What's Worse - Porkies or Ignorance

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

jacqualina

Registered Shopper
I've just heard Nick say that 'I thought these were diamonds when I first saw them' as he was selling 3.106ct ice zircon earrings.
Now, is he being economical with the truth or can he really still not tell the difference between diamonds and zircons after all his years selling jewellery?
Come to think of it, which one would you own up to? I don't think I could choose. I would hate to sink to tellling porkies just to make a sale, but I'd also be really reluctant to own up to being completely incompetent and ignorant as well. Tricky one this!

One cannot know everything so ignorance can always be expected............and indeed sometimes ignorance can truly be bliss!!

However......knowingly telling a porkie,especially when you work in sales,is a no no:mysmilie_81:

Even if things go wrong,if you are honest with customers you have shown them at least some courtesy and respect.

I can admit to being an ignorant fool but at least I'm an honest one:mysmilie_17:

One cannot know everything so ignorance can always be expected............and indeed sometimes ignorance can truly be bliss!!

However......knowingly telling a porkie,especially when you work in sales,is a no no:mysmilie_81:

Even if things go wrong,if you are honest with customers you have shown them at least some courtesy and respect.

I can admit to being an ignorant fool but at least I'm an honest one:mysmilie_17:

Well said Sweetpea I totally agree with you. Except for the last part of course - you are definitely NOT an ignorant fool! :mysmilie_12:

Anyone working in Jewellery Sales who says they thought an Ice Zircon was a Diamond is most definitely lying! Sadly some of the presenters we are subjected to nowadays don't think twice about blatantly lying through their teeth with the sole purpose of deceiving the viewers - not only on Gems TV but on a daily basis on one of the other channels. I won't mention their name but one of the worst offenders is a certain Ms Lindsay :mysmilie_34: formerly of Gems TV funnily enough!

I agree with you Klos. I've been away on holiday without a tv or regular internet access and I didn't miss it at all. Now on my return I find all the sales spiel irritating and the blatant lies are really annoying - I thought they were diamonds, my foot!
Of course you are right sweetpea, genuine ignorance is better than deliberate lies. Steering clear of the truth just to make a sale seems to be getting more and more common and is really not acceptable, something that Nick and other presenters should try to remember a bit more often.

Latest posts

Back