Tacky? Much?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

P

PrincessRacer

Guest Shopper
So I have just flicked over to Gems and am apalled to see that they are peddling some real tat today....14K gold PLATED Austrian Crystal and FAUX pearl item no. UQB8349 necklace and ear ring set.

So basically slightly posher than glass and bits of plastic made to look like pearls....for £49.99!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARE YOU KIDDING????????????????? You can get something decidedly similar in Claire's Accessories for a tenner!!!

....oh and I don't know who the bird is presenting, but she was talking about the ear rings and was waxing lyrical (as they do), and she finished off saying ".....and you get both of these!" As opposed to what? The new Gems range where you have to buy each one seperately?!?

In the words of my dear Momma...YUCKY TUCKY!!!!!

So I have just flicked over to Gems and am apalled to see that they are peddling some real tat today....14K gold PLATED Austrian Crystal and FAUX pearl item no. UQB8349 necklace and ear ring set.

So basically slightly posher than glass and bits of plastic made to look like pearls....for £49.99!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARE YOU KIDDING????????????????? You can get something decidedly similar in Claire's Accessories for a tenner!!!

....oh and I don't know who the bird is presenting, but she was talking about the ear rings and was waxing lyrical (as they do), and she finished off saying ".....and you get both of these!" As opposed to what? The new Gems range where you have to buy each one seperately?!?

In the words of my dear Momma...YUCKY TUCKY!!!!!

:mysmilie_82: :mysmilie_61:

I have seen Liv presenting a faux pearl and austrian crystal earrings and necklace set on Deals on Wheels - :mysmilie_34: I mean Deals of the Day - probably sell better if it was Mr. Russell, standing on the corner with his ego and his suitcase! :mysmilie_61: I had to smile at Liv flogging this crap! It is so totally OTT it looks like something that has been dragged, literally off the stage setting of Dynasty or Dallas - it looks every inch of being custome jewellery - i wouldnt pay 49 pence for it, let alone £49.00!!!
Its cheap and tacky, and yes, you can buy better from accessorize and other shops in a mall.

It would be easier to stick £1.00 in the machine, alongside bubblegum machines, in amusement arcades - where you can get a real piece of gemstone!! Ok it may be only for kids - but for £1.00, for a real piece of crystal quartz, or amerthyst - they may not be huge - probably the size of a jelly tot - but doesnt that say something? :mysmilie_17:

Latest posts

Back