Scarflace appreciation thread!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

merryone

Registered Shopper
Probably won't get many lookers...but I feel it's time for me to big up the good old scarflace!

When I first saw them on QVC a few years back, I thought they were horrible, as the ones she showed were usually shiny, and in pastel peach, or green, or worse still peach and green together, pale pinks, yellows and at the other end of the spectrum the downright gaudy, cerise pinks, mixed with royal blue and gold, that godawful gold nautical knots on black look..hideous gold filigree ends, and that revolting clip you could buy with a cabochon of the same fabric...NOOOOOOOO!

As I said in an earlier thread, I acquired a scarflace by accident, I'd bought a black weekend bag and it had one thrown in as an extra. It was a leopard print one, and I used to wear it with a denim jacket and it looked alright. What I really liked about it was that the clips made sure that it never fell off, and scarves are always something you lose. Then in a fit of peak, I ordered an entire set of scarflaces, and noticed that she'd started using silver ends instead of the hideous goldtone, there was a lot more fabric in them, and most of them....in fact there was only one truly nasty one, were gorgeous..especially a dark purple one embellished with sequins....It literally transformed a really boring black dress I had, just by slinging around my neck and letting it hang down. I know it probably sounds like Moira has paid me to say all this, but really, they are new and improved and I really love the look of the velvet ones with the burn out designs. The magnetic clips look much better, and are much easier to do up. I wish she'd make the metal bits where the fabric attach a little bit plainer, unfortunately they're still filigree. Also that she dropped the prices a little. Her designs are getting better..still waiting for her to do a red/cream polka dot combo, or brown/cream polka dot, or black/cream polka dot....I love polka dots me!!!!

I think they've come a long way since the early days where you'd just look like you're running late for a WI meeting, or off to judge the biggest cucumber in the county show.....seriously folks a well chosen scarflace will be your best friend lol!.....I am actually serious

My mother likes them. I bought her a nice scarf from Avon, (I wont order from IW) not a bad price.

Probably won't get many lookers...but I feel it's time for me to big up the good old scarflace!

When I first saw them on QVC a few years back, I thought they were horrible, as the ones she showed were usually shiny, and in pastel peach, or green, or worse still peach and green together, pale pinks, yellows and at the other end of the spectrum the downright gaudy, cerise pinks, mixed with royal blue and gold, that godawful gold nautical knots on black look..hideous gold filigree ends, and that revolting clip you could buy with a cabochon of the same fabric...NOOOOOOOO!

As I said in an earlier thread, I acquired a scarflace by accident, I'd bought a black weekend bag and it had one thrown in as an extra. It was a leopard print one, and I used to wear it with a denim jacket and it looked alright. What I really liked about it was that the clips made sure that it never fell off, and scarves are always something you lose. Then in a fit of peak, I ordered an entire set of scarflaces, and noticed that she'd started using silver ends instead of the hideous goldtone, there was a lot more fabric in them, and most of them....in fact there was only one truly nasty one, were gorgeous..especially a dark purple one embellished with sequins....It literally transformed a really boring black dress I had, just by slinging around my neck and letting it hang down. I know it probably sounds like Moira has paid me to say all this, but really, they are new and improved and I really love the look of the velvet ones with the burn out designs. The magnetic clips look much better, and are much easier to do up. I wish she'd make the metal bits where the fabric attach a little bit plainer, unfortunately they're still filigree. Also that she dropped the prices a little. Her designs are getting better..still waiting for her to do a red/cream polka dot combo, or brown/cream polka dot, or black/cream polka dot....I love polka dots me!!!!

I think they've come a long way since the early days where you'd just look like you're running late for a WI meeting, or off to judge the biggest cucumber in the county show.....seriously folks a well chosen scarflace will be your best friend lol!.....I am actually serious

How much? :mysmilie_17:

How much? :mysmilie_17:

I'm quite happy to evangelise about the "lace" for nowt!!! Mind you, if she wants to chuck a few quid my way, I'd be more than happy to receive it!

I also have a further confession to make, but yes, I actually went out wearing it as a blouse front....I think I got away with it! I wore it under a plain black belted shirt and a short denim skirt, thick black tights and uggs. Still don't worry about me folks I promise I will NEVER EVER twist one round and wear it like a necklace, nor will I EVER wear one over my bonce with sunglasses perched on the top. You can also rest assured that I will NEVER buy into the itsacrap chiffon trousers lark.....now they are horrible, as are most of her bags.

Dunno what it is with our Moira, but her stuff would be a lot nicer if she didn't go in for tacky gold trimmings!

Thank you for this appreciation thread! I have posted many times in praise of the scarflace - I have lots and they are really lovely. I love the new magnetic ends and they are well made using good quality fabrics. I know that some people find the notion of wearing a scarflace hilarious but I say give them a try, I think you might like them!

Ordered the Moira C set thsi pm for 19.99 (3 scarflaces and the brooch/clip set). Seemed like good value even with the high postage -and I've found if there are any colours I don't like I can usually sell them on ebay for more than I pay for them anyway.

Bought a 3 set before and sold two which covered the cost of the one I kept.

I have also started to wear then twisted like necklace - but usually under a shirt if I'm cold. I'm quite a fan of Moira C too and like the purses as well. Although whether that is cos I'm stuck in bed a lot and thats my only avenue of shopping and getting a 'treat' I don't know.

I actually liked the equestrian design - but not in black but the red - nice with the gold sparkle thread through it - although must admit theyarn't always what you wexpect when you get them in your hand - sometimes better sometimes worse. Wearing the red/black/white leopard type today in honour of Xmas week! Bought the three red ones a few weeks back and sold the other two. Hav ealso picked up a navy one on ebay - quite a good place to look - but lots of people pay more than if they ordered off Ideal World. I only ever buy the multi packs.

Also had two I didn't like once and sent back to Moira C and replaced with other patterns - no problem - great custoer service - which is rare tese days -a d she's entertainigto watch - thoguh i think I've seen the scarves and bag shows so much could do the script myself now!!

Well had my three plus acarf clip today 24th. Not sure what tot hink - ornage one has mismatched gold ends and the leaopard adfawn one have silver - where i woud expect gold. Also the clip seems too small to pull scarf throguh for pussy boq - but will try again later.

Sorry for all the typos above - but have retreed the gold scarf pin and it seems too small for the scarf to go through - made better pussy-bows with large rings. Quite disappointed with this set really

It's a different style clip now isn't it?
If it's the one I'm thinking of, Moira seemed to have trouble doing a pussy bow on a recent show I watched....it looked like she was really having to yank the scarf through and I sat there waiting for her to rip the scarf!

Yes its the three sided spirit one (not the new rose design) - would have to really yank it through - and don't think it would go anyway - only goes about half-way through.

Latest posts

Back