Placed an Order

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

persianglitter

Fire up the Quattro!
:mysmilie_348: I placed an order via TJC website on New Years Day - saw some really nice earrings - and because it stated FREE P&P for website purchases from 31st/12 until 4th January 2010 - plus an extra 10% this sort of clinched it for me - but now, I am wondering - just been on TJC to track my order - and for the past 2 days it has "REALIZED" does this mean that its being dealt with? Plus I have checked my bank account, and the money has already been held - TJC have taken the cost of the two pairs of earrings, plus the P&P!! and there is £3.00 that has gone walkabout, and I know I have not made any payments on my card, other than purchasing these earrings - has this happened to anyone else? :mysmilie_687:

Uh-oh!

This hasn't happened to me; the only thing I can suggest is the obvious - call CS! Good luck!

I wouldn't get in a panic just yet PG,often what happens is,when you place the order,whilst the company does not charge until dispatch,the bank reduces the money available in your account,sort of like a holding position.

For example,I placed an order for some bedding with a company that was offering 20% discount,the bank 'held' the full amount(minus discount) but on dispatch,when the order was finalised,I was charged the correct amount.

I guess that this is what is happening here,TJC systems are probably set up to include the p&p on the order automatically but will probably discount this on completion.

Hope this makes sense :)

I wouldn't get in a panic just yet PG,often what happens is,when you place the order,whilst the company does not charge until dispatch,the bank reduces the money available in your account,sort of like a holding position.

For example,I placed an order for some bedding with a company that was offering 20% discount,the bank 'held' the full amount(minus discount) but on dispatch,when the order was finalised,I was charged the correct amount.

I guess that this is what is happening here,TJC systems are probably set up to include the p&p on the order automatically but will probably discount this on completion.

Hope this makes sense :)

:mysmilie_687: yes it does make sense, i am not expecting to get it this week, though, not with the back log! lol I will keep you posted as to the outcome - thanks xx

Persianglitter, I think you'll find that Sweetpea is right. When they do specials for P & P, the usually tell you that if you buy on the web it will look as though you are being charged the full P & P because it's a lot of work for them to change the site. They reconcile all web orders at the end of the day, and you only get charged the P & P that it should be. I've bought during one of their special P & P days and although the receipt says the full P & P, I've only been charged the reduced amount.

:mysmilie_348: I placed an order via TJC website on New Years Day - saw some really nice earrings - and because it stated FREE P&P for website purchases from 31st/12 until 4th January 2010 - plus an extra 10% this sort of clinched it for me - but now, I am wondering - just been on TJC to track my order - and for the past 2 days it has "REALIZED" does this mean that its being dealt with? Plus I have checked my bank account, and the money has already been held - TJC have taken the cost of the two pairs of earrings, plus the P&P!! and there is £3.00 that has gone walkabout, and I know I have not made any payments on my card, other than purchasing these earrings - has this happened to anyone else? :mysmilie_687:

A similar thing happened to me and when I contacted CS they said, "The system recognises all discounts and offers on an order once the order is in an overnight processing state", so everything should come right when you receive the final bill.

I've found this recently too! I ordered an item over the phone, quoted a discount code, was told it was accepted but the price didn't tally. Only when i received the item , was the invoice the correct amount including discount.

I am so angry - checked TJC website this morning, order tracking - still on REALIZED - went on my internet banking - the money for the items went out this morning - and I noticed I am also £35.84 OVERDRAWN - which trust me - i never allow - so have been onto my bank, and guess what? TJC have withdrawn a further £34.84 from my account - which is strange seeing as the first lot of money they have taken from my account is £32.85!! This has incurred me an over draft fine!! I am not a happy bunny - I am off now to Email CS - as I have tried to ring them, and apparently their CS is not open until 9.00 am - I could kick myself - i had a feeling things would go wrong, the moment I ordered.

I have sent two emails to them - one via their website - and one to CS - I am hoping that they do contact me today - as I am not in the slightest bit impressed - being charged twice for the same items - and the second time £3.00 more expensive than the first lot they have taken out of my account - it doesnt make for comfortable shopping - knowing that they are suck cock-up merchants - and i am so annoyed at myself - thats why i put a posting on ST.com regarding my order in the first place - call it intuition but as soon as the order went through and i noticed that they had charged me P&P, I thought - oh you stupid gonk PG!! I could literally kick myself from here to the moon, around several orbits and back again - to say i am angry, is really an understatement - I am snorting like a bull now! lol - god help anyone, in my family who gets in my way today! - I am so STRESSED!! all i am going to be able to do today is talk like Beaker (from the Muppets) I will keep anyone who is remotely interested in my strife, informed (now i am off to pop a lot of bubble packaging! lol) xxx

Good luck PG,I have had to contact them several times about the amounts taken.They always seem a bit woolly about it and say it will be the right amount deducted.
Pity they can't get their CS sorted as this was a constant problem with R&C.
I'm off now to check my card statement.

