Lines Closed

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

G

Graham

Guest Shopper
Watching bid tv, am just apalled at the "lines are closed" thing they keep doing, yet all the time keeping the £1.47 a call number on screen, throbbing may I add, why it is throbbing if lines are closed is just plain crazy. I know the strap goes along the bottom but so many different signals being sent out.

Why don"t they just open the lines when they show the product?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even worse web buyers can buy while lines are closed, makes no sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They really don’t care about people dropping in early anymore before the price drops!
But then again its not like the traditional days of where, it doesn’t matter where any one drops in as every one pays the lowest price when the last one in sets the price,
Now days its, hold the lines, get all the money from people ringing in, then open the phone lines with the product at the price which makes them enough profit, then time out selling about 50%
Shame on Sit-up really
Sit-up were never a company to listen to us on here or copy other channels, yet it was the last one to get a clock!

They are doing it to boost profits!! all the people who don't realise the lines are closed ring up and get charged even though they can't actually buy it's an underhand tactic and shouldn't be allowed!

I would never use the phone lines on the sit up channels to buy products, as they are a rip-off, and the whole lines closed fiasco is a greedy money grabbing ploy. It’s a shame as it penalises people who can’t purchase via the internet.

They’d probably say they do it to give everyone a chance to watch the demo, and then call in. Seems pointless to me.

They should be made to refund the call costs of those people they rip-off. As just say someone calls in early and doesn’t get through, then calls again and manages to secure their purchase they’ve already spent £3, before you take into account the cost of the product and the p&P.

As far as I am concerned this should be treated as illegal behaviour and would be far more frowned upon if it was a competition on one of the main 5 channels! There is no excuse for not hiding the telephone number when lines are closed. Actually come to think of it, there is also no excuse for the genuinly extortionate phone call and p&p charges - its legalised robbery.

I think they are all just a bunch of shisters!

Latest posts

Back