Finally - Milano Bracelet - Oh Dear Me!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Dingbat

Registered Shopper
Well, I finally got the two bracelets I'd ordered - to arrive before Christmas - unfortunately the DPD man couldn't get through the snow.

However, they will both have to go back. They are TINY!!! I haven't got big hands or wrists - all the bangles have fitted me - but these are really tight - both going over my hand and on my wrist. I was really surprised by this - I thought they were going to be a bit bigger than that, and I can guarantee that there will be LOADS of people who can't even get them over their hands.

I was going to buy the bracelet from somewhere else before all this, and I am def going to have to do something like that now. I have masses of charms to put on them (for my two daughters).

Things do sometimes kick you in the b*tt sometimes when you least expect it.

Sorry Steve and Sarah, I think these are a bit of a let down, and I honestly can't think that you're very happy with them either.

:mysmilie_81: :mysmilie_73:

What a shame Dingbat, hope your DD's weren't too disappointed. I'm sure your comments will be taken on board by Rocks.

Sorry to hear this Dingbat I must admit I was not tempted by the charms as I have large hands and wrists 8" minimum, so never thought the braclets would fit me comfortably but quite surprised they dont fit normal folks with average wrists you must be disappointed especially after waiting for so long and wanting them for presents

I agree Dingbat the bracelets are very disappointing. They really are tiny and generally the look and feel of them are not the quality I would have expected from Rocks. So mine are going back too.

I haven't seen these bracelets but if they're the same as the ones I've got you also have to buy a bracelet much bigger than you would normally wear because once the charms are on, it makes them much smaller. I have 6" wrists and had to buy a 7.5" bracelet and I've also got an 8". So if they're small to begin with, you have no chance.

I haven't seen these bracelets but if they're the same as the ones I've got you also have to buy a bracelet much bigger than you would normally wear because once the charms are on, it makes them much smaller. I have 6" wrists and had to buy a 7.5" bracelet and I've also got an 8". So if they're small to begin with, you have no chance.

The Milano ones are stretchy sweetie style bracelets.

Hi Everyone,

I am really sorry that you aren't happy with the bracelets. These were our first batch and we do have a larger 7.5" and 8" coming early Jan. I am very sad to hear that you aren't happy with the quality as they are around 30 grams in weight and heavily rhodium plated too.

The Milano charms were designed to clip onto most bracelets, whether bought from us or any other retailer so hopefully this won't have caused too much of problem with regards to getting hold of bracelets to put the charms onto.

Again I am very sorry but as always will take the feedback on board.

Regards

Sarah

I saw these bracelets on air and was disappointed but was hoping they would be better IRL - You can all make your own. Just order some silver rings and put them on a stretchy!

Hi Everyone,

I am really sorry that you aren't happy with the bracelets. These were our first batch and we do have a larger 7.5" and 8" coming early Jan. I am very sad to hear that you aren't happy with the quality as they are around 30 grams in weight and heavily rhodium plated too.

The Milano charms were designed to clip onto most bracelets, whether bought from us or any other retailer so hopefully this won't have caused too much of problem with regards to getting hold of bracelets to put the charms onto.

Again I am very sorry but as always will take the feedback on board.

Regards

Sarah

No-one said they were rhodium plated, they were sold as Sterling Silver no mention of plating.

Hi Sazza,

The details are obviously wrong on the system. They are very much rhodium plated.

Regards

Sarah

Hi Sarah
Hope you had a good xmas! anymore news as to when you are online again?
I typed in www.rocks.tv and managed to speak to live helps sophie and also to see Andrew had said hello in chat to try it out, but unfortunately no one can sign in as yet...
We are all missing our bling fix please hurry back :)

Mirabelle xx

The Milano ones are stretchy sweetie style bracelets.

Aaaaah gotcha! Why would you put charms on those? The stretchy bit will be a bit pushed to hold them! I've got a couple of sweetie style bracelets (like the Links of London ones) and wouldn't put more than one or two charms on them at best AND if they're heavy charms, I wouldn't put any on at all.

Agree with all comments made above. Received mine having bought the charms to go on it. Paid £45 which was more than I expected and was extremely disappointed with the bracelet. It is small, the colour was naff (I now know that is probably due to the plating) and generally was not worth what I paid for it despite the 29g of silver. Had I known it was plated, which was not mentioned by Jamie at auction, I would not have touched it with a barge pole. I am of the opinion that silver does not need plating, a personal view. In my opinion, with this amount of silver, a secure and long lasting bracelet could have been made which was more suitable for charms. I also agree that you cannot put many charms on this style. I thought this design was a total let down and would not be surprised to find it is a Viorelli, of which I also have a low opinion regarding quality and value for money, although I do like the designs.

Given that Argos do exactly the same style for £19.99, slightly lighter in weight but bigger in size, this does Rocks no favours. It also did not come in the pouch as advertised, I have not heard of anyone who did receive the pouch. Of course, poor Meredth is still waiting for hers as her Christmas Order, checked out in time etc, is still sat in Rocks vault!! What a let down for Christmas!

It is not a matter of taste, in my opinion nor is it a case of "we have been spoilt by Rocks prices etc". Those of us who have been with Rocks for a long time know we get value for money and it only very occasionally that we are given cause to feel otherwise.

Whilst having a moan, I would also say that the watch I ordered for a Christmas present was chucked into a large bracelet box, unsecured and left to bounce around inside it! It was also the incorrect watch. I believe I am not the only one to experience this.

Did anyone else catch the comment made by Carol about better items being allocated to Sky? I only caught some of it and wonder if anyone else heard it all and could fill in the rest? I cannot imagine that this is the case, after all, the internet customers are the ones who have helped build Rocks. Am also wondering why we cannot buy all the same items Sky customers can - anyone know?

Moan over now lol. Hope everyone had a fab Christmas xxx

Whilst having a moan, I would also say that the watch I ordered for a Christmas present was chucked into a large bracelet box, unsecured and left to bounce around inside it! It was also the incorrect watch. I believe I am not the only one to experience this.

mine arrived like this too, wondered why it was in a bracelet box ( which it didnt quite fit into) with no instructions ect....lovely watch mind you, hubs loves it..... :mysmilie_922:

I've just sent mine back too as I couldn't get the charms I ordered for a friend's xmas present on it - the catch thing was too big for them.

Had to give her something else, which was sad. Now have lots of charms & no bracelet...

Latest posts

Back