Is Gold & Ice CZ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

G

Graham

Guest Shopper
Just read on the coated thread that no mention is made on the Gold & Ice shows if it being man made.

I always remember the Late Steve Whatley saying "It doesn't matter what you call it, it is still CZ"

So is Gold and Ice just CZ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a diamond simulant (does say that in the item details) but I have no idea if it's a CZ or other man-made material.

In all honesty, if you stick any of these man made shite things next to a diamond, even somebody who needs bottle bottom glasses would know the difference.

It looks very overpriced as well, at least on Ideal World it"s CZ is a decent price.

QVC's Diamonique is CZ. Ideal World's Diamantaire is CZ. Sit-up's Diamonesque is CZ. In fact, correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm not aware that there exists any better synthetic diamond simulant than CZ, apart from very expensive things like moissanite.

Gold & Ice? Betcha it's CZ.

gold and ice - its not a diamond - coated or otherwise - its not topaz or quartz! lol the adverts always skirt around exactly what this is - i think they wont admit to it being some form of CZ - because at the end of the day the item is a created "gem", and then they know that they have lost it. In fact was watching yesterday, and noticed quite a few things, banners changed colour, also as I have pointed out Quality, Value for You! and the music has changed in some games - and it doesnt say "everybody snatched for ...blah blah pounds" at the end of the game. I think someone is trying to morph gems tv into another kind of selling prorgramme - perhaps they feel slightly under pressure from Rocks Tv - I dont know, but some of the jewellery gems has been selling - and the way it is being sold - i cant stand to watch for any longer than a few moments - the presenters are either screaming and shouting at you, or going in to total overexaggerate excitement - xx

CZ is the most common diamond simulant but there are other materials on the market such as leaded glass. Strontium Titanate used to be an alternative but I don't think it's seen much nowadays. YAG (ytrium aluminium garnet is seen a fair amount), colourless synthetic corundum, GGG (Gadolinium Gallium Garnet and of course Glass (sometimes called Paste). There's also something now that uses a CZ but infuses it with diamonds and the entire surface is coated with diamond.

So what are GemsTV using? No idea! I would think it's CZ but who knows, it could be a number of things.

It would be the most decent, and honest thing for gemstv to do, to admit to exactly what gold and ice is! before their credibility slips so far down that slippery slope! they will have no hope of being able to pick it up - I cant understand how they can go from hero to zero in one swift move - all that clap trap about Zirconium not to be confused with Cubic Zirconium - yes i am angry, because that old mantra has been instilled into us, that gemstv doesnt sell man made diamonds or costume jewellery! HYPERCRITES thats what they are! And yes, I am peeved to the point where I cant be bothered with them any more, I am peeved that they couldnt at any point in time mention that some of the gems, i.e Topaz and Diamonds are coated and treated, and that the rubies are filled and other stones have certain things done to them too - oh and that they cannot be ars*d to tell us exactly what gold and ice is! even though it costs more than a real diamond coated or otherwise, conflict free or otherwise! if they cant admit openly and honestly just what it is they are selling - then thats it i have lost all interest in them!!!!! - Rant over for today (can you tell I havent had much sleep last night? lol) xx

Last edited:
It would be the most decent, and honest thing for gemstv to do, to admit to exactly what gold and ice is! before their credibility slips so far down that slippery slope! they will have no hope of being able to pick it up - I cant understand how they can go from hero to zero in one swift move - all that clap trap about Zirconium not to be confused with Cubic Zirconium - yes i am angry, because that old mantra has been instilled into us, that gemstv doesnt sell man made diamonds or costume jewellery! HYPERCRITES thats what they are! And yes, I am peeved to the point where I cant be bothered with them any more, I am peeved that they couldnt at any point in time mention that some of the gems, i.e Topaz and Diamonds are coated and treated, and that the rubies are filled and other stones have certain things done to them too - oh and that they cannot be ars*d to tell us exactly what gold and ice is! even though it costs more than a real diamond coated or otherwise, conflict free or otherwise! if they cant admit openly and honestly just what it is they are selling - then thats it i have lost all interest in them!!!!! - Rant over for today (can you tell I havent had much sleep last night? lol) xx

I disagree. Their details say "diamond simulant". They honestly shouldn't have to do any more because that says it all. A simulant is a man-made item. If it's glass will it be more expensive than a CZ? No.

