do you use your 30day MBG

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

LE lover

Registered Shopper
So i've had yet another clearout, and i'm amazed at the amount of things i've kept that i really should have sent back. I'm cross with myself because instead of gathering dust, being stuck at the bottom of a make up bag or stuffed in a wardrobe i could have got all that money back:mysmilie_73:

I sent three items back today but it made me realise i keep a lot that really should go back.
Does anyone else do the same? please say yes:mysmilie_61:

Almost never. I only buy sth when I am sure I will not send it back. On a couple of occasions, I did send items back, as they were not as expected (my return rate is almost 0%).

I am sorry; the answer is no (LH will be pleased I used the word :))

Last edited:
Almost never. I only buy sth when I am sure I will not send it back. On a couple of occasions, I did send items back, as they were not as expected (my return rate is almost 0%).

Me neither - I'd rather lose the postage than keep anything unwanted - always debate before ordering and the aout keeping ince it arrives - can't affort to be otherwise

Sorry, but I'm like WS, my return rate is very low. Last year, I sent back 3 items which is the most ever in a year.I fact, I've only sent back 4 items in the 5 years we've been here. Two were sleeveless tops from the same range, can't remember the name of it now, but the tops were lovely to look at but the armholes came practically down to my waist - really weird sizing. The other was a pair of earrings I ordered when under the influence of alcohol, which was my own fault, but they certainly weren't worth even a quarter of the 40 pound price tag!:mysmilie_697:

Another one who only buys if they think/know they will really use it.

Now this did not happen overnight, I did buy all round me in the early days.

If something is not up to standard I will of course return it.

Sorry, but I'm like WS, my return rate is very low. Last year, I sent back 3 items which is the most ever in a year.I fact, I've only sent back 4 items in the 5 years we've been here. Two were sleeveless tops from the same range, can't remember the name of it now, but the tops were lovely to look at but the armholes came practically down to my waist - really weird sizing. The other was a pair of earrings I ordered when under the influence of alcohol, which was my own fault, but they certainly weren't worth even a quarter of the 40 pound price tag!:mysmilie_697:

I bet that they were "attitude by renee" tops. I ordered one once (and it was really pretty) but the armholes were enormous and, added to that, they were about 4 inches to wide on each side. The top was a "small" so I couldn't go any further down.
I don't order stuff that I will send back because my purchases tend to be repeat buys or things that I am sure about. Clothes are the main problem so I have stopped ordering them. Not that there is much to tempt really.

I think I have only returned 2 items in 3-4 years, and they were just the wrong size if I remember rightly. I think long and hard before buying anything to be honest.

I've started to become much more choosy now with what I order from them. Like a lot of others have stated I now only order if I am sure I will like it and want to keep it. This has led to me tailing off my orders and thus keeping my returns lower than previous levels. I try now and stick to Laura Geller stuff only - but if there is something else I want like L'occitane for instance then I check out other places first before I buy. I have sent a few things back in the last 12 months, but it's been more to do with having been sent returns or unsatisfactory quality rather than me not actually wanting/needing an item if that makes sense. All in all I've saved myself a packet by not spending as much money on QVC tho...

I have used my 30 day mbg - although not really in the last year or so - not since I had "The Letter" this time last year.I was really cheesed off almost cross I got the letter for the reasons we've chewed over again and again on this forum - but that said,its really made me stop and think about what I'm buying - its saved me money on willy-nilly items if you like and saved me money on postage on returns.Today for instance I would have gone for the yankee tsv in a blink - not even thought about it.However,its the time of the year,I'm most hard up - another tsv,i'm looking forward to coming up next week,will i really use all those large candles no matter how much I love them etcc....its really making me stop and think where I never used.

I have been a qvc viewer since its launch - and I have sent things back regularly for various reasons in the past- and normally the day after i recieve it.i would alwys prefer to swallow the postage cost than keep something thats not going to be used/up to scratch/not as expected etc..

I gave up buying clothes from QVC as their sizing is just too odd. Now all I really buy are certain TSV's if they are good value or if I really fancy it and think I will like it. ( like my lovely smokey quartz and diamond ring bought in the sale and using the easy pay offer and its tunning and I have not taken it off since I got it),
but I am very happy to return if I think they are not as discribed, or badly made/faulty. My return rate ia apparently 8% ( I asked when all the discussion came up inthe forum) and I have not paid myself to send one item back in the last 3 years ( I checked, so all either faulty, missing/incomplete, or bad quality issues)

Last edited:
Recently I have sent stuff back...but I used to keep most things and not necessarily use them. I am trying to be cautious with what I order, think about it etc but i still make mistakes like a centigrade coat that I bought on my 3 easy pays- it was poor quality when it arrived and I had pondered on it for weeks.:mysmilie_81:

I bet that they were "attitude by renee" tops. I ordered one once (and it was really pretty) but the armholes were enormous and, added to that, they were about 4 inches to wide on each side. The top was a "small" so I couldn't go any further down.
I don't order stuff that I will send back because my purchases tend to be repeat buys or things that I am sure about. Clothes are the main problem so I have stopped ordering them. Not that there is much to tempt really.

Yes! They were, I went back and checked, she must have some strangely shaped customers!:mysmilie_61:

I sent back a very nice top from Renee, i wore it once and it started to fray. I haven't ordered anything from her since.

I used to keep things I should have returned, but now I do send them back by return of post if they are not as expected or unsuitable. For example, I bought a bag last week for my mum, but it came today and it's too small, so it's going straight back tomorrow. At one time, I'd probably have kept it for myself or given it to someone else as a gift.
I never try stuff and send it back used though, always straight back by return of post.

I send stuff straight back, hate having it lying around almost reproaching me for my foolishness for thinking it was going to be so much nicer than it turned out to be. I hate queing at the post office but I hate wasting money even more! I am more and more put off by the p and p costs, think they are really cheeky with the amount they charge, I recently bought a large heavy hard back book from Amazon ( brilliant biography of Ruldoph Nureyev in case anyone is interersted) and the p and p was the standard £2 75p, which is what Qvc would charge to send for a ring

I am TERRIBLE at returning unwanted or unsuitable items.

I have been with QVC from day 1, although obviously didnt order on the first day, and think that I have only returned 3 things, but times are harder now and I will endeavour to be more selective with my ordering or start to return these unwanted items

Have I not taught you anything LE L? Perhaps if the ordering was less the need to return would be less. Write 100 times, Must try harder.

only sent one thing back which I knew was a bad idea when I ordered it...a cr*ppy top which was about five sizes too small....
I never order now until I am 100% sure I am going to keep whatever it is,I really need it and it is good value for money

only sent one thing back which I knew was a bad idea when I ordered it...a cr*ppy top which was about five sizes too small....
I never order now until I am 100% sure I am going to keep whatever it is,I really need it and it is good value for money

10/10 Queenie. You are my star pupil.:mysmilie_82:

Latest posts

Back