Another Liz Earle Story

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

RICKY S

Registered Shopper
Sorry if I'm boring you all but something interesting happened yesterday.

About 2 months ago I bought a LE TSV from QVC, but the Muslin Cloths were missing. Customer services said they would sort for me.
The replacement items were sent by Liz Earle direct.
Yesterday when I got in I had some offers sent through the post from Liz Earle for various items.
It makes you wonder if LE are trying to tempt QVC customers to buy directly from their own website. I hadn't bought anything through Liz Earle's website before so they could only have got my address from QVC.
It has worked for me though. After checking out the prices I probably won't be buying through QVC again.
I live in West Cumbria, so we don't have the likes of John Lewis anywhere near us, so I always bought from QVC in the past.

Good news for me, but I thought it was quite sneaky of LE to go behind QVC's back like that, But I am glad they did! :mysmilie_61:

Also. thanks to everyone for the Welcome messages. :mysmilie_687:

i think it tends to be the case that if you want specific items youre better off with her own website. i only buy mens shower gel and always go direct or to john lewis if i happen to be there. QVC package everything up into these "kits" which i suppose are fine if you want all the extras, if you dont its a waste of money regardless what the "ml for ml value" is. theres no point in getting "all these extra items for just £1.34p" if you dont want or need the items anyway.

The offer on LE's website is 3 of any choice Body Wash for £27 with free P&P on the entire order, so a good time to stock up.

:mysmilie_12: I usually buy direct from LE website as I have always got freebies with my order. Last time I ordered the footcare giftset and the skin booster tonic x 2 and I surprised that I got not only a freebie but a full size Eye Bright Tonic. You certainly don't get that with QVC!!

I received my order from LE Direct this morning - just Skin Tonic and Eyebright but I had the most welcome freebie in the box. It was a C&P Starter Kit which contained a 200ml tube of C&P and 2 Muslin Cloths which retail at £22.25 on their website!!! This was as well as a 15ml tube of Sun Shade SPF25 Face Protector worth £5.25. I have to say that their service is second to none as previous freebies have included a box of their Vital Oils.

I decided a long time ago to place my business direct and would only buy TSV's if I needed the bulk of the items but as so often happens they get padded out with far too many small sizes.

After reading about going to LE direct, fast delivery, great freebies, i placed an order and waited a week to get me package and my free gift was a sample of perfume!

Do the freebies depend on what you spend? I was a bit surprised cos going by reading on here and the LE FB page, most people have recieved fab free stuff!

Just wondering....?

:mysmilie_687:

After reading about going to LE direct, fast delivery, great freebies, i placed an order and waited a week to get me package and my free gift was a sample of perfume!

Do the freebies depend on what you spend? I was a bit surprised cos going by reading on here and the LE FB page, most people have recieved fab free stuff!

Just wondering....?

:mysmilie_687:

I've been ordering from LE direct for many years now and the freebies do seem to vary but I do wonder if the bigger ones are perhaps based on your annual spending rather than a particular order amount - does that make sense? It's also possible that your continued support is taken into account as well but I've no idea what actually decides the value of your free gift. Maybe someone with more knowledge will be able to give a better explanation.

I've been ordering from LE direct for many years now and the freebies do seem to vary but I do wonder if the bigger ones are perhaps based on your annual spending rather than a particular order amount - does that make sense? It's also possible that your continued support is taken into account as well but I've no idea what actually decides the value of your free gift. Maybe someone with more knowledge will be able to give a better explanation.
Ahh yes it does make sense BL thank you xx

Maybe the size of the free gift you get depends on your previous orders but I think the content is fairly random from my experience. Once I received a mini version of the same product I'd ordered as my free gift.

Also slightly off topic here but has anyone else noticed that the full size elemis products don't include a mini samle any more (or maybe mine was pinched). Bought some skin buff from John Lewis and was looking forward to a mini freebie inside the box - but nothing there...

ive been ordering from le direct for about 10 years, you always get a complementry mini size of something it appears on your invoice but as a bonus every so often as a thank you for your continuing custome they put a larger freebi in, ive had 3x skin tonics, c&p starter packs al sorts, very good cs

I purchased some items from her shop in Kings Road, one of them was a try me size, when I got to the till, I was told I could have that item free.

Ive had a few products free and Ive only been ordering for around 2-3 years I've had 2 or 3 treatment kits, full size orange wash and a full size spritzer. It makes me want to keep using the site - all the offers are fab! I wouldnt get my LE from anywhere else ive never had any problems.

I always buy my Liz Earle products direct from her website, then I can buy exactly what I want and not what QVC want me to buy. The P&P is always cheaper, the delivery is always faster, and there's usually a free sample (occasionally it's a full size product) enclosed.
Liz Earle's ciustomer service is legendary.

I only used to get a small freebie but the last time I ordered I got a full size eyebright (which I love) and a perfume sample (which is in a prper little pump-cute!) I had bought the new eye treatment so it was the first what I would call expensive item I had bought from her site. At the shop in my experience you only get a travel size freebie whatever you spend so it pays to split your purchase up and go back later if you want an extra-plus they let you choose your own from a dish. Much faster delivery and cheaper p&p than QVC but I have bought a few qvc kits/tsv's in the last 5 years as they can be such good value.

Latest posts

Back