New coated pink diamond info!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

gemcherub

Registered Shopper
The more i think about this the more my blood boils, if i had never questioned if the studs were coated would they ever have admitted to all these diamonds being coated or would they have just taken all their customers for £1000's.
I can't believe how long it has taken them to find out this information, it is shocking and a total and utter disgrace!

Just found this!
OMG 18K Natural Canary & White Dia Two Tone Gold Ring - Enhancement: Heat+Irradiation
http://www.gemstv.co.uk/shop-detail.jsp?product=UKS6395&category=preweb&colourScheme=9

Last edited:
Sorry to hear you've not been well Gemcherub. Hope you feel better soon x

Come to think of it, hope it wasn't you who gave me this dreaded flu!!! :mysmilie_697:

Sorry to hear you've not been well Gemcherub. Hope you feel better soon x

Come to think of it, hope it wasn't you who gave me this dreaded flu!!! :mysmilie_697:

Could have been thats what i've had since new years day! sorry :mysmilie_61:
p.s glad your back :mysmilie_12:

Hope you're feeling better Cherub! I know it's no help to anyone who's already bought, but at least now the information is available, so there should be no more confusion.

So sorry youve not been well, hope your on the mend now x x Yay Klos, youre back, fab to see you here, this whole coated thing has got me worried now, i have a yellow diamond ring i bought off gems about 2 years ago, is it just the pink they have admitted to coating, or could it be some of the other coloured diamonds aswell ?

'Scuse my higgerance, but how can they show a "natural" canary diamond as enhanced by irradiation? How's that "natural"? xxxxx

Hope you're feeling better Cherub! I know it's no help to anyone who's already bought, but at least now the information is available, so there should be no more confusion.

Yeah, but will they be making this clear to the telly viewers?

By the way, glad to hear you are recovering Gemcherub, and get well soon Krosbint. xxxxxxxx

Do you think they might have gone overboard and got this wrong?

Worth e-mailing them to check...

I've just been on the phone with GemsTV regarding a pink diamond ring I bought last year, which I now see is coated - bah!

I was told that Gems will be contacting everyone who's bought any of these pink coated diamonds, (the treatment of which was undisclosed by the supplier). I was also told to expect a phone call this week. I suggested they shoot the supplier!:mysmilie_697:

Hope you feel better now gemcherub and thanks for keeping us updated.

Mxx

Phew!

Sorry to hear both Cherub and Klos are poorly, hope you both feel much better soon.

Ta for the heads up Cherub, I hadn't seen this new info. But I would've thought that pieces which include coated diamonds should have lower prices. I posted about this purchase last summer and paid £199 for it. But I wasn't bowled over by it and it was returned. Now just check out its clearance price....and the pinkies are coated!! :mysmilie_1142:

I've just been through my orders and luckily that yellow diamond set I also posted about seem to be okay....for the moment!

So sorry youve not been well, hope your on the mend now x x Yay Klos, youre back, fab to see you here, this whole coated thing has got me worried now, i have a yellow diamond ring i bought off gems about 2 years ago, is it just the pink they have admitted to coating, or could it be some of the other coloured diamonds aswell ?
I bought mine about the same time Rebecca and I've had it confirmed by letter that they are definately not coated, but if I was you I'd send them an email with the code number and ask them to investigate it just to be on the safe side.

Edit: I must chase up the info on my Majestic Ruby though...can't find Andrew Lovett's email addy, does anyone have it please??

Last edited:
Sue, I haven't had any info about my "Majestic" (haha not) Ruby Ring either.

Address for Andy Lovett: [email protected]

I'm not sure but think this is a recent addition to the enhancement page on Gems website.

Ruby (aka 'majestic ruby') FD/S Impregnated with colourless or coloured lead glass filler to improve appearance; sometimes classified as composite gemstones, these rubies are treated using heat and a high refractive index lead-glass to fill fractures and cavities. This vastly improves the apparent clarity and potentially adds weight and/or intensifies colour and/or colour uniformity and/or appearance. The lead-glass is typically yellow to orange in colour and can artificially augment the red colour of these gems. Common Fair Care needed Avoid heat, steaming, chemicals and ultrasonic. Fillers in cavities and/or fissures can scratch more easily than the host gem or be more vulnerable to damage from heat or some chemicals. The lead glass may be damaged by a variety of solvents.

Thanks Fluff. Yes that is a recent addition to the enhancements info, it certainly wasn't there when I bought my MR in 2006. Time to take this further.

Ta for the heads up Cherub, I hadn't seen this new info. But I would've thought that pieces which include coated diamonds should have lower prices. I posted about this purchase last summer and paid £199 for it. But I wasn't bowled over by it and it was returned. Now just check out its clearance price....and the pinkies are coated!! :mysmilie_1142:

That was my immediate thought Sacha. Surely they should be much cheaper if they're coated? I don't have any so I'm not affected but hubby bought me a Majestic Ruby a few years ago so I suppose that'll be filled. When you compare it to the Burmese Ruby ring I have from TJC it's very pink rather than red so tbh I never wear it as I prefer a ruby to be ruby red and not ruby pink!

Thank you for all your kind wishes my lovely friends xx

Furious? Yes I ****** am. These are all coated and I've got them sitting in my jewellery box:

http://www.gemstv.co.uk/shop-detail.jsp?product=UDV4308&category=clearance&colourScheme=9 Oops - you've got this also?

http://www.gemstv.co.uk/shop-detail.jsp?product=UAW6781&category=clearance&colourScheme=9 Oops - again me and you?

I haven't got this but it's similar to the first one I posted and is also coated:
http://www.gemstv.co.uk/shop-detail.jsp?product=UVT3225&category=clearance&colourScheme=9

I will be returning the two items above for a full refund AND I want interest on the money they've had.

ALSO, you may like to know that I've received information to say that a Ruby I bought was glass filled. I've emailed them today to find out exactly what they're going to do as I also have an email from GemsTV stating that this was heated only. I received the email just after I bought it.

I'm still waiting to hear back on the Alexandrites and a host of other items I've bought from them. I'll update you when I know.

GC - thanks hun for the heads up.
Klos - brilliant to see you back.
Wishing both of you a speedy recovery.

I'm still waiting to hear on my Pad Sapphires and Alexandrites aswell.
I have emailed Andrew again as i asked about my Pads at the end of November and i feel that is ample time so i can only assume they have found out they weren't genuine as sold to me and now they are trying to find a way out of/around it!

Sorry - yes I know hun. I thought the pendants though were very similar and if somebody had been interested in one, they may have also looked at the other. Hence I posted both. Thankfully all the other pinks I bought at the same time got sent back! Two because pink diamonds actually fell out - which in hindsight was very lucky for me. In all my years of shopping with GemsTV, I hadn't had to send anything back for missing stones and then it was 2 in as many months AND they were both these awful coated items.

Latest posts

Back