Sapphire treatments

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

MissMagpie

If it sparkles - grab it
Does anyone know what treatments TJC use in their multi-coloured sapphires?

Thanks!

I've no idea but i did ask the personal shopper about treatments to a ring i ordered from her once and she asked the buyers and got back to me!

I asked them about a gold fancy sapphire bracelet that was on this morning, and was told that the sapphires were NOT diffused, only heated.

I didn't buy it because I really couldn't afford it and I wasn't totally in love with it, but that's good to know anyhow.

I saw that braceley MM and it was very pretty but I wouldn't have paid £1499 for it either.

MissM you most DEFINITELY need to check this out further. Natural (or just heated) sapphires cost a bundle and will ALWAYS be marketed as being natural. I doubt very very very much that TJC's sapphires (looking at their price points and colour matching) are just heated. In fact I'd wager a good few quid that the information you've been given is wrong. You need to ask if they are either lattice diffused or beryllium diffused and you need to insist they ask their buyers.

Not one shopping channel sells natural sapphires. They simply can't afford to do it. Think about how long it would take to colour match just 2 natural heated sapphires? Look at prices on www.thenaturalsapphirecompany.com to see what natural/heated sapphires sell at. Ok, NSC are reasonably pricey BUT this gives you an indication.

Sorry but I have a feeling you've been spun a loads of cods.

Well, I must say I did wonder, Meesh - so thanks for the heads up. (I didn't buy it, anyway.)

They've got a loose 2ct blue sapphire on now. Certified as "natural" complete with IGI cert and it's £875.

I emailed TJC to clarify and they have replied stating that they have contacted their buyers and "can confirm that the Sapphires that we provide are only subjected to a simple heat treatment unless otherwise stated".

So, looks like rather than the prices being high they are in fact excellent for Natural Sapphires which are only heat treated. Now everyone can make an educated choice - buy from the likes of Rocks & Co where everything is highly treated or pay an excellent price from TJC for the real thing!

Good to know and thank you for replying so quickly TJC :mysmilie_82:

If that's true, it makes some of the silver sapphire pieces the bargain of the century!

Sorry KB but I don't think they've given you the correct information.

For example, I bought a silver/platinum coated bracelet with 8ct (I think) of sapphires for £149! That's absolutely impossible to do with just natural heated sapphires. The colour matching alone would take an eon.

Does anybody have Del Gibbon's email addy? He will know and will answer truthfully.

Seriously, they are all BE diffused - I'd put money on it.

Unless they're meaning in their Iliana pieces but I don't know why they'd think that's what I was asking as I didn't specify a range. I have seen some beautiful Iliana Pink Sapphire pieces which I think are natural going by the prices but Meeshoo as always you are right enough about the silver/platinum coated pieces.

Well they really need to get this checked out because I now have it in writing that they are only heated unless otherwise stated.

Meeshoo, you can probably contact Derek through his own website.

Just noticed I've had another email from TJC saying "Further to this, we are able to provide our Sapphires at such affordable prices because we source them as rough stones and cut and polish them ourselves".

I've just had a VERY long phone call with a lovely man at TJC. He understood the concerns about the sapphire treatment and is going to go straight to "those in power" to make sure we get the correct advice on treatment to the sapphires. He said that if they are BE or lattice diffused, he will see that a general statement (on air) or for the future is available. I've known this gentleman for several years and know that he will do everything he can to progress this so let's keep our fingers crossed!

In the meantime, I managed to snatch a 16ct pear cut multi coloured sapphire bracelet today for £99 so I can always have it tested myself! If these are natural then this will be absolute bargain of the century! If they're BE treated it's still a phenomenally good price in any case!

I've just had a VERY long phone call with a lovely man at TJC. He understood the concerns about the sapphire treatment and is going to go straight to "those in power" to make sure we get the correct advice on treatment to the sapphires. He said that if they are BE or lattice diffused, he will see that a general statement (on air) or for the future is available. I've known this gentleman for several years and know that he will do everything he can to progress this so let's keep our fingers crossed!

In the meantime, I managed to snatch a 16ct pear cut multi coloured sapphire bracelet today for £99 so I can always have it tested myself! If these are natural then this will be absolute bargain of the century! If they're BE treated it's still a phenomenally good price in any case!

Do you have a pic & a code pls Meesh?

Thanks Meeshoo, it would be good to have this clarified. Won't affect me now though because since I've read that Caroline Lindsay is going there they have dropped to rock bottom in my opinion and I would prefer to deal with companies who have some degree of integrity even if it costs me more money, it's worth it!

Do you have a pic & a code pls Meesh?

Sorry - no. I pushed the buy button so quick I didn't think of getting the code and once it's in your order history the code doesn't show any more - only the order reference.

Found it in their shop. It's item 637942 but no idea how to do a link that works with the picture. The only thing I don't like is the lobster claw clasp but as it's 7.75" long I'm going to remove the lobster claw and insert a slide in thingy under the end links so the clasp is hidden and will (hopefully) be a more wearable length!

Last edited:
Sorry - no. I pushed the buy button so quick I didn't think of getting the code and once it's in your order history the code doesn't show any more - only the order reference.
You can see the item details Meesh if you click on the + symbol next to the order no. :)

Found it in their shop. It's item 637942 but no idea how to do a link that works with the picture. The only thing I don't like is the lobster claw clasp but as it's 7.75" long I'm going to remove the lobster claw and insert a slide in thingy under the end links so the clasp is hidden and will (hopefully) be a more wearable length!

Here ya go hon https://www.thejewellerychannel.tv/popups/viewdetail.aspx?StockCode=637942

Thanks Sue and Meeshoo - very nice indeed.

Was tempted earlier to ring up & ask for one but have just bought a lovely ring :mysmilie_374: from PP, so will have to be a good girl now. :mysmilie_701::mysmilie_701::mysmilie_701:

Latest posts

Back