Converting a pendant into a ring

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Not an expert here, but I should have thought that was exceptionally unlikely, Greenie.

You could contact CS and ask? They may not know, but no harm in asking.

Hi Greenie, I have got this pendant and it is lovely, from what I can see it looks like it is fully finished off before it was set into the pendant, gold weight is really solid and gemstone good size think imho it would make a lovely ring, I love wearing it as a pendant. If you want to be 100% sure like Miss M said you could always check with gems over this.

There's absolutely no way that GemsTV CS will be able to tell you.

However, I have NEVER come across a lapidarist who would deliberately leave the sides of a gemstone unfaceted. It actually doesn't make sense and would make the gemstone incredibly difficult to set.

What you won't know (and there's no way that anybody can tell you) is whether the process of setting in a bezel has chipped the stone around the edge. This can happen (not very often) but there is always a slight risk. Putting it into perspective you would get that with any gemstone from anywhere. Settings often hide nicks and chips.

More importantly, the Zultanite (if it's good), must show a good colour shift and you won't know until you see it. Bear in mind that a bezel setting makes a gemstone darker so if you put this in a normal prong setting it is very likely that it will appear quite a bit lighter.

Thanks for all your replies. They've been very helpful. I notice that we can't leave thanks for any posts now?

Latest posts

Back