I don't think this is the answer for you but TJC (and other companies) do a test run for each order of around £1 each time (sometimes a bit more). The bank then holds that money as unavailable to you until it isn't claimed (10 working days I think). So the £3 may be 3 attempts at doing this? Did you by any chance have problems with the website when checking out?

The other thing to check with your bank .......... have TJC actually taken BOTH amounts out of your account or have they taken one of the amounts but got an authorisation for the second amount (which again would put you into deficit as this still is funds allocated for a company whether they take it or not.

Hope I've explained that ok?

the latest update - spoke to a really lovely lad called Miles at TJC cs I ended up ringing them - no replies as yet to emails that I sent - any way he said that the money taken was in "holding" and would go back into my account. Checked my bank account tonight, and hey presto young Miles is quite correct - normality has been restored to the PG's account! My bank blamed TJC and TJC said it was the bank - but who cares! I am no longer overdrawn - and am awaiting delivery of 2 pairs of earrings - now, whether they turn up at the end of the week - is another thing - we have SNOW - and lots of it!!! HUGE flakes - any way - i am quite relieved the week started badly, and run its course well, youngest son come home from college today, and had to be taken for stitiches!!! as he was "fighting" with bamboo canes at college - got hit on the left hand on thumb and it has 7 stitches!!!! and all his nibs is worried - can he still play his bass guitar tomorrow as he has a gig on 29th January!!!!! BOYS!!!!!! any, peace and love, keep you all updated :mysmilie_12: xxxx as to when my order does evently turn up !!!! :mysmilie_61:

Hi PG
I placed my very first order with TJC on New Years Eve. I only went for standard delivery which I see takes 5 -7 working days so I wasnt getting worried that it hadnt arrived yet, but you ordered yours a day after I did so perhaps I should be? My order tracking says "Your Order has been Invoiced. Item will pickup from warehouse soon". So far, not particularly impressed with TJC - at least I knew where I was with Gems TV. Dispatch is always prompt and I know it will be delivered the day after it had been dispatched.

Hi PG
I placed my very first order with TJC on New Years Eve. I only went for standard delivery which I see takes 5 -7 working days so I wasnt getting worried that it hadnt arrived yet, but you ordered yours a day after I did so perhaps I should be? My order tracking says "Your Order has been Invoiced. Item will pickup from warehouse soon". So far, not particularly impressed with TJC - at least I knew where I was with Gems TV. Dispatch is always prompt and I know it will be delivered the day after it had been dispatched.

Hi Greenie - I have checked the order tracking today (wednesday 6/1) and it to says "your order has been invoiced item will pickup from warehouse soon", iam hoping that it will turn up by the end of the week - makes me laugh seeing as i have ordered from the sales, a pair of SNAIL earrings!! is true - my delivery is taking a snail's pace and getting here too :mysmilie_61: xx

Well done PG! :mysmilie_696: I hope we get to see these when they arrive, in fact maybe we should all pay homage to them when they do, the work involved getting them! :mysmilie_697:

Well done PG! :mysmilie_696: I hope we get to see these when they arrive, in fact maybe we should all pay homage to them when they do, the work involved getting them! :mysmilie_697:

:mysmilie_687: reddwarf - its amazing what three vitriolic emails can do for you! the CS certainly felt the rasp of my keyboard!!:mysmilie_61: When they turn up, I think I will positively faint with shock! must be the snail earrings have hexed everything! :mysmilie_61: Is it me or is anyone else having trouble with their broadband/t'internet connections - mine is soooooooo slow, several snails have past me! lol (no truly, its so slow, it took me ages to get this web site up, and then to log, and then to reply to this posting) :mysmilie_11: xxxx

Well as of today, I am still waiting! and have checked order tracking today, and it is still in warehouse awaiting pickup - blimey charley ! In the time its taken for my order to come through, i could have sewn my own interpreation of the Bayeux Tapestry! :mysmilie_61:

A-ha! So it isn't just me having difficulty then with the speed! I've been chatting on another forum at the same time inbetween posts to fill the time it is taking to browse and reply :mysmilie_61:

Reddwarf - no its not only you who is having trouble with the thingy being sooooooooo slow, a striking slow worm has more speed than my lap top/broadband connection at this moment in time!! Funnily enough its been like this for the past few days - it worse in the evenings! I can get up the site, go make a brew, come back, still no sign of web site coming up, go and empty dishwasher, put stuff away, hoover the frontroom, come back, hey presto - then log in - and read war and peace to kill time whilst i wait - perhaps this is one of the cons of living in the middle of absolutely nowhere! lol -

Latest posts

Back