PDA

View Full Version : Bidding on all items?

sandy
02-08-2008, 03:39 PM
I noticed that one or two members of Rocks bid on all items when they first appear at midnight.
So what happens if they win them all? I know that is very unlikely to happen but as I understand it you can only have two items in your basket at any one time without checking out.

Just wondering and thought I would ask:)

Pepsidoodle
02-08-2008, 03:43 PM
This is my guess of an answer.....
& I'm assuming that they manage to get everything at 0...

I think they would need to be watching & checkout items two at a time as the items were closed (paying postage etc), and then the magic order combining hapens so they get the lot for just one lot of P&P - 5.95

Ot at least that's what I woudl hope for - although not sure what would happen if they weren't watching & couldn't checkout as the lots ended.....

I hope this makes sense!

sandy
02-08-2008, 03:49 PM
Thanks PD - didn't think of that:)

Good tactics but even the lure of some great bargains wouldn't be enough for me to go to all that trouble.

harmony
05-08-2008, 01:40 PM
Think peopel prob bid to try and get mega bargains - although i have personally never seen anything go at 1 or 2. :)

blueshowbizz
05-08-2008, 02:40 PM
Hi Sandy and :welcome:

I saw a couple of things go for 0 last weekend while Steve and Barry were trying to get used to the new system - I wan't quick enough though :D

Perhaps they are waiting for another mishap so they can grab a bargain.

harmony
05-08-2008, 03:14 PM
well done to the people who got freebies

Pepsidoodle
05-08-2008, 06:58 PM
I managed to get a freebie - so will get a bid in quickly from time to time, just in case I get lucky again lol :D

blueshowbizz
06-08-2008, 12:37 AM
I managed to get a freebie - so will get a bid in quickly from time to time, just in case I get lucky again lol :D

Was it you that got the free gem bracelet Pepsidoodle?

Pepsidoodle
06-08-2008, 07:53 PM
Nope not me. I got one of the silver & pearl necklaces. The one that looks like a load of D's with the pearl on the straight bit

PearlyQueen
06-08-2008, 11:45 PM
Good question! No idea of the answer though!