New TV format

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

MissMagpie

If it sparkles - grab it
Didn't think i'd like it so much, since the presenters can't see all the chat, but actually it's going really well - it has a real buzz. Some lovely new pieces, too - especially the cabochon tourmalines!

Didn't think i'd like it so much, since the presenters can't see all the chat, but actually it's going really well - it has a real buzz. Some lovely new pieces, too - especially the cabochon tourmalines!

I wasn't too sure what to expect, but I have to say I think they are going to be true competition to the over channels.

They by far have the best graphics - they are not too in your face, they don't go over the top in terms of bouncing about, but they are still fun and interactive.

I do have to say that I do like the idea of chat messages appearing onscreen, but not sure if we need to have some of the title tattle put up, as the presenters seem to feel the need to read them all, first of all they seem to strain to read it off the monitor and secondly not sure if its too distracting from what they are selling - unless of course the message is product relevant.

Also, love the feeling of it all being operated by a small team, with Steve and Co always buzzing around, producing etc, makes it feel a lot more welcoming.

Sadly, I have to say that I've not watched as much tonight, I like Steve & Barry presenting, but not that keen on the rest I'm affraid.

Good luck to them though, wonder if they can nudge themselves onto Freeview at some point.

I agree with you MissM, some of the new pieces are delicious, especially those cabochon tourmalines. I have a ring in my basket and those earrings that you grabbed last night were beautiful - very you, I can just imagine you wearing them.
I sent an email to Sarah requesting more cabochon cut stones, should have asked for more cabochon rainbow moonstone as well!

Hi Jacqualina,

If you like Marcasite, I have got a beautiful new Marcasite and Cabochon Moonstone ring just come in!

Regards

Sarah

Why is the scroller at the bottom of the screen going from Left to Right, shouldn’t it be scrolling from Right to Left lol

Having watched it on sky last night I did notice there is a lack of info on the ring sizes and wondered if thats why they did'nt seem to fly as quickly as i would of thought
As an old customer i know a lot of the rings unless stated are N but for others watching who are not familiar they might be left wondering about sizes
Other than that it i really impressed, but will still buy on the web away from oh lol

I think it's GREAT!!! Particularly loved Rod's faux shocked face yesterday evening when one of the prices fell! We got the gapey open mouth, the big wide open eyes and the hand to the mouth - all completely done in jest of course! I nearly fell off my seat laughing and really nearly put a comment in the chat about a certain other channels presenters, but thought best not!!

I love the fact there is no clock, just like the original falling price auction's!
And thanks for sorting out the scroller LOL

I love the fact there is no clock, just like the original falling price auction's!
And thanks for sorting out the scroller LOL

Absolutely Phill, I don't know how the others get away with calling themselves falling auctions when they have a set price and, most often nowadays, only drop from silly price once. I think it's time that a stop was put to this practice and that the channels should be made to return to the original falling format or just set a price from the offset. xxx

I think the problem is that if the price is allowed to fall indefinitely, they just don't make any money! On the other hand with a fixed price they don't sell fast enough, since there is less pressure to "buy now or lose it".

I think Steve is very brave to have another crack at the true falling price format. I hope it works out this time and he is still able to make a profit - otherwise we'll be seeing the return of the lock-in plunge (or similar).

I really liked the original rising price auctions on rocks.tv, with three items on the go at once... shame they had to drop that format. I think the problem was that the prices just didn't go high enough for the really high-end items. Pity.

I think the problem is that if the price is allowed to fall indefinitely, they just don't make any money! On the other hand with a fixed price they don't sell fast enough, since there is less pressure to "buy now or lose it".

I think Steve is very brave to have another crack at the true falling price format. I hope it works out this time and he is still able to make a profit - otherwise we'll be seeing the return of the lock-in plunge (or similar).

I didn't mind that so much as at least they gave it a good go before bringing it in, and there was always the odd chance of a good lock-in drop for those who like that little buzz. xxx

I didn't mind that so much as at least they gave it a good go before bringing it in, and there was always the odd chance of a good lock-in drop for those who like that little buzz. xxx

Yes Lurgey, we all know how you like your 'little buzz' eh? :mysmilie_17:

I really liked the original rising price auctions on rocks.tv, with three items on the go at once... shame they had to drop that format.

Same here, MissMagpie. It was fun, wasn't it? Remember when Barry broke his gavel...(ooerr, Matron!!)

Im real happy with the new layout.Steve and co have done a great job...................RocksTV is the best

Same here, MissMagpie. It was fun, wasn't it? Remember when Barry broke his gavel...(ooerr, Matron!!)

ooooo I remember that!!!! Tres funny that was!!! Used to love that format, but as was said, that prices on high end items just didn't go high enough...I remember the reversible rings going for circa £80, and I got a gorgeous blue diamond ring for £65 and a white gold (11 grams of by the way!!) diamond eternity type band for £55!! There is no way they could have sustained these prices. Shame though!!!

Wish I'd got a reversible ring for £80 - I paid about twice that for mine, and that was under the old format!

I hope they'll bring back the reversible ring concept with different gemstones. They were lovely.

Latest posts

Back