The Caroline Lindsay Appreciation Thread

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

L

Lee Jones

Guest Shopper
Admiteadly not always my cup of tea, but I do believe The Jewellery Channel varies considerably from Gems TV and Rocks & Co so I shall look forward to welcoming her onto the station.

Hope this feeling is share with some of you lovely people...

:mysmilie_348:

Hopefully I am open minded and prepared to give anyone a chance. As has been already pointed out, I am sure TJC would have checked Caroline's sales record prior to employing her. There are several presenters that I am not too keen on, but I am certainly not going to attack them personally. I greatly dislike racists, but neither do I support comments like " with a mouth like that she should be a model for blow up dolls...." so I would like to wish all posters a very Happy New Year, and ask that we all take a deep breath and count to 10.

Hopefully I am open minded and prepared to give anyone a chance. As has been already pointed out, I am sure TJC would have checked Caroline's sales record prior to employing her. There are several presenters that I am not too keen on, but I am certainly not going to attack them personally. I greatly dislike racists, but neither do I support comments like " with a mouth like that she should be a model for blow up dolls...." so I would like to wish all posters a very Happy New Year, and ask that we all take a deep breath and count to 10.

Hi Penny Pincher,

Whilst I have no intention of continuing the anti CL stance as it has all been said, I think the point has been missed by some in this argument. The open mouthed posturing by CL (or whoever else practises this method) is a well rehearsed and deliberate action to deceive, whereby race, colour, sexuality, disabilities, etc. are chance of birth/genes and totally uncontrived. This is what makes the use of them as terms of abuse in a completely non-related argument so indefensible.

Argey xxx

Aww, poor Caroline!

As has been said before, presenters can and do read these posts and, while they must have a fairly thick skin in order to be in the public eye, they do also have feelings.

So Caroline probably realises that she's not the most popular presenter with some people, and she sees this thread and thinks "at last some people are going to say something nice about me"! So she clicks on the link and...

Well I'm going to say something nice about Caroline.

Caroline, I think you are one of the most articulate presenters, and that matters a lot to me. You use an interesting vocabulary and, what's more, all your sentences make grammatical sense - which is harder than it seems when you're speaking off the cuff.

Yes, your fake astonishment every time the price falls is wearing, but you're a trained actress and I'm sure you will be able to drop that particular act when you move to TJC, since that isn't really their style.

So good luck, Caroline!

Very Well Said Miss Magpie !!! I agree with you wholeheartedly.
I can't care how you dress it up nasty is still nasty... and I think people sometimes forget everybody has feelings.

I agree Miss Magpie. I'm not a fan of Caroline's fake shocked expressions, and as I said elsewhere, hopefully she will change her style of presenting slightly when she is at TJC (I think it seems fairly certain that that's where she is going to be popping up next).

She is very articulate and I have enjoyed watching her on many occasions ... when she drops the faux shock bit.

I have always enjoyed watching Caroline Lyndsay i think she is a nice person!
I think TJC is probably a much more relaxed company to work for, none of the presenters seam to shout at the screen, i think they know that if the product and price is right then we are going to buy!

I agree...but I think people need to think before posting comments that have the potential to cause offense, and if offense is caused without intention, have the decency and enough respect for other users to apologise for any hurt feelings. I am personally deeply offended and upset by what I have read on here this evening....and yes, I am Scottish.

If you couple a derogatory term with a nationality, you are incorporating the nationality into the insult and are thus insulting someone on the basis of their nationality and by definition their race. Is this not a fairly comprehensive definition of the term 'Racism'?

Last edited:
...and to bring us back to topic....

I think Caroline will drop the act at TJC. I think at first, on Gems, she wasn't so bad, but as the culture at Gems became more and more geared towards screechy banshee looking shocked, so she played it up more and more and more. Over at R n C that has been the culture from the start, so she could play it up even more!!

I do think that she has it in her to really rein it in, and I really do think that this is what TJC will want. She is, I am sure, perfectly capable of doing this.

...if not, there's always botox!!!! hee hee!!!

Last edited:
I have always enjoyed watching Caroline Lyndsay i think she is a nice person!
I think TJC is probably a much more relaxed company to work for, none of the presenters seam to shout at the screen, i think they know that if the product and price is right then we are going to buy!

Thats why I like watching (not buying unfort) TJC they are relaxed no gasps etc when the price goes down. I like Jim.

I agree that Caroline will have to tone down quite a bit to fit in if she does pop up at TJC. However, I am rather surprised at the vitriolic comments she has inspired on the Forum recently (stop watching the channel entirely if they employ her ?!). Her acting has become ott at Rocksandco, but I've never felt she's an evil, nasty person - she's selling something and I think the approach she chose (or was asked to use) has rankled with many watchers. I remember her from her early days at Gems and she was a much calmer, informative presenter.
I'm with MissM on this one, I feel very sorry for her and think that underneath the acting she comes across as a likeable person (with feelings!). We all have our favourites and presenters we don't like, but I'm prepared to give her the benefit of the doubt and I'll wait to see how she presents and if I don't like it, I'll just not watch when she's on.
I didn't stop watching Gems because they employ a screaming banshee, but because they have generally deteriorated so much. I love TJC and hope they go from strength to strength, with or without Caroline.

Oh, and HAPPY NEW YEAR to everybody!

Last edited:
Thats why I like watching (not buying unfort) TJC they are relaxed no gasps etc when the price goes down. I like Jim.

So you only buy from channels when the presenter shouts?
doesn’t matter about the price or quality then? LOL

We all have our favourites and presenters we don't like, but I'm prepared to give her the benefit of the doubt and I'll wait to see how she presents and if I don't like it, I'll just not watch when she's on.

Am not sure if I know who this Caroline is but agree with above. She will join the ranks of the other two TJC presenters I prefer not to watch!!

Happy (& peaceful) New Year everyone

So you only buy from channels when the presenter shouts?
doesn’t matter about the price or quality then? LOL

Would love to buy Phill some of the jewellery is lovely unfort like many others have been hit by the credit crunch. Days of spoiling myself are long gone now ah.

I agree...but I think people need to think before posting comments that have the potential to cause offense, and if offense is caused without intention, have the decency and enough respect for other users to apologise for any hurt feelings. I am personally deeply offended and upset by what I have read on here this evening....and yes, I am Scottish.

If you couple a derogatory term with a nationality, you are incorporating the nationality into the insult and are thus insulting someone on the basis of their nationality and by definition their race. Is this not a fairly comprehensive definition of the term 'Racism'?

Hi PR,

I agree with you that insulting people for their nationality is wrong. I am a Swede and I am also a nurse. This has provoked some people I have encountered to intimate that I am a promiscuous with a funny accent. It didn't bother me so much when I was younger, I just ignored it but it is just really "old" now. I am also a Catholic and one of my colleagues was holding court about a Jehovah's witness. She ended her rant by saying "and don't even get me started on Catholics!" We live in a modern, ethnically diverse country but still these attitudes persist. Rant over :)

Inge xx

Inge / PR

Couldn't agree with you more. Using race/ nationality/ colour/ religious beliefs/ sexual preference to insult is absolutely abhorrent.

Latest posts

Back