Cubic Zirconia is man-made crap - Zircon is a natural gemstone (not man made) and is a very beautiful gemstone that comes in a range of colours so they are right to say to the viewers not to confuse the two.

However, this is very very very different from coatings and treatments. Be careful because you're confusing everything here. Get some sleep!!!!! :)

Last edited:
Whenever I've seen Gold 'n Ice, its been made very clear that it's a simulant, and the coated topaz has been explained on numerous occasions. I think times being what they are we have to accept that a certain amount of junk jewellery wll be appearing and maybe just go with the flow and treat it simply as fun jewellery. Current Gems is not the old Gems and we can't change that, but it's important we don't cloud the real issue of deceptive treatments by using Gems as a whipping boy on other matters. If we do this the really serious problems with diamond colouration and gemstone filling, etc. will simply be ignored as just another gripe. xxxxxxxxxxx

I have now watched the hour and a half Gold and Ice show and the way it is sold as AAA diamond simulant and from Hatton Garden and best diamond simulant to me makes it very important.

They don"t look any better than Ideal World"s, QVC"s or bid tv so why are they so over hyped and so expensive.

Graham that's just hype and an attempt to get more money I'm afraid. A simulant is a simulant at the end of the day. They will never recreate the beauty of a diamond :(

Arge - well said mate.

I have now watched the hour and a half Gold and Ice show and the way it is sold as AAA diamond simulant and from Hatton Garden and best diamond simulant to me makes it very important.

They don"t look any better than Ideal World"s, QVC"s or bid tv so why are they so over hyped and so expensive.

This is so typical of Gems tv, everything they do is OTT, they fail to ever sell any of their goods without hanging on to someone elses trouser leg, wether it be DeBeers, Tiffany & Co, Boodles ect.... now they are just following IW,QVC bid tv ect....but of course theirs is better :rolleyes:

Watching the Gold and Ice show tonight and still confused is it CZ? Is if better than duamonique, diamontaire it certainlly is very expensive for a FAKE DIAMOND.

I watched for a few minutes yesterday and thought the same, Graham, in that it is very expensive for what is [probably] CZ.

not according to Adina! :mysmilie_11:

it's THE best on the the planet & is AAA PLUS grade, whereas other outlets will only have A grade (or even less)....eh?

my gob was well & truly smacked watching her last night, made me :mysmilie_73: for a moment or three!

it's THE best on the the planet & is AAA PLUS grade, whereas other outlets will only have A grade (or even less)....eh?

my gob was well & truly smacked watching her last night, made me :mysmilie_73: for a moment or three!

:mysmilie_348: i agree its the prices that they are asking for this, and afterall it is a man made stone - just like that moissanite - and i am sorry - but when that comes up, it sticks out like a sore thumb as being man made - you can tell - i think its also the very OTT settings that they are put in - sorry but I will not pay those expensive OTT prices for something which when all is said and done is manmade - and i keep saying this - but Matt McNamara and his monologues about the difference between a Zircon and Cubic Zirconia - and you dont see those on the gemstv anymore, do you?

I suppose they dont want to remind themselves at how you go from crowing about being the ONLY channel that sells REAL Gemstones - to a channel that will sell anything from man made diamonds to faux crystals and celebrity endorsed jewellery.

:mysmilie_61:HA! Well it wouldn't be the first time they had made up a grading system simply to sell stuff! They are just like second hand car salesmen! :mysmilie_81:

Just read on the coated thread that no mention is made on the Gold & Ice shows if it being man made.

I always remember the Late Steve Whatley saying "It doesn't matter what you call it, it is still CZ"

So is Gold and Ice just CZ?

I just did a quick search for eq jewellery, and guess what? Lots of references to Ideal World's Diamantaire range. Who'd 've thought it - lol. xxxxxxxx

Latest posts

Back