PanDigital Scanner - help please.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Jan

Registered Shopper
Having purchased this I just can't get the photo's to come up on the computer the correct size. I've set it to 300 dpi but they are still enormous. I've got a 22" monitor and I can't see even half of the 6 x 4 photo. It's going to take me a year and a day to resize each and everyone at this rate, any help gratefully received.

Thank You.

300 dpi is about correct for scanning but you need to resize the image after the scan.1600x1200 is about right for your monitor this can be done Photoshop or elements and similar programes lots of free ones on the net and most have batch processing so you can resize lots of pics all at once.

Thank You Snoopy.

I was hoping I wouldn't have to do any resizing.

I had no idea when I ordered this that pics would need resizing. I'm now wishing I'd stayed with the flatbed scanner, at least they don't need resizing.

I use Corel PhotoPAINT and Irfan view but I haven't been able to find a batch resize on either of them.

If I can't sort it I think I shall return it, it was supposed to be fun to use not a chore.

Thanks.

I only had a quick go with mine yeaterday Jan but I've scanned a few photos to the card that was supplied. When I put that in my netbook to view them they display just like the photos from my digital camera does (I can see the whole photo on the screen). I've not had to resize them.

Thank you both, I wonder what's going wrong in my case!

This is what it's like when I click on it in Explorer, no sizing, nothing.

Do you think it may be faulty?

Attachments

• Enormous Scan.jpg
    Enormous Scan.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 197
I'm not really techy, is it possible you have the programme you are viewing it on set to fit to screen??

Can't think what it could be, have you the option of trying it on another pc?

I'm at a total loss Di.

That pic is on the screen to fit screen as it's too big otherwise and it's 41% of what it wants to be.

I do have a laptop and will try that tomorrow.

Snoopy's link was very helpful but I'm not sure I can be bothered to do that for a good few hundred photos.

If I recall correctly, on the demo on QVC, we never saw the guest actually put them on to PC just onto the included SD card.

Decided to do it tonight.
Still comes up pretty big.

I saved the default size to the computer under each of the two resolution settings.

Lower res is 1703 x 1169 pixels.

Higher res is 3340 x 2258.

They are the numbers shown in explorer if I hover over each photo (same picture).

At 600 dpi which is the highest resolution a 6x4" photo would be 3600 pixels long. If you are viewing them in a paint program (I'm on my netbook and I can't see the photo that well) there should be a magnification setting so that you can reduce the size of them so you can see it all on screen without losing the resolution of the scanned image.

Oops, I see you said that earlier.

If you just want to view them have you tried opening them up in Windows Picture and Fax viewer rather than the Paint program? That's what I use and they are fine with that.

Thanks for the link LynneH but all those FAQ's seem to be for the digital photo frame although they have the scanner pictured up the top.

I'll get my husband to scan a photo on his flat bed and see what that comes out like, then I'll decide if I'll keep it or not.

It's not faulty - it's just that some viewers will automatically make the picture the correct size for your screen whilst others don't.

For example if you download Picassa from Google and use that to view the pictures they will all be at a more manageable size to view.

Alan

Thanks Alan.

I couldn't understand why the scanned picture showed on the programs rulers at more than 1200 mm. It wasn't the correct size on the screen, I couldn't even see all the pics until I did fit to screen.

I expected it to show up as what it was in reality, 15 x 10 cms or 6 x 4 inches.

I haven't tried mine out yet but thanks for the tips everyone. Funnily enough, they sent me a 2nd one as a replacement without any phone call from me and without my even having taken the first one out of the box! I've phoned up and they are sending a label for me to return the duplicate. As someone has obviously had a problem with their scanner and asked for a replacement, I said I'd try out one of them before returning the second one! I assume that somewhere some poor person is waiting for a scanner replacement that won't land.

Latest posts

Back