and please post a pic when you get it.

Latest posts

Back