Ian Gardener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

L

Lee Jones

Guest Shopper
Talk about sending new Freeview viewers to sleep on a Friday evening :mysmilie_61:

Not only is he bland, but does he really have any product knowledge?

It was no suprise a bargain set of pearls failed to sell one pair when he barely had a word to say about them - instead spending 2 minutes rambling about what was coming up...

Not my favourite presenter either, it has to be said... his personality and approach just don't seem to "fit" jewellery. I can imagine him being great at selling DIY gadgets or things for cars!

...yes I'm a relative newcomer to TJC and I noticed the long silences too. There's loads to say about pearls as well. Perhaps his mind's on Xmas shopping...!

I wouldn't call Ian bland, annoyingly shouty...yes. :mysmilie_701: The only TJC presenter I have to mute. :mysmilie_81:

Awwwwwwwwww poor Ian!

I've always thought he was an odd choice to sell jewellery (I can see him selling and getting enthusiastic about gadgets etc) but I do like him. He's been at TJC for years and you very rarely hear anything negative about him so he must be doing something right!

Pre TJC...wasn't Ian working on a channel selling foreign holiday packages? He has always seemed
imho a bit 'awkward' selling jewellery and why does he always stand side on when presenting??
:mysmilie_1532:

Pre TJC...wasn't Ian working on a channel selling foreign holiday packages? He has always seemed
imho a bit 'awkward' selling jewellery and why does he always stand side on when presenting??
:mysmilie_1532:

He does stand side on doesn't he, it must be his best profile :mysmilie_61:

I watched this on Friday and do feel that this was an opportunity lost for TJC. Many Freeviewers would have tuned in for this and be expecting Rocks & Co - for many such people Rocks & Co will be the only jewellery channel they have seen (and this is how R&C imo have got away with high prices, low quality etc for so long...there has been no other option available to these people on their TV (except Bid/QVC etc - the TJC morning slot is not the most accessible time for buying jewellery for many - 10pm is) - and is probably why R&C have taken the decision to ditch Sky...) so what TJC should have done is put out their most talkative, enthusiastic and knowledgable presenter, start the show with a really good deal that R&C could never do and then focus on, without actually mentionning R&C, the things that TJC does "better", i.e

- Tanzanite quality and price
- The sterling silver collection and associated prices ("genuine gemstones for £9.99 - where else have you seen gemstones like this for a price that low?")
- The quality of some of their gemstones (e.g Apatite - R&C bang on about the rarity of Neon Blue Apatite and how it is only available in very small carat weights, whereas TJC have "Paraibe Apatite", large sizes and much lower cost)
- The fact that a pendant includes a chain
- The much longer money back guarrantee both in terms of christmas and in general
- The greater interactivity element - including the text number not being premium rate!
- The fact that John Scott is shortly joining the company

And so on - but NOT mentionning R&C. As it was it was a bit of a snoozefest with the silences and the lack of anything particularly engaging. Subsequent nights have been better, but this was somewhat of an opportunity missed. So much so I turned over to R&C at midnight for Vickys familiar ramblings!

A shame.

Last edited:
I like Ian Gardner One of my fav presenters.
When working I always watch the 10pm-2am slot.
Am disappointed when he is not on
Great now on Freeview at 10pm. I get home from work just after 10pm and its great I can now watch in kitchen whilst I feed my 4 animals
Would be great if on Freeview all day! So annoying when goes off at 12midday

I like Ian Gardner One of my fav presenters.
When working I always watch the 10pm-2am slot.
Am disappointed when he is not on
Great now on Freeview at 10pm. I get home from work just after 10pm and its great I can now watch in kitchen whilst I feed my 4 animals
Would be great if on Freeview all day! So annoying when goes off at 12midday

Hi Dainty Daisy ,, I have to agree with you.. I like Ian Gardener presenting too.. I have always loved his shows.. he has a style of his own (bit scary sometimes) but hey ho.. so entertaining!

PS. Wot 4 animals do you have?? Sounds very exciting!!

I was lucky enough to meet him at the TJC open day .. he is a sweetheart!

Latest posts

Back